What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tri_Cho_Me's First Grow & Grow Diary

Tri_Cho_Me

Day 10 Veg

Day 10 Veg

(I messed up on my veg days. I think this is day 10 and my last post was day 8. Maybe someone can help me out with that. I counted Day 1 of Veg as Friday 9/9.)

Holy cow! What a couple days can do...

My last pictures were taken Friday around 11:30 am, and these were taken Sunday around 3:00 pm. Unbelievable in my opinion. A perfect combination of a good drink, lowering the light a little, and having enough vegetation I think, to really soak up that Advanced Platinum P450.

#2 is still stunted compared to #1, however I am feeling much better about her than I was a week ago. Again, I gave them a good drink after letting them dry out for three days on Friday, so I may try to keep that rotation of 3 days dry then water.

Depending on the temperature in the tent and level of RH, I may mist them a bit with a spray bottle, but nothing crazy. They will still have plenty of opportunity to dry out. Also, I put a wet bath towel at the bottom of the tent to up the humidity a couple notches. Stinks when it dries out, but it works.

Let me know what you all think! When should I transplant to my 1 gallon Smart Pots? (I will eventually then move to the final pot, a 5 gallon Smart Pot.)

Tri_Cho_Me

Attachments

• #1 Day 9 - Veg.jpg
    #1 Day 9 - Veg.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 12
  • #2 Day 9 - Veg.jpg
    #2 Day 9 - Veg.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Day 9 - Veg.jpg
    Day 9 - Veg.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Day 9 Veg in the tent.jpg
    Day 9 Veg in the tent.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 10

chomsky

Be careful with mold growing on that wet towel. Especially if it's stinking. If you don't have a humidifier try a bowl of water. Don't get impatient to transplant. Those girls can grow quite a bit in the cups. 12-14 inches even. Remember tho in those cups they will start needing some light nutes. A little Rapid start 1/2 strength would be great too. Lookin good bro. Checkout the pic in the third post down. Granted that's coco do you don't want to go that big but you get the point.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=190259

Tri_Cho_Me

Be careful with mold growing on that wet towel. Especially if it's stinking. If you don't have a humidifier try a bowl of water. Don't get impatient to transplant. Those girls can grow quite a bit in the cups. 12-14 inches even. Remember tho in those cups they will start needing some light nutes. A little Rapid start 1/2 strength would be great too. Lookin good bro. Checkout the pic in the third post down. Granted that's coco do you don't want to go that big but you get the point.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=190259

Thats a good idea. I'll have to remember to throw it in the wash every week.

I am in a good mix of Ocean Forest, Happy Frog and worm castings. I will probably wait on nutes until next week. The watering on Friday was this soils first good drenching. It still has plenty to give.

Tri_Cho_Me

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Looks good dude

If you need that towel.... I'm guess it was 77F @%55 rh ?

Put it in a tray and soak it w pH 10+ water.....no way it would grow mold

Tri_Cho_Me

Nice grow.

Thanks for stopping by, Roy :)

Looks good dude

If you need that towel.... I'm guess it was 77F @%55 rh ?

Put it in a tray and soak it w pH 10+ water.....no way it would grow mold

Thanks for the pH tip, Chrono. Are you saying I was good to begin with on the RH? The light hadn't been on too terribly long when I took that. I just went and checked (light has now been on for 3 hours) and the temp is 81F and the RH is 52%

Tri_Cho_Me

pH_This

(I messed up on my veg days. I think this is day 10 and my last post was day 8. Maybe someone can help me out with that. I counted Day 1 of Veg as Friday 9/9.)

Holy cow! What a couple days can do...

My last pictures were taken Friday around 11:30 am, and these were taken Sunday around 3:00 pm. Unbelievable in my opinion. A perfect combination of a good drink, lowering the light a little, and having enough vegetation I think, to really soak up that Advanced Platinum P450.

#2 is still stunted compared to #1, however I am feeling much better about her than I was a week ago. Again, I gave them a good drink after letting them dry out for three days on Friday, so I may try to keep that rotation of 3 days dry then water.

Depending on the temperature in the tent and level of RH, I may mist them a bit with a spray bottle, but nothing crazy. They will still have plenty of opportunity to dry out. Also, I put a wet bath towel at the bottom of the tent to up the humidity a couple notches. Stinks when it dries out, but it works.

Let me know what you all think! When should I transplant to my 1 gallon Smart Pots? (I will eventually then move to the final pot, a 5 gallon Smart Pot.)

Tri_Cho_Me

Today would be day 9 if you're counting the 9th as Day 1. Generally it's the first 24 hours=Day 1 (10th Sept), Day 2= 11th Sept, etc.

They look fantastic!:biggrin:
:jump:

chomsky

Thats a good idea. I'll have to remember to throw it in the wash every week.

I am in a good mix of Ocean Forest, Happy Frog and worm castings. I will probably wait on nutes until next week. The watering on Friday was this soils first good drenching. It still has plenty to give.

Tri_Cho_Me

For sure... You're doing great. I love how much attention you're paying and how much concern you have for your plants. That's the mark of a good grower.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
55 rh is fine IMO, a bit dry some vpd-core growers would say, sure. %50 rh in bloom is golden and plenty of people get away with less. Prefer it in fact. I love high temps and rh in veg but it can be too much in bloom

chomsky

55 rh is fine IMO, a bit dry some vpd-core growers would say, sure. %50 rh in bloom is golden and plenty of people get away with less. Prefer it in fact. I love high temps and rh in veg but it can be too much in bloom

I have always agreed completely. However, now that I'm learning about VDP I'm accepting a bit higher RH in bloom. My entire chocolope run has had a bloom RH no less than 60% ( and you've seen those chrono). Lots of air flow and not ot a speck of mold. Granted I'm using a pretty powerful light.

Normally I'll take 65-70 RH in veg and 83-85 degrees and try for 50% and 78 degrees in bloom. I run co2 so I don't worry much if temps spike a dagger or two.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
You got it Chomsky, proof is in the pudding. My last tent was pushing 80-90F and 80-90 RH at times, all I did was make sure I had tons of air, Id say I lucked out or maybe it just wasn't as bad as it seemed at the time.

chomsky

Along with good air circulation a charcoal filter to cut down on mold spores and of course smell never hurts.

Tri_Cho_Me

I've got all those things! My charcoal filter is massive for how big (or small) my tent is. Oh well, better safe than sorry.

I massaged the stem ever so gently this morning on #1 and I got the slightest hint of sweetness on my fingers. Frickin' amazing. Kind of a mix between strawberry and mint.

Tri_Cho_Me

Tri_Cho_Me

Broke out the 'ole Canon for a few closeups - Day 10 Veg

Broke out the 'ole Canon for a few closeups - Day 10 Veg

Soil was getting pretty dry, and I took the towel out, so I watered again and misted'em pretty good. I have my two Solo cups in a make shift plastic container thats pretty small, and I have THAT in a much larger, wide Rubbermaid container made for storing things under your bed. So I just poured some Distilled water in the bottom of that to boost the RH.

Forgot to mention, I added some molasses to the water this go round, and probably will from here on out when I water. Nothing major, just an 1/8 teaspoon per gallon.

Enjoy the better quality pics!

Tri_Cho_Me

Attachments

• #1 Closeup Day 10 - Veg.jpg
    #1 Closeup Day 10 - Veg.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 9
  • #1 Misty Day 10 - Veg.jpg
    #1 Misty Day 10 - Veg.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 9
  • #1 Dop on Leaf Day 10 - Veg.jpg
    #1 Dop on Leaf Day 10 - Veg.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 14
  • #1 Drenched Day 10 - Veg.jpg
    #1 Drenched Day 10 - Veg.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 11
  • #2 Closeup Day 10 - Veg.jpg
    #2 Closeup Day 10 - Veg.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Fiddynut

Soil was getting pretty dry, and I took the towel out, so I watered again and misted'em pretty good. I have my two Solo cups in a make shift plastic container thats pretty small, and I have THAT in a much larger, wide Rubbermaid container made for storing things under your bed. So I just poured some Distilled water in the bottom of that to boost the RH.

Forgot to mention, I added some molasses to the water this go round, and probably will from here on out when I water. Nothing major, just an 1/8 teaspoon per gallon.

Enjoy the better quality pics!

Tri_Cho_Me
Looks great Tri_Cho_Me. You have some beautiful baby's. They are going to start growing like crazy now. They are so cute when they are so tiny. Keep up the good work!