What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Triangle Larry breeding project

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
awesome thread mate, really enjoyed going through that, your photos are really epic, its a lot of work, thanks for doing it! and good luck with the project in the future....take it easy

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
awesome thread mate, really enjoyed going through that, your photos are really epic, its a lot of work, thanks for doing it! and good luck with the project in the future....take it easy
Thank you very much for taking the time to read the thread and give it all appreciation with all the likes. I’m glad you enjoyed going through it all, and shared the kind words too. Thanks for seeing all the work that goes into the photos. The past two photos I’ve tried went down the drain. Last one I caught a satin moth that was sleeping on an outside window. After setting him up on a leaf and all the extra artsy stuff, by the time I took all the photos and stacked them in photoshop I used about 2 hours. When it all stacked it came out blurry after I already released the moth back outside. Probably because his icey white translucent furr tripped out the computer program. To my point, I can’t count how many photos you guys haven’t got to see due to the problems that can occur during the process. Mostly because I use a manual macro rail. Thanks again, very much appreciated bro :respect:

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
All the donnyburgerxtrianglelarry are up and looking good.
C95FCF48-2FB2-41E1-B5D0-279A0DD063AD.jpeg

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Here’s the females that made it from the latest Tropicanaxtrianglelarry hunt. Got skunked and most were males but here’s a photo from a few nights ago I forgot to post.
Judging by the smells of all of them so far, I doubt I’ll pollinate any of them.
The keepers seem to smell like strong like tropicana right when it starts to bud, and the nugs are purple right from the start. Plenty of room still left I’ll fill with the Tropicanaxtl #2 keeper from the last hunt to pollinate.
2EB5071D-45C2-4CD0-88AA-AD3DA78F1F41.jpeg

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Had to kill all the Donny burger x tl seed starts. And the three huge Tropicanaf2xtrianglelarry#2 plants I was planning to turn all into a seed run.Got some aphids and since i haven’t had any insect or powder mildew problems in over 4 years I didn’t realize it was a problem until every plant was infected. I’ve become a bit lazy with inspections and just usually water with little attention.Easy to get rid of the aphids but honestly don’t feel it’s worth pheno hunting through. Especially not to breed with. Also, I can’t risk infecting my outdoor crop right now, so I’m quick with just cutting down and restarting. Kept the Farmer12og and the back up t12-s male and cut them back a lot and have just been doing a aggressive hot water blast on them with a spray bottle and they seem to have any more problems, going to clone them soon and toss the soil. Ill be planting more of the Donny burgerxtl soon. Here’s one of the Tropicanaf2xtl #2 outside from a few weeks ago, really growing fast lately with the good weather. I’ll probably pollinate a few branches of this one now for sure.
DA1EEDB4-CD8A-42E2-A2A4-862FAA4B8AF1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: zif

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Sorry about the lack of updates. Did another Donny burgerxtrianglelarry run and cloned out the most vigorous cut. Got to flower and with my luck had another nightmare and got spider mites. I didn’t want to scrap another huge amount of time, so I cloned out the most vigorous plant not effected by the mites. At first I was mad to keep losing time but honestly, maybe fate decided to bless me with problems so I could see which plants were the least susceptible to disease. The plant kept was just the most dominant plant in the room from seed. Grows very strong looking compared to its peers. For some reason the donnyburgerxtrianglelarry is very touchy during the seedling stage, wind, and moisture level of the soil, and light distance really can change the seed stretch stage. If one thing isn’t perfect they over stretch and fall. Ended up killing more seedlings of this than any other strain I’ve ever worked with. At most I’m use to losing 1 of 10. This variety I’ve had a few goes where I lost 50% and just restarted a new run. After they get out of seed stage they turn into extremely strong plants though. Here’s a photo of a bunch of them with a few farmer12 og cuts and some tropicannaxTl#2 cut.
That’s diatomaceous earth on the ground since the spider mites, trying to stay clean and not let it turn into a messy lazy nightmare
9C7ED775-7D23-4D89-9C08-938454B49615.jpeg

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Used some new soil in a pinch, usually I use fox farm ocean forest, been using it for a decade. Had to buy some plan b premium potting soil. Usually I don’t like to talk about snake oil grow products, but this soil is really nice. Crazy priced, but it’s some of the nicest quality bag soil I’ve seen. The Farmer12 cut is finicky and just loves this soil.
C9E1E18F-DB32-4265-BE6C-F0D91A090ABF.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts