What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trainwreck genetics?

If it falls on the floor and is the lightes green and reaks of limey minty mentholy vitimin jar,is a insanly motivational trippy sativa, its most likley arcata cut or the real deal trainwreck

My arcata cut

Attachments

• 20170116_164338.jpg
    20170116_164338.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20161216_195601.jpg
    20161216_195601.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20170215_203028.jpg
    20170215_203028.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20170116_164456.jpg
    20170116_164456.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20170116_164224.jpg
    20170116_164224.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 17
Thanks king shango.i am not familiar with medusers seeds. But i have run the same branch of a branch for 6 yrs and the more you get her dialed in,the more the clones benefit and i swear she gets better with age. Find your self an authentic arcata cut and you will not have to search for seed lines or s1s. I have a few s1s in my stash.i have run them outside but not inside and still liked the arcata cut better.

JAWS

true classic strain, been messing with her sense 2006-2007 and in every grow sense 2011..made many many pieces with her she's truly one-of-a-kind.

peace :)

JAWS

the two going now..

past grow.

run her untopped but with the lower portion cleaned up, she can give some pretty nice buds...way different then what she's known for as far as golf ball buds..

CLASSIC strain.

never had any of the others ..... but i LOVE my arcata cut !!!

View Image

View Image

i've got alot of great cuts here , but she is still one of my all time favorites !!! i lost her for awhile due to some shitty clone strike rates , but just got her back & am as excited as hell to have her back :yay:

Beautiful looks spot on to the trainwreck usto get back in the day

Im gonna say im past the wondering what the genetics of this strain may be. Im so blessed to know and love this cut it doesnt matter as long as i can get that funky 90s taste and that border line crazy sireins flashing sweat beading off my forehead that feels like i got horse hoofed in my third eye high, im good.ill nvr let this cut go.no matter how many tw haters there may be, theres half that love this strain.

Once u had trainwreck u cant forget it....have had many things labeled as or crosses but the original is very unique tasting seeing Dan's pic even refreshed taste and smell that seem very distorted now..should be kind of banana/anise/unique to itself citrus smell and would always stick to bag no matter how dry..that growth structure is spot on had steady flow of her for a few years never was able to catch a bean but had a few pop during smoking n would always be bummed

King shango thanks.i really cant ever get enough of the arcata. Ghs company. And hso both have lines they market as trainwreck.i cant speak for ghs because ive never had any or seen the phenos,but a friend used to do the humboldt seed organization version.it was ok but no where near the wreck i know. More pineapple flavored and the branches never fell over. I have a cannaventure seeds cookiewreck thats really nice and id say is a worthy cross.and i have a pack of rd gth#1 that i want to try but i believe rd used nevilles wreck for that 1 so we will have to see.

Back on the topic of genetics on this strain a little .i was reading back to dr.jay and texas kids comments on this thread. Texas kid quotes majojo comparing tw to rob clarkes creeper phenotype which is spot on. Question is, this growth charictaristic was prevelent in older strains .thai genetics in particular. crosses that seemed to have a thai influence,back in the day include the creeper phenos as well as the huge uprights. So if the genes can be traced back to that,or a specific low land thai variety,thats a start . not to say that the afghan or mexi sativa claims are not believable, its that the creeper thai is what can be observed,the hint of afghan can easily be tasted. As to whatelse,mexi sativa if or what type was used, i just dont know.and who knows really loll.

Another note about the seeds from arcata wreck. My s1 seeds that i made are small. Dont know what other versions are too,but the cannaventure cookiewreck seeds i got were also really small.sometimes the leaves off the cut will have a leaflet curved to the left or right .also a yellowed varigated leaf can be spotted but im almost positive it is a genetic marker and not a virous or amino type deficiency showing up.these days ive been known to push her to 70 to 75 days in flower.

Last edited:

Happy Times

Anyone have a recomended strain that has similar characteristics to TW? I'm probably never going to get to grow her out again, so I'd like to move on to something with that flavor, smell, appearance and if possible more viggor (unless this was just newbie error). I can deal with a bit less potency, I can always just smoke more right...

More than 10 years later....

Ran some Chernobyl (TGA) last summer that had hints of the wreck flavor in there. Much more sweet and fruity than the orig TW I got the privilege of sampling back in 2002 though.

FWIW: the TW I saw in Cali in 2002- needed staking, stems wouldn't support the buds late in flower. Dense claw nugs, ammonia-lemon black pepper on the nose. She would throw some nanners in flower that my buddy would pinch off.

Last edited:

JAWS

made some fem's a couple years ago, it was pretty much a perfect representation of the CLASSIC ARCATA.

reversing the wreck was a fairly easy but getting the pollen was a bitch, her super tight nug's made it difficult but i manage.

peace.

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
A elusive clone the genuine Trainwreck.
One my friends have spoken about aquiring offten.

Vibes

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
She seems to be making a comeback... n pretty rare these days... I personally hate tw after thousands of lbs that's one smell I don't miss... glad I'm a hoarder n tend to hold onto back up everything no matter what I like...
Yes floppy n definitely will throw a nanner or 2 late flower... tends to pass both these traits on along with alot of other more desirable ones... one thing I will say is she is very in Ya face plant n dominates in crosses ... if tw was used even down the line somewhere she shows up.. even a blind guy can spot tw in a cross ...

I got sum Williams wonder x trainwreck on the go now gunna flip in about 3 weeks when I get space il post sum pics when there in flo

Latest posts

Latest posts