What's new

Tow and Grow

valais

It is always good to hear detailed and well thought responses. Thank you tow and grow for the information you make a wonderful product!
It might not be for everyone but they really have put some engineering and work into this product.
Happy Gardening
-v

toastfighter2

The first video on that link show the trailer a littler better(at least IMO), and after reading tow and grows response, I retract the not well thought out comment. In the environment it is meant to be used in, and with the style of growing they have in mind, it is perfectly suited for it(IE like old lsd labs were set up in air flo trailers in warehouses). With some customization, they could be used anywhere.
As for suggestions, I would say look into cool tubes, flex ducting, and hydro innovations ice boxes. I am also trying to locate a pic of a tunnel type set up that might benefit you guys some too.

dtfsux

I think its cool of you to come on here and explain. I certainly understand a company has to make a profit.

One thing that doesn't make sense to me is the lighting explanation. You said the plants should be 3-4 feet tall when you switch them? You do know these plants stretch when going to flower. I never flipped a 3-4 foot tall plant, but I have to assume its no different than my SOG plants and they will stretch big time.

BTW I had this idea while back. Using enclosed trailers that you could just pull in and out of a warehouse. Damn you guys for jumping on it :)

mcattak

Couple issues...

CO2---These aren't sealed systems correct...Wasted CO2...

Electricity--- I grow in a warehouse and the electricity is the least of my problems...In fact I probably waste electricity growing vertical witha a low plant count...So why not a real a/c and forget the aircooling...

I like the 16k over the 4 4x8..

Flowering at 3" and my ladies will be 6' by the end of stretch

mc

TOWandGROW

Proof is in the results

Proof is in the results

I just heard from a customer who bought a Soldier - 16 light with no veg. He got 20 lbs off 52 plants in 4 trays under 16 lights with our ebb and flow system. Pretty solid results!

CO2 can be wasted in an open air system like ours but propane is cheap and we recommend having the CO2 generator on 10-15 minutes per hour. That's enough CO2 to get the job done.

mcattak

I just heard from a customer who bought a Soldier - 16 light with no veg. He got 20 lbs off 52 plants in 4 trays under 16 lights with our ebb and flow system. Pretty solid results!

CO2 can be wasted in an open air system like ours but propane is cheap and we recommend having the CO2 generator on 10-15 minutes per hour. That's enough CO2 to get the job done.

Can you guys make a closed system with a real a/c...

I understand co2 can be wasted...Unless the exhaust is turned off at some point 10 - 15 minutes an hour will not work...

Always good to pay for your system first round..

mc

TOWandGROW

mcattak
We can build just about any customization is requested. We have talked about a closed system with A/C. We have also talked about a system with LED lights. Right now we are going to stick with what we know works. When we find a customer who wants a closed system we will quote it and build it to their specs.

Hope that helps...

T

Teeg420

You expect people to veg under those t-5's and get 3 to 4 foot tall plants? Please explain.

Also you said you can get 7-8 runs in one of these in a year what plant are you talking about? Chili peppers, lettuce I am a little confused.

TOWandGROW

Teeg420
Our systems with Veg areas use 600 watt Mercury Halide Lamps with three SunSystem XXXL "Ocho" hoods. This provides extremely complete coverage. We vent those hoods with an 8" can fan into the filter box to keep the room cool.

We have a customer who grows medical marijuana for his dispensary. He purchased a Soldier - 16 lights over 4 trays ebb and flow with no veg. He just finished 52 plants (13 per tray) in 48 days and got over 20 lbs. He had his babies vegged to about 3-4 feet (including the 6" rockwell cube) ready and cleaned his room and switched the same day. If he pulls this off every time he will finish 7.6 times in a year.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Teeg420
Our systems with Veg areas use 600 watt Mercury Halide Lamps with three SunSystem XXXL "Ocho" hoods. This provides extremely complete coverage. We vent those hoods with an 8" can fan into the filter box to keep the room cool.

We have a customer who grows medical marijuana for his dispensary. He purchased a Soldier - 16 lights over 4 trays ebb and flow with no veg. He just finished 52 plants (13 per tray) in 48 days and got over 20 lbs.

LOL, on what planet?

0 veg time, over 6 oz per plant and a 48 Day harvest.

Leik OMG i g0tta have liek 4 of dem.

Was in 0 veg or vegged to 3-4 feet?

Last edited:

TOWandGROW

ShroomDR
I didn't say 0 veg time. I said he had 52 ready to go. He must have a seperate veg area but we sell systems with a veg area up front. If he takes clones the day he switches they will be ready to switch in 48 days. He hits his cycle every time. I'll ask him for a picture. Let you know...

Numboard

I dont know whats with all the hate in this thread. I am sitting here creaming my pants over those stainless steel trays. Everything is built so nice. Mad props guys. Mad props. I would love to see what you guys come up with for a full rdwc system. That would be something else... Also, You guys should make a comprehensive video tour of your trailers Every nook and cranny for each of your models. Even just more pictures on your site would be really nice. It really saddens me when people are selling things for multiple tens of thousands of dollars but don't bother putting more than a couple pic's on their site. Spec's, sytem diagrams, products used, etc.

mcattak

No hate just skeptical....

I hope towandgrow stays around to answer our questions..

At this time i use a 40ft shipping container..Wasn't at any of the expos to see the trailers and the website is not that good...

Working on another project and I am interested in one of these...Do you allow people to come see trailers you are working on????

mc

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Ya, no hate, just pointing out questionable things (more for the benefit of other readers).

95% of strains take longer to flower than 48 days (some would argue no strain is ready), the lights are in a fixed position, the ballasts are located in the grow area, i could go on.

I guess my point is, at first glance (and to a novice) the trailer looks super-wonderful-happy-fantastic, OMG did he say 20lb. But upon further review, cracks begin to appear...

Most companies will make claims based upon maxed out results, i wouldnt expect anything different here.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
very interesting product-shitty info, shitty website,lack of marketing. who ever said to take a video tour of every nook and cranny was bang on. how do you do a playboy centre fold shoot and take pics from 20 ft. away with a polaroid? TOWandGROW need to find a pimp.

TOWandGROW

come and see them

come and see them

No hate just skeptical....

I hope towandgrow stays around to answer our questions..

At this time i use a 40ft shipping container..Wasn't at any of the expos to see the trailers and the website is not that good...

Working on another project and I am interested in one of these...Do you allow people to come see trailers you are working on????

mc

Yes we build them in Southern California and typically have 1 or 2 in various stages of construction. Contact me at [email protected] to arrage a visit.

TOWandGROW

marketing

marketing

very interesting product-shitty info, shitty website,lack of marketing. who ever said to take a video tour of every nook and cranny was bang on. how do you do a playboy centre fold shoot and take pics from 20 ft. away with a polaroid? TOWandGROW need to find a pimp.

Truer words were never spoken. We are working on that right now and hope to have a new web site up in a week or two. We do have some videos up on YouTube. www.youtube.com/towandgrow

TOWandGROW

Ya, no hate, just pointing out questionable things (more for the benefit of other readers).

95% of strains take longer to flower than 48 days (some would argue no strain is ready), the lights are in a fixed position, the ballasts are located in the grow area, i could go on.

I guess my point is, at first glance (and to a novice) the trailer looks super-wonderful-happy-fantastic, OMG did he say 20lb. But upon further review, cracks begin to appear...

Most companies will make claims based upon maxed out results, i wouldnt expect anything different here.

No cracks and no hype. We build commercial quality systems for producing commercial-volume product for dispensaries and collectives. You don't need to lower the lights in our systems and the ballasts can be in the same room if you handle the heat with maximum air flow like we do. I'm sure there are many different strains - I'm just passing along info from a customer - he got 20+lbs of "Pure" in 48 days from 52 plants in one of our 16 light - 4 tray - ebb and flow systems - without lowering the lights and without heat or humidity problems.

T

Teeg420

No cracks and no hype. We build commercial quality systems for producing commercial-volume product for dispensaries and collectives. You don't need to lower the lights in our systems and the ballasts can be in the same room if you handle the heat with maximum air flow like we do. I'm sure there are many different strains - I'm just passing along info from a customer - he got 20+lbs of "Pure" in 48 days from 52 plants in one of our 16 light - 4 tray - ebb and flow systems - without lowering the lights and without heat or humidity problems.

Did this customer have pics? or was this just word of mouth?

52 plants that equals 13 plants per a tray. Which comes out to 6 oz a piece per plant for "Pure" kush is that right?