What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Travel advice for small amount personal use in EU.

Asentrouw

make zero sense to drive over 500km to berlin if close by a option or you have enough time to lose on the way there and back

My bad. I thought he wrote Magdeburg ("near" Berlin), instead it was Marburg. That's indeed quite a trip for some stash. Nice city none the less, but then its easier just to visit the shop in NL. 🤣

drosera420

Premium user
Yup, it will be an adventure at this point. Sounds like a few beers would be easier than all the hub bub. In the past it's been all work, go to hotel and repeat. No time for side trips and fun stuff. I'm def reconsidering this approach. To be honest I only take a few puffs so it's not gonna kill me to miss out. My real goal here was just to find out more about the locations and if it was feasible. No hiney hiding in my future 😉

Cuddles

Yup, it will be an adventure at this point. Sounds like a few beers would be easier than all the hub bub. In the past it's been all work, go to hotel and repeat. No time for side trips and fun stuff. I'm def reconsidering this approach. To be honest I only take a few puffs so it's not gonna kill me to miss out. My real goal here was just to find out more about the locations and if it was feasible. No hiney hiding in my future 😉
if you don´t need it for medical reasons, then it won´t be that bad for you , I guess :) How long will you be in europe?
The stuff you´ll be able to get hold off maybe rubbish anyway, lol. But there are growers here on the forum who will still be able to help you out depending on location.
But if not then just why not simply enjoy the local food, wine or the many beer varieties we have over here. There´s plenty of it ! :giggle:

drosera420

Premium user
Likely only 7 to 10 days in Europe. My main concern about drinking was the fact that I had mastered it quite thouroughly. Not to the point of joining AA but I cut myself off as it was leading that way. A few pulls off a bowl of an evening takes down the edge of an overworked and stressful day. No worries though, like I said it was just a thought and idea to talk out.

Cuddles

Likely only 7 to 10 days in Europe. My main concern about drinking was the fact that I had mastered it quite thouroughly. Not to the point of joining AA but I cut myself off as it was leading that way. A few pulls off a bowl of an evening takes down the edge of an overworked and stressful day. No worries though, like I said it was just a thought and idea to talk out.
that´s too bad. But I understand as have cut down on my alcohol intake too. I only drank one weekend and this was 4 weeks after new years :)
In this case why not just go all healthy and stick to soothing teas in the evening and veggie juices and so on. Or hot or cold chocolate. :)
And there´s nothing stopping you from enjoying the local foods and sweets!

Cuddles

When I was in Rome, Cinque Terre, and Munich we had no problem hitting the taxi drivers up. Anywhere you go in the world, the taxi drivers know where to find you anything, it is their job.
true😉. Too bad I can never afford one lol. Public transport for me.
One time though I did have to take a cab and got a bad recommendation . Oh well...
And where I live the driver is most likely to stitch me up too.. :confused:

Cuddles

Taxis in Germany are more expensive than the drugs themselves :D
sounds hardly worth the effort then , does it. :( Unless you happen to be loaded and seriously desperate.
It´s a pity that the legalization in Germany may be more theoretical than anything else. As I understand there will be no coffee shops or other retailers.
What if somebody has a doctors prescription from a doctor who´s located in a different country though?

endgegner

sounds hardly worth the effort then , does it. :( Unless you happen to be loaded and seriously desperate.
It´s a pity that the legalization in Germany may be more theoretical than anything else. As I understand there will be no coffee shops or other retailers.
What if somebody has a doctors prescription from a doctor who´s located in a different country though?

Coffeeshops are planned later, but I am not sure if the will actually get the legalization through, they may even fail to decriminalize in their period. Not that I am totally pessimistic and I don't have a "they won't make it anyway" mindset. But they have promised a lot of things and not enforced it.
I hope my doubts are wrong and (at some point) they will get it through. I don't believe they will get it through on 1st April though, seems to close and not a lot of actions are taken. But we will see if I am wrong or right about that on 1st April.

Regarding the doctor:
You need to get a prescription from a German doctor to get the license to buy it. And it is quite hard to find a doctor describing weed just in time. However, you may get a license from your country to travel with it.
I have something like this in Germany, I was able to carry medical weed to an Eastern European country with harsh drug laws without any issues:

Other countries may have something similar, too.

Cuddles

Coffeeshops are planned later, but I am not sure if the will actually get the legalization through, they may even fail to decriminalize in their period. Not that I am totally pessimistic and I don't have a "they won't make it anyway" mindset. But they have promised a lot of things and not enforced it.
I hope my doubts are wrong and (at some point) they will get it through. I don't believe they will get it through on 1st April though, seems to close and not a lot of actions are taken. But we will see if I am wrong or right about that on 1st April.

Regarding the doctor:
You need to get a prescription from a German doctor to get the license to buy it. And it is quite hard to find a doctor describing weed just in time. However, you may get a license from your country to travel with it.
I have something like this in Germany, I was able to carry medical weed to an Eastern European country with harsh drug laws without any issues:

Other countries may have something similar, too.
so, you were travelling from one EU country to another. I guess this is a little different.

But I have an idea:
If you are NOT from an EU country and you have a prescription from your local doctor -american or other country and an EU pharmacy won´t accept it, then you can go to a doctor located in an EU country, show them your prescriptions as proof that you are indeed a medical user and maybe they will write you a new prescription which you can take to the chemist next door.

Phew!

It´s a bit of a hassle but I think this might work out.

endgegner

so, you were travelling from one EU country to another. I guess this is a little different.

But I have an idea:
If you are NOT from an EU country and you have a prescription from your local doctor -american or other country and an EU pharmacy won´t accept it, then you can go to a doctor located in an EU country, show them your prescriptions as proof that you are indeed a medical user and maybe they will write you a new prescription which you can take to the chemist next door.

Phew!

It´s a bit of a hassle but I think this might work out.
It also exists for non EU countries:

What I was actually trying to say:
Don't you have travel documents in the US too? You may have something like this, that allows you to carry it to some EU countries?

Cuddles

SolarLogos

My wife likes to travel, so I generally score weed whenever we travel abroad, except when we go to China. A few things that I've learned:

Dress like an American hippie, they will find you. No joke, people approach me all the time.

Taxi drivers, like mentioned above, are almost always a sure bet. The more beat up the cab, the better the odds. Taxis are my last resort, they can get the hairs on the back of your neck to stand up, that's for sure. I was sitting the back of a cab in an old neighborhood at night, the kind with dirt roads. A group of guys were standing around the car asking in Spanish who I was and what I was doing there, and they didn't look happy. The driver runs out, yells something in Spanish and gets in, asks if I'm ok, then takes off in a hurry. I got almost half an ounce for $35 that time and didn't even pay for the ride there and back. I guess the driver made enough off the deal. I'm too old for taxis now, but I've done it half a dozen times or so without any problems.

Maids. They make little money and are usually quite helpful if your willing to offer an extra $20 finders fee.

Flee markets. These places are great, especially the person who sells the pipes. I had a lady in her late 70s sell me weed at a flee market in the Bahamas. A lot of tourist areas have flea markets, just take a cab off the resort, it'll be cheap.

The beach. The guys who rent the para-cells, jet skis, etc. They usually hang out under an umbrella. There is weed in those backpacks they carry ;)

When your at the beach, for example, scan the beach as you walk along. You'll notice everyone having a good time and everyone in their proper place, except for one person. He is also scanning the beach. Walk towards him. When you make eye contact, nod your head. If he is your man, he'll get up and walk towards you. Conversation usually like this:
Him: You looking for something?
Me: What got?
Him: Coke seems to be big, even these days, so that's usually the first thing I'm offered.
Me:Weed is fine. Done, I'm off to smoke a joint.

One more thing when dealing, respect and showing appreciation goes a long way. Dress modest, no fancy anything. The less you look like you have money, the less likely you are to get taken.

Best of luck. If I think of any other tips, I'll post them.
SL