What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trinity (as described by Jason King in The Cannabible Vol. #1)

I'm looking for any information pertaining to this strain, be it mythical in origin or factual. I live in Oregon, Eugene to be precise and there is a particular pheno I'm interested in that used to be mass produced somewhere in this area. In the late 90's and early 00's we used to get a lot of this flower around town. As described in the Cannabibble vol. #1 by Jason King it reeked of skunk. The terpene profile was so strong on this stuff it didn't really matter how well it was sealed, it would stink up entire rooms. Another thing I remember about the flowers we used to get was how much sugar leaf was on the buds. No matter for us as we'd smoke it just the same as if it were flowers. It was absolutely loaded with resin. Perhaps the high oil content combined with the leafiness was the reason for why it was so often not cured completely. Many of the samples we got were moist and fluffy (just as described by Jason in the cannabible) suggesting that production was occurring somewhere in the near vicinity of Eugene. However if one took the extra 7-14 days it usually took to dry the flowers they took on an unbelievable tackiness. Buds would stick the the bag and you'd have to literally peel them off. The flowers were so fluffy that an 1/8 could fill a bag the same way a half ounce of most nugs would. 1/8 ounces were huge. (yeah, this was back in the day when people bought and sold 1/8's)

The high was also unique. It was full balanced with almost equal parts head and body, but the stuff was strong. Like warm and fuzzy vibrating legs strong. Real dreamy stuff.

I'm not expecting to acquire a cut through my enquiries here. I'm mostly just curious to see if there's anyone else out there who can remember this particular pheno and if anyone know's anything about it or what happened to it. It's almost unmistakeable based on how leafy it was, and how much it reeked of skunk. It was also a light lime green color with no purpling or red. I don't like the thought of losing something that so many people enjoyed for such a period of time. If someone decided to yank the cut off the market and hoard the gene sequence that's something I could live with and understand. However if we've lost this strain due to logistics it'd be a little disheartening. I suspect the former is most likely the case. I ass u me it has been selected for someone's breeding program and the plant was lost to the public. Perhaps it was just too leafy for a commercial strain. And maybe just too stinky for mass production during it's time.

What continues to baffle me however is how few people have actual answers to the enquires of this strain. It's taken on a mythical form and I'm just waiting for someone to come out of the woodworks like some kind of unicorn with answers to what this strain was and where it went.

Shit....I'd be happy with just a bowl of it or a picture to confirm it's still alive and kicking.
Peace.

Almost everyone I've spoken with in my area either know's someone who has a cut or someone who know's someone who has a cut. However I've spent the last 7+ years investigating claims of people who have the cut or can get flowers and none of them had what I'd consider authentic Trinity as I remember it. There are also dozens of crosses that claim to have used Trinity but no one has the cut...it's oddly confusing. Any pictures would be awesome.

Is it possible the strain you are remembering is something other than Trinity?
Yes, it absolutely is possible and highly likely. What I suspect may have been the case is that it was perhaps a pheno of Sour Diesel or something similar (whatever was popular in seed form during those years) that someone rebranded as Trinity to better suit themselves. As far as I know the Trinity in question that I a looking for is only available in clone form. (Most likely because it was a pheno of something else rebranded) However, it was produced in such a quantity and for such a time in my area that I would think there would still be a few people who know it by the name Trinity and who can provide details of it's history and linage. Jason King entered it in the Cannabible as Trinity, so there is that. Someone had to have given it to him with the name Trinity. And that person must of been associated to a crew of producers to some degree. It's just baffling how this strain and it's history has become legend in the manner that it has. The only other strain I know of with this kind of controversy and mythical background is Dj's Blueberry. We saw similar things happen surrounding that strain before Old World Genetics was established.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
There is no mystery surrounding DJ's blueberry. He has spoken on the subject many times.

Good luck in your search!

I just meant I'm seeing a similar phenomenon in my area surrounding the Trinity where everyone claims to have the real thing but is also very elusive. Thank you.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
Motarebel said: ↑
I have an unconfirmed Trinity clone that i just started working with,very branchy and stinky gal so far. I've never seen pics of Trinity so i have nothing to go on besides being skunky,she's very skunky at an early age.

From another forum above. I asked what ever came of it but never got a reply :kitty:

lol...yeah, I've never actually seen a picture of her either. Never even seen her growing. Not sure how I figured I would identify her from photograph. I just assume the pheno I'm curious about would be really leafy and resinous. Probably very light green and reek of skunk. I guess I was trying to goad someone, anyone who may have info into sharing it, probably not the best approach on my behalf. We're already so paranoid as stoners we don't need any extra prodding from inquiries like mine. ;) I'll go look for that other thread you yanked that comment from, thanks.

BennyECG

Trinity.🤙

Trinity.🤙

IMG_20180709_173843_653.jpg

Burt

Veteran
The trinity clone is not what your looking for. The trinity is a very speedy sativa smoke of the highest caliber and the flowers resemble small marble sized nuggies.
I’m glad I got to try a true elite like her, even if it was only once.
It’s up there with real lambsbreath, Durban poison and purple haze for potency and sativa effects.

Stellarpandaz

So someone recently gifted me around 50 seeds of Trinity (m) x Afgoo (f) my buddy thinks theyre 20 years old maybe more he also held Trinity (m) x Trinity (f)=F2? These all came from a very credible source breeder/grower for 40+years &there circle which were some of the 1st folks to run trinity dont know if its in relation to the trinitys here but time will tell waiting for the right time to pop them hopefully some keepers will be found..if anyone thinks they know about the trinity afgoo fill me in any info is welcome..
Peace..

LostTribe

Premium user
Friend had a buddy show up from Lawrence, KS about 15 years ago with cuts and work he was getting rid of. Partner ran an entire load of just the Trinity. Grew like an indica, big sparkly nuggets that just glistened. So much resin that it would coat the inside of the bag like my original C99. Reeked hardcore of super sweet skunk with a bit of fuel. Big tops with thick nuggets. Top Shelf. Took a while to veg though hard to get her to branch out wanted to grow straight poles.

Had super fat leaves like Trinzillas IG photo.

This would be one plant I would treasure for a lifetime.
LT

themfkngrinch

I moved to Eugene in April of 2000. Smoked Lambs breath keef friends had saved for me and they also had some bud called holy trinity. Light green, fluffy and staaaaank. To us it had an extremely strong Afghani flavor. Clones was available so we went to work. Got mothers going, cloned and about 4 weeks into flower before I had to head back home to help my grandma but my buddy kept cranking out the trins. Jason and any of y’all getting that less than cured was from the kids begging for it, shit was so good they paid my buddy 500 an ounce wet. No greed involved just constant harassment to sell it regardless of cure. He got kicked in I think 01 sometime by po and that should key to y’all’s timeline. I would do most anything for a cut of it

midwest

Trinity definitely was a real strain
Haven't seen it for about 20 years
Doubt it is still around

For what it's worth I remember the buds being non compact and fairly leafy