What's new

Triangle Larry breeding project

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Looks like the t12-p has a very nice choice male that is extra variegated. Not positive it’s a male yet but I’m almost sure it will be. If it is, it will for sure be the next male used to make f2’s and cross to the TropicanaxtriangleLarry. Hopefully next offspring of the trop will be bigger yielding but keep its smell, but only time will tell.
Click image for larger version  Name:	C8E062AC-DE16-4864-9B4F-8D5E0643449A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	187.7 KB ID:	17909359
image_2061223.jpg
image_2061222.jpg

Attachments

• 17BD4473-06B8-46FF-B415-ADFBEDE68068.jpeg
    17BD4473-06B8-46FF-B415-ADFBEDE68068.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 32

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Me neither bro, the most experienced breeders I know will also agree. No true way yet to know unless you grow out the offspring. What I like to do is try and categorize the phenotypes, then look for some type of reoccurring trait in that line of phenotype. For example, if I like heavy yeild with the gassy flavor and only 25% of the offspring show that, I’ll look for a measurement in that 25% pool that makes it different(usually I don’t have to actually bust out a ruler). Maybe those plants have long or short petioles, maybe they have a different leaf shape then the rest, stretchy or stout, or a combination of all those things. Usually leaf shape tells me most. I use to run a veg room (Oregon legal olcc lisenced facility) with over 60 varieties. Over a hundred light veg room, and I usually didn’t need to read the labels. If it was a fully mature mother, I could tell exactly what variety it was from 10+ feet away. But some times there were very similar looking plants and i would then be able to tell the difference by scratching and stiffing the plant. Weird but once you show other people, they also can smell the difference blindfolded. To my point, there is always a weird way to identify a female, and once I have that, I look for that trait in the male.
when I grew triangle Larry from skunkhouse, my favorite plants were variegated, so at this point I’ve just ran with that simple trait. It didn’t exactly work the first variegated male plant because in the offspring some of the plants are kinda wirey nug structure like the farmer 12 but much slower growing and lower yeild. When the different variegated male was used it seemed to not pass on very distinct traits in certain cases like the Tropicana cross. The offspring seem very trop dom and it’s hard to tell much new traits besides heavier hash yeild and more narcotic type high like the trianglelarry. Tropicana alone doesn’t really get me that stoned.
out of all the t12-s, the females were all vigorous and yielded a ton of very flavorful hash, even when the flower got way to dry(me being lazy and not ever jarring anything).
so even if I pick a random out of the pool I’m sure I can’t go too wrong hopefully.
so honest I’m just taking guesses throwing darts hopeing for the best working with my favorite flavors or somthing that gets me the most stoned :biggrin:
thank you for the interest

...CR500AF...

Yup run them see what you got that is the only way i know how to do it of course the standard, looks, resin coverage, smell, then run him and hope for the best lol...:)

Last edited:

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
SOB That upper left bubble is soooooo freaking cool dude...:)
Thanks bro. My goal is usually to get as many water drops on as possible showing a refraction image from the background, but it usually ends up in failure. The more drops, the more chance of them falling off in the middle of photographing. Some times they don’t fall and it seems like it went perfect but after photoshop stacks all the images it will blur most of the droplets like you see here. Since I have to take around 50-150 photos and move the camera forward manually between each photo, it makes a lot of room for error and all of your work flush down the toilet. Some day I might get a robotic macro rail and it will make things much easier and less frustrating.
Here’s a stack of shots of the male that ended up a lot cooler
C9E827AF-7B89-49D8-9CC6-56DC0D15C119.jpeg

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Here’s some photos of the room after everything is pollinated, the two plants on the left are the TropicanaTL, the one yellowing is the plant I’ll be excited to crack seeds of, it’s very Tropicana smelling and looking.
the rest on the right will be the t12-s f2’s
Click image for larger version  Name:	546DE351-EAA9-4F0C-A11F-F7AACA935E8E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	190.6 KB ID:	17939252
Click image for larger version  Name:	881C154B-145E-4144-819D-A9EE73807AAF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	193.5 KB ID:	17939253
Click image for larger version  Name:	95A7D2C4-0424-43E3-918F-45B339F0AB38.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	192.7 KB ID:	17939254

...CR500AF...

I try to notice the effort people make and the end result, and yours is well out standing my friend pleas keep them coming and the plant pics. you run a nice set up you deserve more then a little credit...:)