What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Triple stacked 3K automatic

ganjourno

Everything has been going like clockwork. The system is fully dialed at this point, so all I do is plant management: taking care of my moms, cutting clones on time, and training in the flower room. I cannot recommend the fertilizer dosers enough! Not needing to manage a rez is worth its weight in gold. Easily pays for itself if you have at least ~1500W. After doing a fan leaf thinning and canopy session on day ~18 of flower, I can literally leave this room alone for three weeks with no worries. This past run, I went on an 18 day vacation out of the country, and everything was peachy when I got back. Here is the simple recipe for a safe and self supporting indoor garden:

- In-line fertilizer dosers. These completely erase the need for a res. You hook them up to a sprinkler timer and connect directly to your water supply, they mix the fertilizer inline directly from a bottle of nutes. I switched to soil and now I just use a one-part nutrient (botanicare CNS), so only one doser is needed. Additional pH control is not needed, especially with soil.

- Automatic drainage. I use a Little Giant condensate pump to funnel my runoff into a drain. You may need more than one to have the right capacity for your garden. My single pump just keeps up with my 3KW garden. It of course depends on your irrigation

- Don't mess with hydro. I started in Rockwool, then went back to coco, then back to soil. Soil results are my best ever and plants super healthy. Best flavor too. Can't beat the inherent microbiological buffers in a good bag of soil IMO.

- A garden area that is easy to keep clean. A clean garden means you don't need to worry about bugs, mildew, or PM. Likewise, a space that is easy to clean will be far quicker to recover if you do have an issue.

- Adequate AC and dehumidifcation. This keeps your climate under control and ensures that you will not have PM issues.

- Telemetry. I use a NetAtmo Weatherstation to keep tabs on my garden remotely. With an app on my phone I can instantly read my temp, humidity, and CO2 levels. This is crucial to being able to leave the garden unattended for up to weeks at a time. Peace of mind at a glance, and useful tracking over time to see areas to improve. Is your AC keeping up? Is your dehumidifer keeping up? Are your CO2 levels on the money? This kit will keep it clear.

- Failsafes. I have a high temperature shutoff that cuts all power if the temp goes above 90. I also have backup pumps everywhere in case on fails, to avoid a leak.

Based on these techniques, I have gotten my workload down to less than 24 hours per cycle. I do the following things each run, and this is all I do:
- Clean the room, put in new soil, change to new bulbs, transplant teens: ~6 hours
- Top plants twice: ~1 hour total
- Lollipop and clean up some suckers at the back before flipping: ~1 hour
- Train through my vert screens during first 18 days of flip: ~2 hours total
- Defoliation and plant training session at day 21 of flower: ~3 hours
- 2nd defoliation and training at day 40: ~3 hours
- Harvest: ~6 hours

I switched strains to Do-Si-Do. Smaller, tighter buds than the GG, but overall yield is the same and quality is better. The tight nugs of the Dosi and the longer internodal space works well for the vertical garden -- it's easy to get light to the rear of the canopy, and keep the density under control. This last run has been the best ever from this room stellar quality. It's drying up now:

S21ydtv.jpg

T2d7AIM.jpg

0AoZPZb.jpg

1aVyehx.jpg

lvVrXNF.jpg

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Everything has been going like clockwork. The system is fully dialed at this point, so all I do is plant management: taking care of my moms, cutting clones on time, and training in the flower room. I cannot recommend the fertilizer dosers enough! Not needing to manage a rez is worth its weight in gold. Easily pays for itself if you have at least ~1500W. After doing a fan leaf thinning and canopy session on day ~18 of flower, I can literally leave this room alone for three weeks with no worries. This past run, I went on an 18 day vacation out of the country, and everything was peachy when I got back. Here is the simple recipe for a safe and self supporting indoor garden:

- In-line fertilizer dosers. These completely erase the need for a res. You hook them up to a sprinkler timer and connect directly to your water supply, they mix the fertilizer inline directly from a bottle of nutes. I switched to soil and now I just use a one-part nutrient (botanicare CNS), so only one doser is needed. Additional pH control is not needed, especially with soil.

- Automatic drainage. I use a Little Giant condensate pump to funnel my runoff into a drain. You may need more than one to have the right capacity for your garden. My single pump just keeps up with my 3KW garden. It of course depends on your irrigation

- Don't mess with hydro. I started in Rockwool, then went back to coco, then back to soil. Soil results are my best ever and plants super healthy. Best flavor too. Can't beat the inherent microbiological buffers in a good bag of soil IMO.

- A garden area that is easy to keep clean. A clean garden means you don't need to worry about bugs, mildew, or PM. Likewise, a space that is easy to clean will be far quicker to recover if you do have an issue.

- Adequate AC and dehumidifcation. This keeps your climate under control and ensures that you will not have PM issues.

- Telemetry. I use a NetAtmo Weatherstation to keep tabs on my garden remotely. With an app on my phone I can instantly read my temp, humidity, and CO2 levels. This is crucial to being able to leave the garden unattended for up to weeks at a time. Peace of mind at a glance, and useful tracking over time to see areas to improve. Is your AC keeping up? Is your dehumidifer keeping up? Are your CO2 levels on the money? This kit will keep it clear.

- Failsafes. I have a high temperature shutoff that cuts all power if the temp goes above 90. I also have backup pumps everywhere in case on fails, to avoid a leak.

Based on these techniques, I have gotten my workload down to less than 24 hours per cycle. I do the following things each run, and this is all I do:
- Clean the room, put in new soil, change to new bulbs, transplant teens: ~6 hours
- Top plants twice: ~1 hour total
- Lollipop and clean up some suckers at the back before flipping: ~1 hour
- Train through my vert screens during first 18 days of flip: ~2 hours total
- Defoliation and plant training session at day 21 of flower: ~3 hours
- 2nd defoliation and training at day 40: ~3 hours
- Harvest: ~6 hours

I switched strains to Do-Si-Do. Smaller, tighter buds than the GG, but overall yield is the same and quality is better. The tight nugs of the Dosi and the longer internodal space works well for the vertical garden -- it's easy to get light to the rear of the canopy, and keep the density under control. This last run has been the best ever from this room stellar quality. It's drying up now:

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

Solid work! Good to see this thread updated again :yes: Keep up the good work!

audiohi

Veteran
I was curious about your dosers also.

Mostly, I was wondering about line pressure after the ro filter. It's still enough for the dosers without an additional boost?

I really want to implement dosers. You seem to have it down perfectly.

Excellent run by the way!

Mr. Miyagi

definitely impressed!

also surprised to see that you like another strain above the gg, esp since everyone is raving that it's the best thing to happen to the mj world.

good show Ganj, good show!

Relentless

Veteran
Nice thread! Not sure how missed it! Makes me wish I didn't give up on vertical lighting. I liked running stacked bulbs but never really dialed it in.

ganjourno

Last run of the Dosido was a little bit light -- flipped a few days too early and there was some empty space in the canopy. The GG was nice for sure, but the medical market is super saturated in my region and it wasn't getting anyone excited. The Dosido has those nice purple hues and is more rare/desirable. I also prefer the nose as it has a lot of the OG funk - similar to Gelato - the GG was kinda of generic on the nose. Dosido is pretty strong to the indica side though, as a personal smoke I prefer the GG due to the diesel influence. Dosi has the long internodes like the GSC so going to need to pack it in pretty tight to keep yields in range.

Dosers: minidos 12-1% sku:120895

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
definitely impressed!

also surprised to see that you like another strain above the gg, esp since everyone is raving that it's the best thing to happen to the mj world.

Nice try, but nope......

Last run of the Dosido was a little bit Dosido is pretty strong to the indica side though, as a personal smoke I prefer the GG due to the diesel influence. Dosi has the long internodes like the GSC so going to need to pack it in pretty tight to keep yields in range.

Mr. Miyagi - When the Glue was released to the masses, it was the best thing to happen to the MJ world. Why all the hate?

Mr. Miyagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
definitely impressed!

Nice try, but nope......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganjourno
Last run of the Dosido was a little bit Dosido is pretty strong to the indica side though, as a personal smoke I prefer the GG due to the diesel influence. Dosi has the long internodes like the GSC so going to need to pack it in pretty tight to keep yields in range.

Mr. Miyagi - When the Glue was released to the masses, it was the best thing to happen to the MJ world. Why all the hate?
Say what?

How is my post even remotely considered hate? It was a simple observation... I've never once even remotely said anything negative about Gorilla Glue, Joesy, or you, or anyone else for that matter... but I'm hating? LOL You can't be serious...

And for the record, Ganjourno was the one who said he preferred the Dosido over the GG, I simply commented on it, because it was the first time I've seen someone say they preferred another over the GG... you feeling some type of way about that?

Instead of assuming, and deciding to go out of your way to insult someone, maybe you should take the time to thoroughly read comments and I dunno, maybe ASK me to clarify my statement or if you really felt that kinda way about it, you could've PM'd me... smh

It is what it is...:dunno::tiphat:

ganjourno

No strain elitism from this cultivator. I like a lot of things for different reasons - there is no perfect strain IMO. And providing to the medical market, there will always be the economic market realities to contend with. It could be some killer shit, but if the market is flooded, it's unlikely that it makes it onto the shelf for a long while, and that certainly doesn't help keep the lights on.

Good thing there are so many strains to choose from!

Problems with GG (in my experience with a few runs of it under my belt)
- fairly generic nose
- tendency to foxtail heavily
- Grows taller than I would like
- little interest from medical market in my area due to oversupply

Problems with Dosido (after 2 complete runs)
- yields are lower than average
- long internode spaces during flower (like true GSC)
- slow vegging (like true GSC)
- branches like to cluster (not an issue with my screen training)
- more indica leaning than I personally like

ganjourno

May be the best Dosi run yet - very good density compared to last time. Flipped it just right this time and also kept the humidity a bit higher to keep VPD in sweet spot. Day 35.
nStdb7R.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts