What's new

Tropical outdoor 2008 season .....

G

guest123

well it seems like i just left the 2007 grow thread ,, and here we are again already ..
so now i am in full prep mode for the next grow ,, things are going to be a bit different this time ..
firstly , finally i am on my own , yahoooooooooo . no more parteners to hold me back ....
i know in order to do a good grow ,, i will have to drag a lot more fertalizer out there than the previous 2 grows ... around 5-600 kg of chicken manure will be carried out there over the next few weeks , both raw dried stuff from the chicken farm , and pelletised stuff with additives (seaweed , blood and bone etc )
its hard work ,but a good crop of cannabis doesnt come easy , the more u put in the more u will get out , there is no doubt about it ...

i have begun to dig over the first area already , this time i am digging trenches instead of singular holes , a trench is easier to feed , can hold more plants and will make use of the soil that has not been tilled for a few years ..

in order to keep the plants sheltered and more watered when they are young ,, i dig out around shovel depth and mound up beside the trench , then add ferts , and dig into the depth of a shovel again ... this seems to be crucial in order to keep the water up to them during the dry season ...
after the ferts are dug in , i add leaf mulch to the top and will leave for around 6 weeks before planting ...

when i plant ,, ill dig a bit of perlite in aswell , and cover the top layer with a generous layer of newspaper , which will also help keep the moisture in ..
im hoping all this prep pays off given how hard it is on the old body , hehe...

one of the nicer plants from last season , nice juicy fruit flavour ...

G

guest123

tokinjoe said:
I'm pulling up a chair for this one....Best of luck to ya Wally. What strains are you growing?
hey tokin joe , your more than welcome to hang around ,, make sure its a comfy chair cause i think its going to be a long haul here ..
thanks for the good tidings ....

as for strains ,, well we have a nice line up this season , a few things i havent tried out there , but preliminary testing proved they should perform up to par ..
so our good friends at seedbay/boutique sent me a few packs of skunks , some kali mist and some super silver haze ..
i figured the super silver haze over the skunks , and some c99 should give the plants a big of leg up in the short days of the early season ill grow them in ,, i crossed the kali mist with itself ..
and also have a small swag of c99 seeds along with a few i saved from the last grow that looked worthy of keeping ,,...
last season was a disaster due to lack of seed , and specially the right seed for the occasion and climate i need to grow them in ...
fingers and toes are crossed that i made the right choices , but im pretty confident they will work out well ....

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I wonder how well black plastic would work, I've used it in my vegetable garden for years and it seems to preserve ground moisture and block out weeds.

G

Hey waaoooooo a new thread!!

Give it hell WALLY your right about hard work man...
my back is hardly worth anything now,but i have the mula
to sit and rest..........
Lets see you do something BIG my good man!!

Just made seeds of your pineapple C99 into the F6's..........
Also made a cross or 2 with a Leda uno that is fast and lemony!!!

So good luck this time round buddy,and do it yourself partners are toubles?

When is your season ending,if your starting now again??? :redface:

Last edited:

tokinjoe

Hold on a second Wally! No Ducksfoot bro?? Cmon man, that's like Superman in the outfit without the "S". Say it ain't so......

G

guest123

Deft said:
I wonder how well black plastic would work, I've used it in my vegetable garden for years and it seems to preserve ground moisture and block out weeds.
black plastic is a bit of a no no deft ,, cause it smothers the soil and wont let it breath properly ,, does bad in the end .... that weed mat is the go for what u are thinking ..
i have used burlap many times , and its really good too because it breaks down easily ....

G

guest123

Lougrew! said:
Hey waaoooooo a new thread!!

Give it hell WALLY your right about hard work man...
my back is hardly worth anything now,but i have the mula
to sit and rest..........
Lets see you do something BIG my good man!!

Just made seeds of your pineapple C99 into the F6's..........
Also made a cross or 2 with a Leda uno that is fast and lemony!!!

So good luck this time round buddy,and do it yourself partners are toubles?

When is your season ending,if your starting now again??? :redface:

hey lou , yep h ard work is right ,, got up in the night to go to the toilet , and could barely move my body , hahaha ,, thats when u know u have done a good days work ...
ive actually downsized the place , figure i dont need it all just to support me , but there will still be mm around 500 odd females at the end id say ...

ohh howd u like the pineapple cindy ??? bloody lovely flavour that lady , nice plants to grow for sure ... yes i have some 6th generation , and ill be growing as many as i can this season ,,, is the favourite of the guys i know ...

Yep ive never had much luck with parteners in any kinda business ,, destined to work alone ,, but its ok ,, i quite like it ...

so yes im starting again now ,, and prolly finish this time next year , there s still a few sativas growing out there actually .. no rest for the wicked lou , u should know that , heheh ..

G

guest123

tokinjoe said:
Hold on a second Wally! No Ducksfoot bro?? Cmon man, that's like Superman in the outfit without the "S". Say it ain't so......

hahaha agreed there joe ,, and yep i am making a few duck seeds to grow out there ,, the dry isnt really their time , but ill see how they go ,, still looking for the stinking ones i used to grow ,, are alluding me at the moment .. ill find em ,,, hehe

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
NICE wally :yes: ill be following the thread for sure!

PS.: are you planning to cover the soil with printed newspapers? Honestly i would be afraid of the ink (lead) and other chemicals that could be carried trough the water and maybe they could get sucked up by the roots..

Last edited:
G

guest123

WAMEN said:
NICE wally :yes: ill be following the thread for sure!

PS.: are you planning to cover the soil with printed newspapers? Honestly i would be afraid of the ink (lead) and other chemicals that could be carried trough the water and maybe they could get sucked up by the roots..

hey wamen good to see u along for the journey ...

yep printed newspaper is fine in the garden , doubt theres enough ink to worry about , and the worms just love the stuff ... a lot of folks use it in gardening to cut down the weed growth and add organic matter to the soil for the worms .. i havent heard any negative reports about it ....

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
cool .. hehe i trust you..so now im considering it :chin: actually it sounds useful :chin:

:wave:

G

guest123

ohh yes it sure is wamen ,, everyone has newspaper around ,, its a good way to recycle it aswell ,, and it keeps moisture in the ground well ,, wait till u see the handfulls of worms it can attract ..

G

guest123

i havent updated here in a while ,, just been digging trenches and lugging fertaliser to the grow site ...
there has been a few plants finishing while ive been preparing ,, heres a couple of shots ...

G

guest123

hey crom ,, thanks man , well since its just u and me ill pop up a few more for ya ..

Last edited:
G

im here WALLY!!!!!

Yah bro its slow here or som'm lately???
GREAT PLANTS buddy full of bud sites haha!!
THe one redish girl looks like some exotics......
Man hauling stuff to a guarrilla site must be tuff! :puppydoge
but with BIG HUGE PLANTS the pay off is good hehe.. :redface:

GLad ya got this thread going again WALLY!
Can i pop your sweet smelling pineapple bud pic here...

My bud got a bit discolored do to the sun and leaving it to long growing?
SHure didnt bother the trichomes and final smoke hahahahaha feuwwww!!!
SHe will get you going after smoking thats for shure..... :headbange

Last edited:
G

guest123

hahahaha , thanks lou and cdc ....
the purply sativa is most likely of thai origin , i guess an aussie/thai plant ... lol ...
at a distance when i first saw it , i thought it was dead and dried ...
has a great smell ,, ill let u know how she tokes up ...

thanks for the pics lou , looks a nice colour , no green taste there id say .. should cure up a treat ....

Latest posts

Latest posts