What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Growing

Chaman

thanks for the kindness Highlighter, indeed doing my best. Kids are growing up great, in more than one way I can understand some of the reasons she left me, changes are ruff at first...but most change is for the best.

Bro...promise if my roots ever die out before you that i'd be added to the list along with Dr Jay, MedJool, Mano Negra. Mis them dearly.

Red dirt warrior jejej love the name, specialy in out ring of fire dirt !!!!! jeje nice can't wait too see those Ace genetics. Love their work indeed.

I'm waiting on some my self jejejejjejee chill's !!! jjejeje all goes well I should be looking at the first buds by new yrs ;) these I got now I hope by xmas

I got a new toy too...jejeje friend lent me his grow machine. (you got to say grow machine like if you was Cheech Martin) jeje once side veg (mother and clone about 150 wat cool white monster florrocente the machine is all white and has the digitial timer, co2 injection, controls pumps and hydro cyles, jejejeje its fucking bad ass !! then the flower side is 400 hps/mh can switch bulbs appears, and has many 24" floro tubs to put under the plants a hug resivour, pumps, and everything. Pretty cool ass grow machine, and has many extractors and intakes, realy well made...i'd make a few changes but still kicks ass...this too help me during the extreme wet seasons and too...well makre more room for vegetables and stuff in the greenhouse and little less MJ jejeje need the kids too see more than just MJ in there and lately cops have been having a great time busting small time personal grows so pesky nieghbor won't see as much if he climbs on the roof like he does a few times a yr. Got alot of tomatoo plants in there mixed in for now, want too get Chile habaneros, bell's and some Jalapeños and some Mint, and rosemary and other great smelling plants...right now even though the ladies are young jejeje it already smells delicious.

Blessings,
Cool & Calm
Chaman

Chaman

these will be here soon....dude, CHILLS jejeje haven't been blessed with genetics in a while, the gentleman who sent them I respect very much and enjoy conversating with very much so I plan too keep a close track on thier growth and detials. Very happy, can't express my gratitude more !

panama, nepal jam, malawi, golden tiger, nepal haze y green haze thai

All Ive had to play with have been Colombians that I had to restart on my f2 generation in line, still got P1's of that same line...got one now reaching soon the 4 foot mark, shes looking very much like a She and I was thinking about starting some F2's if I'm lucky to get a male and crossback....but not sure if F2's are too soon, they all look very very homogenius !! so was think'n why not jejejeje I've also got crosses made with the F1's and F2's with Jamaican's more comercial style plant but has mold problems...I cross my fingers that the Panama will be like my Colombian Red !!!! I need that genetics bad !!! jeje a fast small pure sativa that seems almost like growin in high alitudes or in dryier areas, very mold resistent and heavyier chocolate taste....ejejej mouth waters already. But I'm pretty sure in the past these Panama's where more like a Colombian Gold x Red, like an intermediate hybird, stilll......jejej AWESOME, and too think I can dig around in there and maybe back cross to one thats more Red the Gold...jejej sooo much to look forward too, then the hazes' !! jejeje love them too...machete is going too need too get sharpend agian, jejej few yrs back I had too chope my way into the green house several times. Just masive growing and huge potential, lots of vigor jejeje and they doo feel very much at home here in the tropics. jejejejje feel like a dude about too go on a nationa geografic expedition into the genetic world agian....ever since about 2005 or 2006 when I lost all my seed stalk and had too start over various times dude to ups and downs in life...I finaly feel this excitement agian, as bad as this may sound...I love my kids, I loved my ex...but I'd be damn'd if I ever stoped growing my herbs. If I could go somewhere and make a life out of what I love most....this would be the day my dreams come true.

Cool & Calm
Chaman

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I was ever to buy seeds again, it would be that Panama! :D

I was lucky to make a new friend here this yr. He sent me 3 vials of Columbian Punto Rojo pollen. This is the stud Cannabiogen used in their 'Punto Rosa'.
I used it on several Apollo plants, as well as a Haze mix. Last vial will be pulled from the freezer and used on my 2 Highland Mexican x Blueberry's (Chimera) I have going.
Should be hitting them up in around 10 days, check it out here:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5327687#post5327687

Best, HL :tiphat:

Chaman

Highlighter, dude !!! that sounds soo awesome, love the ideas for the crosses. NIce jejeje

Dude....so I got home the other day, dogs knocked down one of my pots and layed on my plants, if that wasn't enough to really piss me off and get me down, i'm running out and these ladies are almost 2 and a half months...those are looking better now a few days latter, but for some godforsaken reason they also chewed the stem of my P1 waht looked to be female colombian. ARGH!!! I cloned the fuck out of every branch I could then also put the rest of the top in dirt too hope it roots soon also....sure if all goes well I'll have like 8 clones and the bottom might revege, and the top hopefully will root...but dude I was almost thats last of my patients...just think'n open the gate take the dogs out, come back in and lock them out....find a new home bitches !!! jejeje fucking with my plants is one of the only things that just totaly pisses me off and leaves me feeling useless...can't do crap to the dogs now, and all I can do is try and save what I can....wait and start over if not, but when your running out of smoke...and plants are still looking young, any draw back is going tooo really mess with you. closed all the fences now and hope they can no longer get into my greenhouse anymore. Fingers crosses taht the clones take, and that everything comes back to life...they where very vigorous and in growth so most should be fine....if they had been in flower the rejuvination would or even rooting would be hard due to the stress of flowering and no energy is concentrated on growing, so it was a good time to do what they did at least, not all is lost yet. jejej the tip of the colombian looked today and where talk'n at least 5 to 6 nodes jjee about a 2 foot top half of the plant. Little branches are looking better today too...but only the secound day in cups with moist soil and keeping them in the shade (indirect light) plan to water often this week and as they take root gently bring them back into the sun.

Blessings,
Cool & Calm
Chaman

B

bajangreen

HI Chaman my tropical brother! I am at 10*N in the tropical sun.

I am pulling up a seat i will be watching your tread and asking lots of questions hope you don't mind.

Chaman

Bajan green, sounds great thanks for taking the time to check us out here.
By all means questions are always welcome too. If I can't answer i'm sure one of the other awesome growers we've got here would give a hand, besides your questions might be the same others have as well.

My clones are all looking great so far, not doing any victory dances yet jejeje but optimistic indeed. I just hope after all this none stress and go hermie....Other plants i've been snaping and bending are almost standing up agian, all have gotten some branching going so pretty happy. Some ladies look like they might be ready for xmas ;) will be starting another round of seeds very soon, these of which i'm very excited about !!! jejejee can't wait.

Cool & Calm
Chaman

B

bajangreen

Hey Chaman are you the GREEN CHAMAN from overgrow.com? with the really nice guides?

I run 5gall buckets out side i want to do indica cuttings and put them out side i heard you mentioned you were thinking of doing the same thing, it makes since doesn't it? those indica finish so fast and to have something different from the rest is always a good thing. How did this work out for you my brother? how much veg time do you think i have to give them before putting them out side to make it worth my time (in a 5 gall pot)?

Good vibes to you my brother.

Chaman

Tired of the stress of smoking press!!
I looked online, but didn't have a dime...
But holy shit, this is it !!
I found Overgrow and learned to grow my own.

... I didn't have the best of seed.
All I had was Colombian weed.

In love with my plants, I'd visit often and kill all the ants.
Soon came along Adhids and Spider Mite... I didn't want too loose the fight.
But I was lucky they all are a Laddy Bugs delight !!

Back in the day, out doors was the best way.
Untill I buitly my first greenhouse and got them out of the way !!

I played with Colombians to my sweet reggae sound,
This is what I found, that three different genetics came out of the ground !!

Shortly after came along the Jamican.
This leaf is different and the nodes are more distant !
She smelled sweet, but gave the bugs more to eat.
Her flower was faster, but the mold is a desaster !!

jejejejee not finished yet...made this up this morning, kinda a look back on my happier days.
Blessings !! Happy new year.

Aleph

great rime

great rime

hola chaman, aqui en la lucha, he intentado varias geneticas y donde vivo es demasiado frio, solo algunas han prosperado, las malawi gold no crecieron nada, a las indicas les va mucho mejor pero empiezan a florear muy pequeñas, ahora tengo un luz 24 horas y una hembra white russian que huele increible y se devolvio a vegetativa, otra hembra de "creepy" sin nombre pero increiblemente fuerte la genetica y muy indica, y un macho de calidad sin determinar pero muy resistente y voy a empezar a mezclar a lo indio a ver cual se adapta mejor a las condiciones tan adversas, voy a subir fotos el lunes,
Saludes,:biggrin:

Chaman

BanjanGreen you mentioned you've got them under 24hrs right ? Are you planning to bring the lights down to 18, then bring them out a few days later or switch directly too outdoor 12hrs ?

You can, just a little stress do hope you put them in the shade thier first days out in the real world. Well I'd veg an indica prone plant (75% Indica or greater) here at least 2 months at the very least and hope too be pulling out a plant about 2, going on 3 feet tall with some branching. If all goes well, and its dry season she should min double in size too 4 to 5 feet tall. That could take a few months so I'd time it so that shes just starting to bud with the summer, and take advantage of the last humid days begining of dry season to pull them from inside ligths to out doors. Sun wouldn't harm them so much directly, high humidity would ensure higher numbers of females, strong winds prepare them. So for me this would be take them out late november so by Jan shes just starting with pop corn buds all over, Jan-Feb-March and hope too cut before April. This yr, shits gone crazy started too rian in march...molded my plants that where finishing, I'm pissed !!! jejeje hurts soo much la verdad. See the inside of your buds rotting, having to cut ahead of time, and fast dry'n in rolled news paper in your roof top agianst the metal roof. jejeje not what I had in mind. Thats in my exp. 5gal bucket should just take you through it you calculate 1 gall of dirt per each month of life of the plant, as too the same in 1 gall of soil to each foot tall of the plant. perfect for a plant just under 5ft and keep her a little root bound and just the right stress I feel. Do need too be very attentive of the watering.

Huligan, gracias !Espero que hayas tenido buenas fiestas.

Grey Skull, kind of you to have stop'd by. Blessings.

Aleph,
Gracias. Tus geneticas que mencionas me parecen genial. Lastima lo de las Malawi, estas superior o infereior de los 40* paralelos ? En ese caso mientras mantengas las raices caliente estas bien. Se puede ser !! Venden alfombras calientes para viveros, y alo mas barato jeje o bueno parecido final de cuentas pero mas facil de conseguir mejor dicho sera, son las piedras falsas que venden para reptiles en cautivero. Son piedras artificiales de resistencia muy baja, mantienen a los repitles caliente dentro de las peceras, etc.

Yo estoy con problemas de moho con las Malawi, pues africa en esa zona seguro es mucho mas seco al mio. Las Golden Tiger muy lindas aun !!

Cruzar a lo Indio jejeje ese estuvo bueno, pues creo que en verdad es triste no saber que es que, pero si tendras una buena mezcla de joyas !!! Podrias polinizar solo ciertas ramas y nombrar cada una, asi tendras mayor datos y aun podrias tener bastante capullo para fumar sin tener que estar des cocando como lo decimos aca. Eso hecho yo, hice varios curces y controlados.

Carchofa.
Thanks very kind of you to have stop'd by and take'n the time to post. Blessings, if any questions about sativas let us know.

B

bajangreen

Hi Chaman long time no hear how are you and your plants?

Right now i have 1 purple #1 female under lights @ 13/11 hoping she will reveg. But i must look into this indoor growing more deeply. Would love to just work with only cuttings right now i am able to get in 5 waves of plants per season with cuts i should get up to 7 waves,

I really cant plant in the dry season as this is gorilla and rain fed for the most. I got lucky this time and they were finishing when the dry season was starting. (Late feb)

Here are some pics of my genetics.

Attachments

• 927 (5).jpg
    927 (5).jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Photo0141.jpg
    Photo0141.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-20121206-00089.jpg
    IMG-20121206-00089.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-20121223-00230.jpg
    IMG-20121223-00230.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-20130217-00501.jpg
    IMG-20130217-00501.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 34

Chaman

Banjan, Nice !! jeje see you've got alot on it's way. Rian fed, guerrillera jungle growing in good old fasion red dirt jejeje got to love it man.

Ok, have you thought about making water resivour ? can keep a big contianer up in a tree, and drip feep plants, or burry one and manuel pump it out to plants, still many options.

Genetics thought i'd stay with strickly sativas and if you could find hybirds that might be 75% sativas, mean alot of work and time with indicas only too get them to look really nice and suffer mold when in flower stinks. But the working with clones is alot easier once you start to get the hang of it, be patient and observe your plants.

Mother plants can put alot of clones out if has decent amount of watt's x square foot. Minimum 40watts per square foot if I remember was to flower, to keep in veg i'd prob stay around 30watts as a very minimum. Plenty of air circulation, and switch the mother out with a clone every few months and flower the older root bound mother and start a new one with a fresh clone to prevent the more stressfull "bonsai tree" root therapy on keeping mothers for a really long time...the clone you take and start as the new mom will all have the same age and still be an exact copy, just more vigorous and it's not soo root bound, the old mother with all the cuts taken would have many flower points too start from and give a nice bush indeed too. Thats my opion, keep them with plenty of worm castings. Can take clones on branches as small as 3inches, I perfer about 5 to 6 inches but thats just me.

Have you notices that when you grow plants too close to each other you don't get much branching, its mostly long cola tops. If you spread them out they branch a little more and give better yield, or bend them now and then also helps to promote more branches.

Randy !!! hey bro, need too go back to that email for the link to your page about Loaders Bangladesh. Haven't forgoten just make'n my rounds jejee try'n too get back into the hang of things around here.

Blessings,
Cool & Calm
Chaman

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Well it's good to see you back again.
This thread has come back to life.
Happy Tropical Growing everybody, I only wish I could say I was one of you.
I'm jealous. Irie vibes!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chaman bro, good to see you posting! Hope you're able to be growing. You ever want to try out those PR crosses mentioned above, let me know.
Good vibes! :) HL