What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Caribbean Island Outdoor Growing! J0SH1 09 Grow

J0sh1

Veteran
These are all grown near the coastline. Nice sea breeze. Its been a rainy down here but it always rain's year round here! The sun has been blasting the island! The soil is rocky but the plants love it! Here are a few snaps I want to share with everyone. These plants are F-1 of my first cross ever. These plants are more acclimatized to the local conditions.

Planted 8 seeds... Only 7 survived. All have been sexed only one male! Ripped him before he could do any damage

Different view of the plants. These pictures 1, 2 and 3 where taken about 3 weeks ago

Biggest plant of the whole group. Latest to show sex..

Man those big fan leaves look awesome!!

This is what the magic garden looks like today! I enjoy spending long time just watching healthy outdoor cannabis plants!

Biggest plant of the bunch! She is taking all the space! Dominant plant!

I will keep posting more pics as the season passes on! :joint:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
hello man, very nice :)

one question though: you say nice sea breeze is good for them? watch out for too much salt accumulating on the plant and the soil.
how far from the coastline r u really? is the breeze that hits them loaded with salt or not?

S

shushslo

Like it was told...this are very nice and healthy looking plants J.Respect!

J0sh1

Veteran
Hello again everyone. Thanks for all the comments on the plants, they are appreciated. They are budding, a couple of the shots show the flower development achieved so far. Im about 2 miles from the coast. The air is not heavily charged with salt as far as I can notice, but the quality of the air is real good. I spray the plants with distilled water every morning if natural rain hasn't hit the island.

This one is starting to show her flowers. She smells great, very earthy-outdoorsy.

Starting to fill up. I can tell this cola is going to be good.

Single Plant Full Shots

This plant grew shorter than the rest.
Still good flower production on her.

Plant with long shoots coming out of her nodes.
The shoots have elongated more from the bottom up.
Has multiple flowering points all along and is developing nicely.

Best plant in my eyes.
She is the one producing the most flowers in multiple places.
She is very lush and I can tell the cola is going to be huge

Biggest plant of the bunch.
This plant overpowered her 2 sisters who are planted close.
She is huge, with very big fan leaves.
It makes me worry that she hasn't shown sex yet.
These plants are related, all seeds extracted from the same mother.
All of her sisters are already flowering.
Wonder whats up with that..
It would be a shame if it turned out to be a late flowering male.

The big plant, you can see in front of it how she
has dwarfed the sister.
Still she is doing great, she bended towards more intense light
and is growing fine!

Lot's of diversity in these plants! They are related! Good example of Hybrid Vigour!! I enjoy watching the little details that make nature great!

Plants look the best when they are being kissed by the sun.

Group Shot of all the plants

Another group shot

The big plant, getting a sun tan!

Not so dense plant next to her very dense sister. Its amazing the variations.

Organic Pest Control. Crested Anole keeping the insect population in check. Lots of these and other reptiles hang around the plants.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Nice garden, and with a lovely Crested Anole to keep guard :)

What is the F1 cross you have Mr/Ms nirvana supporter ?

I have a Swazi of theirs [again...] that laugh at rain and would probably love it there

E

elmanito

I also want to know what sort of genetics you've used for your F1-cross.Your plants are looking great.Sativa dominant as i can see.Mmmm, love sativa's :D

Namaste :canabis:

AndreNicky

Awesome grow josh! i live in the same weather conditions as you, lots of intense sun and plenty of rain. Do you generally find the plants can handle all the rain? keep up the good work!

[m8]

Veteran
a10.JPG
[/url]

gr8 pic!!!

J0sh1

Veteran
My brother in law was born and raised in Santander, Columbia. He is also a cannabis enthusiast and sent me some seeds of a herb the local's call mangobishe. I grew this seeds and the marijuana was incredible, better than seeds I have bought from good breeders. I took a male of this herb and crossed it with a very tasty and mid-high potent Hawaiian Maui Waui from Nirvana. The product of is what you see in the pictures. The variation is amazing. I found that the columbian seeds sent to me where very uniform in growth paterns and expressed phenotype.

I live in a place where we have an annual precipitation of 98 inches. It rains a lot. In my experience as long as the episodes of rainfall are followed by clear intense sun the plants can handle it. Actually the plants love it, I can always notice the growth after heavy periods of rain followed by good intense sun, its amazing to observe.

I also would have liked give the plant more space, but i grew them close together to give the impresion of just one random bush opposed to individual plants spaced apart. I don't know, just paranoia I guess, still i find that the plants adapt nicely. I planted 4 more plants today making a nice total of 10 plants. Will post more pics as i will keep planting these summer, hope to hit the target goal of about 25 female plants.

Will keep updating =)

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
very nice J0sh1, good to hear they are safe from the salt.

mangobiche is the bomb indeed, you are very lucky to have those nice genes :joint:
and the cross you made sounds delicious too, cannot wait to see them ladies in full flower.

much peace!

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Beautiful grow, thanks for showing it off!
Wish I had pics from my last grow in the Virgin Islands, but that was a while ago. Like 29 years ago...really!
Best of luck to you and hope you harvest well!

J0sh1

Veteran
The Virgin Islands are awesome. I have sailed through them. Been to St. Thomas, St. John's. Spent New Year's at Foxy's in Jost Van Dyke, where the locals sell psychedelic mushrooms in tables at the street. The best snorkling in the world is at Norman Island's which is said to be the inspiration for Treasure Island. Have sailed as far as Virgin Gorda. The climate of the Virgin Islands is the same as where I am at, so Payaso you know how much cannabis plants love this climate.

Also just today the Big plant started to show her female preflowers. She is a confirmed female and I am so relieved. With this grow I was lucky out of 7 plants only 1 turned out to be male. The odds where in my favor this time.

Latest posts

Latest posts