What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trimming my crop with the Twister Trimming Machine

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Awsome thread Humoldtlocal! I've been looking for a trimming machine.... now if only I can talk my farmer into spending 15k on that bad boy!

Wilshire

The trimmer seems like it would be a very good time conserving machine, but to me it seems like all the buds come out looking the same... All little balls. Maybe I'm just a sucker for a nice hand trimmed bud. Have you ever heard of the Samurai power trimmer? That's a really good machine.

Keep smokin' -Wilshire

H

humboldtlocal

The trimmer seems like it would be a very good time conserving machine, but to me it seems like all the buds come out looking the same... All little balls. Maybe I'm just a sucker for a nice hand trimmed bud. Have you ever heard of the Samurai power trimmer? That's a really good machine.

Keep smokin' -Wilshire

Do these look like little balls to you?

If you have read any of my past posts you would know that I owned a Samurai/Tumbleweed for the last year. It is an okay machine but the Twister is in another league. What I accomplish with one pass through the Twister would take two through the Samurai and still not look as good.
I talked to my friend from Trim Scene Solutions tonight and he said all of the Samurai vacuumes are blowing up. He has had three customers with blown vacs and Advanced Nutrients(the distributor) is doing a recall and sending him replacement vacs for all of the machines he has sold. They are going back to the green vacuume that I had on my machine. It was called Craftex. If you have one of the black vacs called GLD, call the shop you bought it from and have them get you a new vac. My buddy said they start blowing black smoke and it sounds like they may be a fire hazard. He said it has been awful dealing with Advanced Nutes and he is going to stop selling anything from them as soon as the Twister guys can meet his demand. I like their nutrients but they are a pain in the ass. I had my friend order me nutes from them and it would take over two weeks to get here and then when they show up they would have rush delivery stickers on the boxes so I guess they wait two weeks after your order to actually send them.
It is great news for him as a Twister dealer but he has already sold about a dozen Tumbleweed/Samurais and he said the customers that have them are bummed. If you do get one make sure it has the older green vac but if you have a choice the Twister is so much better it is ridiculous. This vacuum issue might be the thing that puts the Tumbleweed out of business altogether.

J

Jenn

Well I'm sorry Humboldtlocal but the photo of your garden didn't make it to the final cut for POTM. They told me the quality of the picture wasn't quite up to par, but if you can take a better more clear photo of your garden then I would gladly nominate it again for this month.

~ Jenn

H

humboldtlocal

Thanks Jenn. I will try to get a better shot but I can't really fit the whole garden in the frame. It was an honor just to be nominated and thanks again.

Old Stoner

Well I didn't plan on harvesting until next week at least, but after dealing with Rippers 3 times in the last 5 days has changed things considerably. First night it happened was right under my nose too as I stay in a small trailer in the middle of my garden at night. I also keep my dog with me too who is incredible at alerting me......neither of us heard anything. I figure I lost close to 20 lbs (after it was dried out) but I keep reminding myself that it could of been worse. I still have many plants that were left untouched. If it was only about the lost weed it would be easier but it was so much more than that for me. It honestly was.

I understand though that it's best to keep my thoughts relevant to humboldtlocals thread regarding the twister as well as respectful to his thread. I also understand it's best to start my own thread regarding my problem with this Ripper which I would like to do first chance I have. I would appreciate some input on the problem I'm dealing with from other growers here. My anger involves not only the thief himself but law enforcement has made the situation worse for me.

I only mentioned the problem because my enthusiasm for growing and processing my crop with this machine has diminished somewhat....... for the moment anyway. I also take considerable pride in producing quality as well as perfectly manicured marijuana for my patients and myself just like so many others do. It's difficult to harvest a plant that you no hasn't reached it's full potential, yet was so very close. The damage that the ripper inflicted though made it necessary to harvest some plants earlier than I had hoped. I've never been a quitter though and with many people depending on me for their medicine (all cancer patients dealing with chemotherapy) they no I am someone that they can count on to provide as best I can, and I plan on doing just that!!

Anyways, I have no experience what so ever with any kind of devise other than scissors for manicuring. Never heard of the process of "Bucking" either until humboltlocal explained it on this forum which led me to look for additional information. A complete newbie to the entire process for sure. I enjoy learning though and I took all the information I could get my hands on and read it over and over again repeatably since researching these machines before actually buying the Twister several weeks ago. Preparing the buds for processing in the machine involved the "learning curve" for me which I read should be expected. No doubt about it either, the machine I disliked the most, The Trimpro is looking real helpful, almost necessary for preparing the bud for processing in the machine.

I did get better with practice though even without the use of the Trimpro. It cheered me up considerably despite the problems I'm having at the moment to realize that this could very well be the best investment of my life. I'm thrifty by nature (cheap) and agree the cost is beyond insane but I knew I needed assistance with this crop.The very idea of hiring trimmers to assist me was something I needed to avoid if at all possible. I take the rules of security very seriously I assure you yet I'm still dealing with every growers worst nightmare at the moment. I try to live a peaceful exsistance and I'm not looking for problems like the ones I'm having at my age (65 years old.) But then again, I'm no quiter.

I'm just about to start round 2 with the Twister in order to process the remaining destruction of plants in my garden. The plants left untouched, for now anyway, will remain in the ground until ready as planned. The Twister has been everything I had hoped and prayed for and more. (If only it was big enough to process the thief responsible for ripping me off it would be worth it's weight in gold!)

I have no doubt I will become faster with the processing as I go here with a little more experience. No regrets here at all though......none, even as a Newbie who had no experience with these machines. Now humboldtlocal opinions carries considerable weight in my book as well as others I'm sure. The fact that I can get good results means anyone else can too if you no what I mean.

I'm forever grateful for everything I learned here from humboldtlocal that helped me with my decision. I can't thank him enough and I sincerely mean that too!! If your considering this machine take his word for the quality of the machine as well as the quality results. You won't be disappointed at all!!

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
what i understand HumT ,

really sucks on the Samurai to try & sharpen the blades but on the Twister its almost self sharpening with a small effort & few twists of the screws . This is a HUGE plus in difference of design to be able to sharpen blades periodically without a major tear down .

Still waiting for them to come in ...think the canadians lapped them all up & we down in the US get the dreggs...

lol

* yep , to really keep this machine going ful Tilt , requires lots of Buckers ...this waiting game & patience is surely gettin old !

Sposed to get one in on Tues....FINGERS crosed X X X

H

humboldtlocal

Old Stoner, I am very sorry to hear for your loss. I am also very happy to hear that you are safe and sound, as like you said, it could have been a lot worse. I have been there my self and know the anger you are feeling. You must not let this anger cloud your judgment during this coming time. You need to be able to make rational decisions regarding your safety and well being.
I am very happy to hear that you had a great experience with the Twister even though it was under horrible circumstances. I also feel it was one of the best purchases of my life. The Trimpro goes hand in hand with it and I feel it is just as necessary as the dry racks. We would be doing half the production we are doing without it.
Here are some new pics from today including some dried bud shots.
Pure Purple

OG

Black Crack

Purple Church

Cannalope Haze

H

humboldtlocal

The C Haze was actually one of the worst plants and something that won't be in next years garden. The biggest winners so far have been the Purple Train Wreck x Vancouver Island Purple (PTWxVIP), the OG,Pure Purple and the Hindu Kush/Blueberry x Grapefruit/Blackberry. There is lots more to come and I have been shooting a lot of video too. I will try to get some clips up tomorrow if I have time. Hardly any mold or caterpillar damage and I also have a great crew helping me right now so no complaints. I am falling more in love with the Twister everyday. She is my mistress. My muse.

H

humboldtlocal

http://trimscene.com/
This is the best source. They are the only California dealer. They are friends of mine and they will take good care of you. You will pay at least 14k.

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
thanks for the info you said 14k thats out of my range i guess my fingers are gona work
alot harder to be able to get one
peace

H

humboldtlocal

They sell smaller trimmers too. Trim Reaper, Spinpro, Spinpro Powermatic, Trimpro.

Old Stoner

humboldtlocal, I appreciate the message you left regarding my photos. I
am indeed an "Old Stoner" but have been smoking the herb considerably
longer than growing it so I consider your comment an honor indeed.

I've been trying myself to come up with an appropriate name for my Twister.
My wife calls the Twister my "mistress". She has assured me though that's
she's fine having a new love in my life too. She did however mention that if
she ever had good reason to divorce me she would fight for custody of the
Twister and win. I stopped and bought her a dozen roses on the way
home from buying a nice new pressure washer for the "mistress"!!

H

humboldtlocal

I've been trying myself to come up with an appropriate name for my Twister.
My wife calls the Twister my "mistress". She has assured me though that's
she's fine having a new love in my life too. She did however mention that if
she ever had good reason to divorce me she would fight for custody of the
Twister and win. I stopped and bought her a dozen roses on the way
home from buying a nice new pressure washer for the "mistress"!!

That is so funny. My friends that run Trim Scene Solutions, where I bought my Twister, said a very satisfied Twister customer brought them a dozen roses the other day. These machines just bring out the love in people. I have two so I guess me and the wife would each get one if worst came to worst.
I am posting new videos, so check them out.