What's new

Tribulations of an Absentee Gardener

Boocoodinkydow

I'm in the unique situation in Canada where it's legal and I don't have to worry about whether I stink or not !!

I can smell like a skunk, or Parmesan cheese or hopefully a candy cane shortly after I get and grow something new. Lol

I just have a fan. You guys need a blower.

I can only dream about how it would be to live in a judicially tolerant society. It’s my deepest desire to live long enough to see our government adopt rational legislation concerning cannabis. I hope you good neighbors to the north appreciate the progressive views of your government!!

Interested in swapping presidents? We’ll throw in our congress to boot. They’re all good for a laugh. Think about it and get back with me on that. We might be able to work out a deal of some kind!!:biggrin:

PCBuds

... I hope you good neighbors to the north appreciate the progressive views of your government!!

Sure we do.

So we all grow plants, including boys cause we can't tell them apart and all our damn girls end up pregnant.

We're growing mutants. Lol

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
God damn Boocoo... that's such a sweet setup, I'm shopping for an antique wardrobe to doctor.

I usually leave in Feb for 2 or 3 weeks south. Right in the middle of a grow. I rely on blumats to keep them alive with questionable results, but this is an order of magnitude better.

You have a new fan in your club.

Boocoodinkydow

God damn Boocoo... that's such a sweet setup, I'm shopping for an antique wardrobe to doctor.

I usually leave in Feb for 2 or 3 weeks south. Right in the middle of a grow. I rely on blumats to keep them alive with questionable results, but this is an order of magnitude better.

You have a new fan in your club.

Thank you so much, kind sir. I’m flattered!

It’s made life so much easier for me. When I was top feeding, trips away were always loaded with apprehension until I returned; did the emitters get clogged again, did the pond pump crap out, did the timer take a dump. This system has just been so simplistic since I finally got things dialed in.

If you decide to make the transition, don’t hesitate to holler if I can be of assistance.

Thanx for stopping by!:tiphat:

BCDD

Boocoodinkydow

I understand it’s now fashionable to take a family photo and use it as a Christmas card. I don’t have a current photo so I rummaged through our old album and found this one.

picture.php

. MURRY CHRISTMAS

:santa1::xmastree:

This is mommy and daddy and me. I was still quite young and this was prior to my gender transition procedure.

You can just barely see the resemblance, now!
picture.php

Anyway, for real.....

MERRY XMAS YA’LL

picture.php

PCBuds

You look distinguished, happy and healthy in your old age!!

Have a Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year !!

PS... I found a whole bunch of hoof tracks on my roof tonight !!

Fricken reindeer are gonna wreck my shingles!!

And why can't Santa hire North American Caribou instead of Russian reindeer to deliver his Coca Cola ??

Fricken outsourcing !! Lol ��

Fitzera

I can only dream about how it would be to live in a judicially tolerant society. It’s my deepest desire to live long enough to see our government adopt rational legislation concerning cannabis. I hope you good neighbors to the north appreciate the progressive views of your government!!

Interested in swapping presidents? We’ll throw in our congress to boot. They’re all good for a laugh. Think about it and get back with me on that. We might be able to work out a deal of some kind!!:biggrin:

If only it was that easy 😔
Others may not agree but I would take your businessman of a president over our embarrassing, pompous, criminal man child of a prime minister any day.
And this so called "legalization", to me, is anything but. Its regulated (poorly), not legal. Hardly rational. To me it was a better situation when it was illegal, but I've always tended to side with the rebellion.

PCBuds

If only it was that easy ��
Others may not agree but I would take your businessman of a president over our embarrassing, pompous, criminal man child of a prime minister any day.
And this so called "legalization", to me, is anything but. Its regulated (poorly), not legal. Hardly rational. To me it was a better situation when it was illegal, but I've always tended to side with the rebellion.

I disagree.

I'm not a criminal anymore and I don't think they can repeal the new laws.

Things and prices will sort themselves out.

If you want really good weed, just grow it yourself.

Fitzera

I disagree.

I'm not a criminal anymore and I don't think they can repeal the new laws.

Things and prices will sort themselves out.

If you want really good weed, just grow it yourself.

You take no issue with the roadside sobriety tests? You take no issue with them basing regulation not on science but on outdated ideals?
In my eyes, legalization would have no limit on what you're allowed to grow on your own property for your own persons. It would have no limit on what you're allowed to possess at any given time in any location(within some reason, I dont think anybody needs lbs at an elementary school). A person wouldnt be labelled impaired with a bullshit urine/blood thc level, and charged as a criminal. There are so many more ways for the average citizen to catch charges and be labelled a criminal than there were before...how is this called legalization? Sure it's a beginning, but its bullshit. It's a half assed attempt and looks like nothing more than a money grab. Money from fines and charges and money from corporations, all to the government coffers.
So from the viewpoint of an average citizen who is also a lover of growing and enjoying marijuana, I find it laughable to called it legalization. Citizens who were already in the medical system were already good to go.
From the corporate viewpoint...yeah of course this legalization is a blessing

Boocoodinkydow

Holy $hit!! I had no idea that was even possible!! It’s a damn tree!!

And as far as Canadian legalization, from the outside looking in, it’s definitely not the perfection one would like to see but it’s a good basis upon which to build. When you’re at the bottom looking up, anything is attractive!!

Fitzera

No.
I only drive completely sober.

You can still get an impaired while sober is what I'm trying to say. They can test you for any reason they want. You dont have to do anything wrong for them to pull you over. The level they consider to be impaired is insane, high risk work sites have a higher permissible thc level.

A moderate smoker could have a joint at breakfast. Late afternoon they could drive to the store, and if they were stopped and tested they would be considered impaired based on the thc level. But I'm pretty sure any moderate smoker would agree that by that point they are no longer impaired. Doesnt matter, now you have a dui on your record. That's not right.

And yes I'm very happy that you can now grow 4 plants with no height restriction. It's awesome. But, so the plant is legal...but if you want to do any sort of breeding and playing around with proper numbers to do selections, you cant. That's not legal then. You know what I mean? Either it's legal or it isnt. This is psuedolegal

Anyhow, this is off topic, my apologies.

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
:bump: :bump: :bump: ……...You back from the mtns yet BCDD....????…..hope the plant`s ok and still blowin up.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: ……..

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Talking about absentee gardeners...
Came home to my whole tent looking like the SAhara desert.
I could cry.
Was gone for almost a month and had the heater on too high in the room with the tent apparently as my reservoir had comepletely dried out, all plants dead and all soil as dry as a camel's fart.
FUCK!!!
Normally the res is big enough for a couple weeks but not when the heat is cranked up.

Well these are some of the risks of being an absentee gardener...
Getting a bigger reservoir today

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Sorry to hear that. I had the same thing happen after 3 weeks, but with an algae plugged line. I managed to recover one very stunted plant though.

Boocoodinkydow

:bump: :bump: :bump: ……...You back from the mtns yet BCDD....????…..hope the plant`s ok and still blowin up.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: ……..

Hey DHF, I did get back late yesterday. My internet is slower than smoke off of shit this morning. I’ll try to load a couple of pix and give a quick update. Thanx for inquiring.

Boocoodinkydow

Talking about absentee gardeners...
Came home to my whole tent looking like the SAhara desert.
I could cry.
Was gone for almost a month and had the heater on too high in the room with the tent apparently as my reservoir had comepletely dried out, all plants dead and all soil as dry as a camel's fart.
FUCK!!!
Normally the res is big enough for a couple weeks but not when the heat is cranked up.

Well these are some of the risks of being an absentee gardener...
Getting a bigger reservoir today

So sorry to hear that, Chevy. And you’re right, there’s always a risk but for some of us it’s absentee gardening or nothing. Hope you get your new res set up.

Latest posts

Latest posts