What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

moose eater

A tale of Murphy gone wild.

Ordered the fitting for my auxiliary motor on the boat, to have it sent to the PO Box. It was sent via Fed Ex, and not their hybrid program with the USPS. Resolved -that- brainfart.

Seed order that's supposed to be here today? The Wizard Express? Tracking says it was 'FORWARDED' (in ominous red letters, no less) due to forwarding instructions (none were given.. not by me, anyway), or due to an incorrect address or zip code (I have a copy of where it was addressed to, and it's not incorrect at all).

Aishihik Lake Road is closed to the public due to a forest fire near there, and will reportedly remain that way at least until Monday. I'm betting longer, though the weather around us has cooled a bit, thus the fires have as well. Hopefully the Yukon Territory gets the same benefit.... and some rain.. before I arrive, and not much after... I hope.

Older son called yesterday on his way to work. Said he'd been busy during one attempt to phone,. and sleeping during another. The other 2 went unaddressed.

I'm hoping this is one of those 'balance-beam moments' in life, when weird shit happens seemingly non-stop, almost beyond comprehension re. frequency, and somewhere else the frustrating but mild burden of this moment makes for a less catastrophic outcome of some more serious sort at another time and place. The 'ebb & flow' of weirdness. Like paying an ante into the Cosmic 'pot', so to speak.

Edit: The weirdness continued. Phoned back to the place that was sending the replacement package for the outboard's fitting.. Nothing had been set up to send anything. Went through THAT ordeal again, informing the person on the phone of the info., address, etc.. I asked somewhat jokingly, but half seriously, "I hope you're not offended if I phone back in a few minutes to make sure what we just discussed, actually took place. At this point I think I'm experiencing some legitimate trust issues." She said she understood.

Is this me? Or is the entire world in mental melt-down mode, and getting basic, simple shit achieved anymore is tantamount to trying to push concrete bricks uphill?

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Xiden shakes down the Mexican President - he needs some kind of military victory after his humiliating defeats in Afganistan and Ukraine and Syria - so he turns to the 'war on drugs'. He wants that dope criminal captured so he can make headlines.

Well, like Ukraine where the male population is being depleted, xiden got a bunch of Mexicans killed too. War, war, war.

Opera Snapshot_2022-07-17_100328_us.yahoo.com.png

Maybe he ought to stick with the 'war on poverty', and quit printing money.

moose eater

Pushing a chain up a sand dune comes to mind, @moose eater .

Thanks buzz. A fitting & fine tune.

I ended up ordering a total of 3-4 of those fittings I need, on top of the incorrect 2 that I received locally.

Took a closer look at one of the order confirmations yesterday, and they -still- managed to fuck it up. They were sending me a nearly identical fitting, but for an entirely different tank and motor fitment.

No word yet on what the ominous red-letter 'FORWARDED' message means on the tracking for my Wizard Express seeds. I sent a mesage to the vendor yesterday, but no reply yet.

In trimmming the excess bolt lengths on the auxiliary motor mount, I used an angle grinder, and the haet got high enough that I suspect uit melted a fair bit of the polymer material outof the Ny-Lock nuts, so I likely need to get 4 more (better sized) bolts, corresponding washers and Ny-Lock nuts, and remove the kicker mount again, in order to replace the bolts, & properly reseal the bolts and washers through the transom.

Stilll need to plumb in a second fuel filter and water separator identical to the first one, only because I'm runnign 2-stroke on the primary power, and 4-stroke on the kicker. Can't run those through the same filter without mingling incompatible fuels.

"Golden Years," my ass!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: And the post office's contact person, from the area the $200 cash was sent to, phoned yesterday (a saturday??!!) to leave a voice mail message stating that the last place the missing envelope was scanned was in Interior Alaska (Like... I didn't KNOW that??), that it was probably damaged in sorting (why would she state that with no solid basis?), and that she'd be sending me some links on Monday to move ahead on filing a claim. They get $200 (or one of their sticky-fingered lackeys does), and they offer me the 'opportunity' to file a claim, which amounts to rolling the dice on maybe, or maybe not receiving a bountiful $50 compensation for my $200 stolen from me, and all I have to do is to convince the postal insurance vultures in St. Louis, Missouri that there really was money in the pouch. Been there and done that with items valued at far more.. And the USPS fucked me then, too.

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Does anyone else feel that they would be the Antichrist if they were president or is it just me? Would nuke some countries my first day. Then declare myself world leader. Lots of cool stuff to do like in the various movies on the subject

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Does anyone else feel that they would be the Antichrist if they were president or is it just me? Would nuke some countries my first day. Then declare myself world leader. Lots of cool stuff to do like in the various movies on the subject
someone would shoot you first day on the job. count on it...:good:

Three Berries

British MP abandoned car crash in leather mini skirt and pearls. Jamie Wallis, 38, who was born a man, was arrested six hours after fleeing from an accident in which he drove his Mercedes E-Class into a telegraph pole. He has been found guilty of failing to report the accident and banned from driving. [Times]

moose eater

Crooked USPS people definitely have a nice side-hussle going. They took your $200 to a bar in Alaska
Missing a seed package now, per the tracking. As well as the $200 in cash meant for the member's rent needs.

Phoned some heavy-weights with the USPS LEO, and left a message. My local post master in our small rural office thinks it's possible that there's someone stealing mail at the main sorting center in Fairbanks at the airport, as that's the last place my 2 pieces were scanned before coming up missing.

Told her that if that's the case, they better find the individual before I do. The PM stated such an outcome wouldn't offend them.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Health Canada is recalling more than 10 million packages of cigarettes over "increased fire hazard" concerns.
you can still buy matches and Bics though, right? don't know about in Canada, but cigs here have a fire-retardant chemical in them so that they go out if not actively smoked. some arsonists were using them as time-delay fuses. tape some sparklers/match packs together around a lit cigarette, stash it in some flammable stuff, and walk away. "but officer, i was at blahblahblah when the fire started." a well-known California arson investigator was found to have been torching buildings like that a few years back. :angrymod: his co-workers got suspicious about how quickly he was "solving" the crimes...

Green Squall

you can still buy matches and Bics though, right? don't know about in Canada, but cigs here have a fire-retardant chemical in them so that they go out if not actively smoked. some arsonists were using them as time-delay fuses. tape some sparklers/match packs together around a lit cigarette, stash it in some flammable stuff, and walk away. "but officer, i was at blahblahblah when the fire started." a well-known California arson investigator was found to have been torching buildings like that a few years back. :angrymod: his co-workers got suspicious about how quickly he was "solving" the crimes...
This was a scene in Firestorm (1998) Gotta love these mid-late 90's mediocre action flicks!

Green Squall

I feel like I'm being drawn to this strain, specifically for the narrow leaf pheno. I almost bought them a while back, but never followed through. Pretty sure its going to be my winter grow.

Three Berries

Mysterious pink glow in sky over Australian town revealed to be from local cannabis facility
Thu 21 Jul 2022 01.04 EDT

‘Bizarre’ pink lights seen in the sky above Victorian town of Mildura were not an alien invasion after all

An alien invasion? Season five of Stranger Things? A portal to the timespace continuum?

Residents in the northern Victorian town of Mildura were left pleasantly dumbfounded on Wednesday evening when the night sky was set ablaze with an eerie pink glow.

“It was very bizarre,” said Tammy Szumowski.

“I was on the phone to my mum, and my dad was saying the world was ending.”

But the explanation was far more mundane. Pharmaceutical company Cann Group confirmed the lights were coming from its local medicinal cannabis facility, where the blackout blinds had been left open.

“Cannabis plants require different spectrums of light in order to encourage their growth,” said Rhys Cohen, senior communications manager at Cann Group Ltd.

“A red spectrum light is often used. Normally the facility would have blackout blinds that come down at night, and will in the future block that glow.”

The federal member for Mallee, Dr Anne Webster, was driving home in the dark when she noticed the smouldering pink light.

“I thought that is weird. There is no city out there … What is it?” she said.

“When I understood the Cann processing site is there – but it still was the first time I’ve seen that pink glow. It was quite strange.”

Cann Group Ltd was the first Australian company to secure licences for cannabis cultivation for medicinal and research purposes.

On 7 July, its Mildura facility received its GMP licence to cultivate and supply a wide range of medicinal cannabis products in-house after acquiring the site in 2019. It gathered its first commercial harvest of crops in June.

Webster said it was “quite an exciting site”. Due to the nature of its business, however, it has a secret location and isn’t open to the public.

“Propagation of cannabis is really interesting and the way they use lights … to increase the growth cycle and speed up the whole process is quite amazing,” she said.

“I look forward to many other innovative producers coming to the region and bringing their glows with them.”

Across Mildura and surrounding towns, people flocked to their backyards and front porches to photograph the spectral glow.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/jul/21/pink-sky-mildura-victoria-australia-medicinal-cannabis-marijuana-plant
https://twitter.com/sarah_tomlinson/status/1549381096587964416?

moose eater

The four plants in the test run are all coming along quite nicely. The 3 Soul Mate vary a bit between them re. their scents, while the 1 Space Cake, with nothing next to it from that pack to compare it to, has an increasingly skunk-hash plant smell to it. A classic odiferousness, for sure. The 3 Soul Mate have a floral smell that I can't describe adequately, other than something like varying degrees of amplified lavendar, pungent roses, and I don't know what else. Very nice nose on them, but especially 1 of the 3.

I worry a bit when they start putting out noteworthy terpenes and visible trichomes early in bloom, as it sometimes indicates an excess in nutes.... which I've been known to be guilty of doing a time or four. They're some place into the third week of 12:12 (I think), maybe tack on a half-week or so to that guesstimate. (*One day I'll be more thorough about marking the switch dates on the calendars.. or not).

Anyway, I'm out the door shortly to hook up a 4-wheeler to a boat trailer and build a suitably sized pile of dunnage behind the boat, so I can place a large polymer trash or storage vessel there of some sort, filled with H2O, to allow me torun the nmotors, to assess if everything is Okey-dokey on the motors... for now, anyway.

I move a lot slower these days.

All the 'missing' packages are now seemingly accounted for, to include the cash in the USPS Priority Mail flat-rate envelope that was sent to another forum member's residence to help with their rent. Though that particular package apparently took a 2-1/2 week detour and vacaton to who knows where, other than the next time it was scanned it was leaving south Florida!! (*A location at the opposite end of the Country from where it was sent from or where it was sent to. Creative shipping, I guess). :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts