What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trading a 125w cfl for 1000w hid

Delta-Nine

Buddy of mine is trying to get his grow room setup but the 1000w is to much for his 2'x2'x5 closet.. I have a 125w blue & red that he wants to trade for his 1000.
I really don't need the 1000 but can't pass it up as it's basically free.. I'm running 2-600w hids now, but if you had the option what would you run? 2-600w's or the 1000? I always would say the 2-600w but now that I have the option I don't know what tO do.. I know 2-600 will put out more lumens Per watt but the 1000 has better penetration .. My tent is 4'x4'x6.5'. So the 2-600's are squeezed in there with no heat issues.. Lol.. Never thought I'd have his dilemma .. What's your 2 cents on topic?

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
wow I would think either option is too much for that tent. If it were me I'd have only put in the 1 600, but if you can squeeze in 2 with no issues then by all means. You'll get better yields than the thouwie.

Delta-Nine

Trading a 125w cfl for 1000w hid

wow I would think either option is too much for that tent. If it were me I'd have only put in the 1 600, but if you can squeeze in 2 with no issues then by all means. You'll get better yields than the thouwie.

Yeah everyone thought the 2-600's would be too much for my tent but I have no temp issues @ all.. With my Inline fan controller I can range my temps from 60- 90f and dial it in where I need it.. I've got my 600's about 10" from canopy & my temps are 78f @ canopy top.. Of course they are air-cooled hoods..

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i'd take the 2-600w's over the 1000w'r. put that 1000w up on craigslist and make some money for new beans or something.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i vote for the 2nd tent bro use both! i run 1k in each 5x5 tent and love it. i grow trees so penatration is everything to me.

darko_G

fuck the tent.... 600-1000-600 straight down the middle of the room plenty of space to walk all the way around and admire ya shit

Lain

IMO, Finish your harvest with the 2 horizontal 600w's

Switch to the 1000w, barebulb vertical scrog for next grow.

See which setup you like/which one yields more. Depending on how much power you're able to use, you could even try a 600w-1000w-600w vertical stacked in cooltubes. Then grow plants on custom made shelves so you can use the entire 6.5ft of height in your tent.

if your shits dialed in why f with it ??

^ Or that