What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

Ca++

A 68x40 mattress, is close enough to a 74x38 US twin. Do you think the dog will notice? It's like three times more expensive with the disposable income tax that excessive pet stuff incurs.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
peace in your life involves quite a bit of not letting things (that you can't change) drive you batshit crazy... pulse drops, pressure drops, grass looks greener...

moose eater

Saw a meme on the interwebs that I shared with my wife tonight after a decent intake of Ghost Train Haze #1. The image online was of one woman repeating what another woman friend of hers had said, that in her view of Heaven, if a person got there, that all the dogs they'd ever had would come running all at once to see them.

My wife said that was sweet.

I agreed that such a concept for a place called Heaven seemed really agreeable to me as well. She clung to the 'imaginary concept' of the whole thing, but I insisted that if indeed this was my opportunity to define what Heaven might be, then I wanted this addressed as 'real.' I wanted all the pups I'd had in this life to come running to meet me if I was graced with such an honor.... provided they all got along with each other. But that I wasn't sure I was Heaven material.

Fine says she. But she added that there ought to be a place where people who were just mostly decent, but maybe had some issues, can go and have it be Heaven, too.

I asked, "So you're saying you think God grades on a curve?"

She thought about it for a minute and said, "Yeah."

I replied, "So, in other words, where I was sweating only being at a maybe 30% or 50% standing, I'm actually a solid B+ student as a result of relativism as it applies to others' fuck-ups?"

Yeah, something like that.

"Cool," says I.

moose eater

It's what I might call a 'silver lining day.' 2 out of 3 Space Cake are males. 4 outof 4 Azad Kashmiri are either male (3) or hermaphrodite (1). 1 of 4 Soul Mate is a male.

I was prepping to expand the area into another box to make room for the new plants, but the silver lining is that out of 11 plants total in the run, I only have what appears thus far to be 4 females; 3 Soul Mate and 1 Space Cake.

And the males, at least in the case of a couple strains (especially Soul Mate), have NOT been the stereotypical taller, more vigorous plants. With the Soul Mate, that's the females. Also that way with at least 1 of the 2 Space Cake males; shorter than not.

In the end, the positive side is that I don't need to expand into another box, thus saving electricity and reducing heat in the shop during the middle of a smokey hot summer, the Space Cake female is a nice compact, happy looking plant, and the 3 female(?) Soul Mate are amazons; large, content, happy, and maybe too big for my boxes unless I restrain them some how.
----------------------------------------------
Alaska Highway washed out BIG TIME about 75 miles north of Liard River Hot Springs, British Columbia, 50 miles south of Watson Lake, Yukon Territory. HUGE gap in the road of over 100 feet in length, embankments literally washed clean away where a set of culverts had become blocked with debris, and the creek/river there that typically went under the road via culvert, instead rose to over 20 feet deep, until it simply removed a giant piece of road.

They reportedly have a single-lane detour bypass around it now.

Last edited:

Three Berries

Hot Dog Eating Champ Joey Chestnut Chokes Out Animal Rights Protester and Takes Him to the Ground with a Mouth Full of Weiner Before Winning Contest (VIDEO)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...contest-video/

joey-chestnut-protester-hotdog-eating.jpg

The annual hot dog swallowing event is held on Coney Island every year on Independence Day.

Joey is currently ranked No. 1 in the world by Major League Eating.

On Monday, during the middle of the competition, an animal rights protester ran up on stage next to Joey Chestnut carrying a sign reading, “Expose Smithfield Deathstar.”

When the protester jumped on stage next to him Chestnut wrapped his arm around the protester’s neck and took him down to the ground.

This took place while Joey was chewing on hot dog.

He went on to win the competition.

Here’s the video. pic.twitter.com/dry7Oy8KZK

moose eater

Smoked the 3 racks of St. Louis style pork ribs in the propane smoker today for my birthday. My wife made a keto dark chocolate brownie recipe with almond flour and coarsely chopped pecans. Topped and layered in between the 2 sheets of brownies with 40% whipping cream whipped up with a touch of pure vanilla extract, a dash of maple syrup, and a fair bit of 100% pure pommegranate juice, consumed after we ate ribs, homemade potato salad from golden spuds, and steamed organic broccoli 🥦.

My older son came out for the evening, and brought a movie with him, but the disc wouldn't work with our gear, so we watched a different movie.

He brought one of his pups with him, and all canine critters got along, despite 3 of them being a bit annoyed with the herding the GSD puppy apparenly feels compelled to engage in.. even with us!!

I'd given up most expectations re. my younger son calling me to wish me a happy birthday, but lo & behold, he phoned while I was outside tending something or other, and we spoke for what was (compared to recent times) quite a while.

Turned my older son onto a decent medium size bud from the more recent and impressive Super Lemon Haze effort. He has a fairly tall tolerance for herb, and he gave it a rating of 8 to 8.25 on a 10 scale, with my belief being (my impression and experience) there are few to no 10s.

Area's still smokey from forest fires in nearly every compass direction.

I'll bring in the used racks and water tray from the smoker tomorrow. Yellow jackets haven't been very present with the smoke, but it's still a bit early for the onslaught, should there be one this year.

Tomorrow the new pup goes into the vet's for all of her vaccinations, a thorough check-up, possibly some blood work, then home with my wife, while I go and gather parts to construct that fuel line for the new kicker motor.

Still need to get in for my second COVID booster (4th shot overall), so it's kicking into gear by the time I cross the Border. Shit we never used to have to plan for, huh? But history says that those who adapt more readily, tend to live longer and with less pain, so there's that.

I see giant Canadian lake trout in my near future.

Last edited:

moose eater

Not my image, but rather a guy from a lake trout fishing group I'm a member of online. Don't know the guy, but he's holding a 45-lb. lake trout from Great Bear Lake in Canada.

It's guess-timated that the biggest lake trout in arctic waters, in the deepest holes, may go 80 to 100 lbs.

1657165075892.png

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Not my image, but rather a guy from a lake trout fishing group I'm a member of online. Don't know the guy, but he's holding a 45-lb. lake trout from Great Bear Lake in Canada.

It's guess-timated that the biggest lake trout in arctic waters, in the deepest holes, may go 80 to 100 lbs.

View attachment 18730548
do most folks put the dinosaurs back & eat smaller lakers up there? or is it "damn! what a chunk of meat for the smoker, baby..." i bet they take a long time to get that big in water that cold. i'd feel bad killing and eating something that might be older than me.:badday: