What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trimming my crop with the Twister Trimming Machine

H

humboldtlocal

they are out of both .... we know after 4hrs of driving yesterday & the one Tumbleweed/Samurai ,that was supposed to be there & deposited ,
wasn't...which made for two 4hr drives this week alone for total
of 16hrs of driving ;(

a bit disappointing , would be nice if they could just drop ship it down to us since we will
lose 5 precious days now & must forge on .....and thats if it does in fact come next
weds ...ah , so it goes .

alas ....maybe just wait for the twister which may or may not be in stock by mid october .

again alas....alas, the best laid plans of mice & men oft gang awry ! ;)

thanks for posting the many inspiring pics & sharing comments .

happy safe harvest,

Madrus Rose

Hey Madrus, thats a real bummer. I hate driving. And around here I have to do a lot of it. Did you call first to see if your machine was in? I am not surprised your Samurai didn't show up on time. They are distributed by Advanced Nutrients and my friends have told me numerous times what a bitch it has been dealing with them. They constantly bullshit Trim Scene about when their machines will get there. I know they are going to stop carrying anything from Advanced once Twister gets their production up. Your machine should be there next week but if you can wait a little longer get the Twister. If you can wait, tell them to put your deposit on the Twister. I know that Advanced won't drop ship directly so it would have to get shipped to Trim Scene and then they would have to ship it to you. It would probably take longer and cost more than a Twister when it works out. I know that the Twisters can be shipped directly to you because I have a friend in Central Cali that bought one from Trim Scene and had it drop shipped directly to him from Canada.
Anyways, I know whatever machine you get you will be stoked with. I hope you can make it through the weekend with out having to cut. It has been so hot here the last couple days.:joint:

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
well if AN is the distributer that 'splains alot , lol....they were always seeming to be too heavy handed with the BS in their past self=promotions <G

ya, well back to the old tried n true hand work & fiskars for the time being , but
waiting / losing 5days might just add up to waiting to get hands on the twister
but thats 2wks away ....or longer

patience & calm ....yep, it is a hot stretch were going thru & we didn't have any PM at all
after that last freak thunderstorm hit back on 9/11 ...the greenCrack we mostly have in the ground has been good to go this week but densing up still & could go a bit more .

The BlueDream , Strawberry Thai , Casey Jones, trainwreck etc all need a lil more time ...love that purple trainwreck ya got going there Hum!! ;)

(and can't believe the size of those bubba colas, yeow ! )

Butte

Veteran
There are two types of ganja farmers: Those that need excavators and those that don't.

Damn straight. :D

Quickie question...

What is it about the twister that makes you prefer it over the tumbleweed? Doesn't running that machine without covers make it loud as hell and messy? I know the inside of my centurian gets pretty coated after 30 or 40 pounds...

Congrats on what looks to be a pretty great year...

- Butte

H

humboldtlocal

Hey Butte, thanks for taking a peek. I have mucho respect for your grow. I have shown my helpers your pics and we admire them frequently. We are going to be doing a lot of smart pots next year after seeing some of your monsters. If I am not harvesting from the top of a ladder next year I will be bummed.;)
The Twister is doing a much tighter job on the buds than my tumbleweed ever did. I get the same results with one pass through the Twister that I would get with two through the Tumblweed. We are also able to feed it a lot faster and still get great results. The Twister came with a canvas cover but it is only for storage and transport. We have started pressure washing the Twister every two hours. We have to spray pam a lot less if we keep it that clean. We usually have it pressure washed and re pammed and running again in less than five minutes. At the end of the day we do a more thorough pressure washing.
How do you like your Centurion? My buddy at Trim Scene said he sold a Twister to a guy who owned the very first Centurion to ever be sold to Cali. He used it for four years and then the blades went dull. He said the Twister had it beat in every department. Blade access, blade adjustment, wheels on both ends, better vacuum, better finish. It looks like a sexy machine but the Twister is the one for me. We named one of the Twisters Francis but the other still needs a name.

Sleepy

Veteran
wow, what a different world!

bow of respect, sir.

i feel so small with my 400 watt bulb!

E

Eminem

When I first started lurking on the forums I promised my self I would never post any pics but after my experience today I feel like it is my god given duty to share these pics and my experience with the rest of the growing community.

And we appreciate it. Pics look good. Some of those buds are just jaw dropping

I remember when you thought the Tumbleweed was the shizznit. Its nice to know you are open to new ideas and can accept a new product if its better. That puts more weight into your opinion of the Twister for me.

I will own a twister

I will own a twister

I will own a twister

H

humboldtlocal

Yeah I was super sold on the Tumbleweed but I am so glad I traded up. I also thought the trimpro's sucked but used as the correct tool they are great. I have a couple different people running the Twisters and they are so easy to adjust and clean that I don't have to worry about the helpers F'ing them up. The blade adjustment on the Tumbelweed was such a pain in the ass. Also removing the bed knife to clean and sharpen sucked.

You will own a twister

You will own a twister

You will own a twister

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Yeah I was super sold on the Tumbleweed but I am so glad I traded up. I also thought the trimpro's sucked but used as the correct tool they are great. I have a couple different people running the Twisters and they are so easy to adjust and clean that I don't have to worry about the helpers F'ing them up. The blade adjustment on the Tumbelweed was such a pain in the ass. Also removing the bed knife to clean and sharpen sucked.

You will own a twister

You will own a twister

You will own a twister

Hey "HumT" ...(hehe)

...was just wondering further would it really be helpful to have a Trim-Pro
handy as well to work off the fans in tandem with the TW ? There sure are plenty of used ones out there people willing to get rid of after using them & being disappointed ...but Trimpro at least could help out facilitating light fan removal .
( was just thinking )

Whats your opinion for never used the TRimpro ?

* weather holding up here nicely with lots of sun... hope it lasts !
All the greencrack is ripe n ready to go ,
the MTF was done 2weeks ago, finished ! ;):bis:

tia

MRose

Old Stoner

Hello everyone! I discovered this web site a few months ago while researching Trimming machines. What a wealth of information here on this board, Thank you everyone!

humboltlocal.......a big thank you sir!! You have no idea how grateful I am to have learned as much as I did from someone with your level of expertise. I had pretty much decided on the Tumbleweed until I saw your interest change to the Twister. I also respected the fact that you were willing to accept something different if it was better. I'm so glad that I waited and learned a little more about these machines from you.

I've had my Twister for a few weeks now although I haven't harvested yet. I'm anxious to see what this Machine will do although I'm totally confident that I made the right choice thanks to your reports. A big investment though to say the least.

I've been pretty much problem free with this years garden up until recently. For the past few weeks I've been battling Spider Mites. Luckily there not on all of my plants. I'm only about a week away from Harvesting though so my options are limited regarding elimination of these Mites. Again, I am so grateful to have found this forum. A lot of expertise here regarding what to do and what not to do.

I remember in your first post about the Twister you said that you had a problem with Powder Mildew on your plants and that the Twister sucked it all off. I was wondering if that might be possible with the Spider Mites?? Did you have any other problem like the Mildew that the Twister took care of?? Any thoughts about the Twister sucking off any leftover Spider Mites would be appreciated.

Again humboltlocal a big thank you and much respect sir to you and everyone else here for sharing your ideas and opinions. This is a great place to learn!

Here's a link for anyone looking for drying racks. There a little different than yours humboltlocal but again thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

http://cheaphydroponics.com/store/grow-tents/homebox-drynet/prod_691.html?added=1

H

humboldtlocal

was just wondering further would it really be helpful to have a Trim-Pro
handy as well to work off the fans in tandem with the TW ? There sure are plenty of used ones out there people willing to get rid of after using them & being disappointed ...but Trimpro at least could help out facilitating light fan removal .
( was just thinking )
Whats your opinion for never used the TRimpro ?

We have been using the trimpros to big leaf and it really speeds up the bucking process. I would highly recommend it. We tried bucking some branches that still had the big fan leaves on and it was much slower. Just make sure to clean it really good at the end of the day and wear gloves. We had a friend get nicked by the blade the other day.

I've been pretty much problem free with this years garden up until recently. For the past few weeks I've been battling Spider Mites. Luckily there not on all of my plants. I'm only about a week away from Harvesting though so my options are limited regarding elimination of these Mites. Again, I am so grateful to have found this forum. A lot of expertise here regarding what to do and what not to do.

I remember in your first post about the Twister you said that you had a problem with Powder Mildew on your plants and that the Twister sucked it all off. I was wondering if that might be possible with the Spider Mites?? Did you have any other problem like the Mildew that the Twister took care of?? Any thoughts about the Twister sucking off any leftover Spider Mites would be appreciated.

The Twister sucked a lot of the PM off. There was still a little on some of the most covered buds. We ran some very mitey plants from one of my greenhouses through the machine the other day. Some of the tops were completely webbed over. We had 100F plus weather all weekend and the mites just blew up. I think that the Twister sucked a lot of the mites off of the buds. I will have to wait till they dry but I think they are going to look a lot less mitey than if they were hand trimmed.
That is a nice looking rack but I like the ones from Trim Scene better because you can collapse the rack onto the floor and flip it over and get perfectly turned buds. With that other style you will have to manually turn the buds or shake the racks and that can make a lot of shake. I know a guy that likes those kind of racks because he said if you have not so bright people helping put your trimmed bud on the racks they can't really overload those ones. If you layer too much on the racks it can lead to squished buds and mold.
Did you buy your Twister from Trim Scene Solutions? Are you going to use a Trimpro to bigleaf?

Old Stoner

Thank you for the additional feedback regarding the Spider Mites. I'm looking forward to running this Machine and I'm optimistic. Good point about the racks. I tried to find the ones you recommended where I live and no one carried them. I wanted to be sure I had everything ready since I'm so close to chopping. I had these racks within 5 days of placing my order so I'm good to go.

I didn't like anything about the Trimpro when I first began researching these machines. I can defiantly see where they can be a benefit now though. Again your expertise has helped me considerably with this investment. Might just have to pick one of those up.

I purchased my Twister in Oregon for $13,500. While waiting for my machine the price went up to $13,900. I was concerned about the supply and demand for the Twister and consider myself lucky that I was able to get mine without any delays.

Thanks again!

Ipsissimus

awesome vid! looks like that machine poops beautifully manicured buds :moon: plunk!

edit - maybe I should've gone with laying golden eggs as an analogy. only meant well :)

Old Stoner

humboldtlocal, I forgot to ask you in my earlier post about
the Bud Strippers?? I also thought the price was ridiculous
for a piece of wire with a handle attached but again I could
see the benefit of this tool. Also, after spending that much
money on the Twister it didn't seem right to complain about
$20 for a tool.....if it worked that is.

I found a web site that sells 3 of the Bud Strippers for $49.95
which includes shipping. That's better than $19.95 a piece then
additional shipping costs on top of that. Once again I would appreciate
your opinion. Thanks

H

humboldtlocal

The bud stripper did not work. The video of it looked great and maybe it would work on dry branches better. My branches were too thick. It wouldn't fit on them. Don't waste the money. If you want to speed up the bucking process use a trimpro to big leaf. It will easily double your bucking output.