What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Might be a good day to stay inside . . .

smoke.jpg

Smoke Forecast

And if you follow the link to the cool moving smoke map you will notice that our maps don't cut off at our southern border . . . ;)

moose eater

Sockeye salmon (reds) drying via one of several traditional Native ways in Bethel, Alaska.

If done in long thin strips, about 1/4" wide or so, maybe 3/8" wide, shoulder to tail, and hung in a 'cold smoke' situation for days after a brief salt brine with no sugar or spicing (traditional Native brine), just rock salt, they make strips that are nearly as good as traditional king salmon strips. Literally currency in the bush as well as in town, albeit a gray market, legally speaking.

One of the most addictive products I've ever had the joy of possessing in quantity, and I can attest to the hazards of driving down the road on a long trip with 5-7 lbs. of such things in neat strips in bags next to the driver. It guarantees that wherever you're going, you'll arrive with a shiny steering wheel, glowing slightly orange from the omega-3 fats, with amazing grease on your face and hands, and a big smile and belly.

But don't sleep outdoors in bear country when you're in that condition.

1687981847717.png

buzzmobile

Veteran
The life ring is a good touch. One can never be too safe.
I was pretty secure at my old home. My apartment looked out over the parade grounds and the window in the bathroom had a view of the Cumberland Sound.
old home 1.jpg

I kept the Rodman loaded with giant marshmallows. I bounced one off of the sail of a boomer headed out to sea from Kings Bay one morning.

1688553231651.png

Those were the daze.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
fuck this, i'm ready for winter! spent the last week moving furniture and ripping up carpet. then, after watching the pros put the new stuff in, i had to move about three tons of furniture BACK in the house. worked on two different boats while the carpet folks were here, planted some sprouted tater eyes, whistlepig proofed some tomato plants, cleaned my hummingbird feeders (little bastards FINALLY showed up), hauled off enough books to restock the burned library at Alexandria, and did the same with more magazines than i knew i had ever bought ! THEN...as i sat down to relax, i get hit with "we" (I) need to clean out the carport closet, the basement laundry room, AND the attic so my wife can sit in the fucking shade and have a yard sale, and keep the damn money. now i understand why a buddy says "if i'd killed her ass the day after i married her, i'd be out of jail by now..." :devilish:

buzzmobile

Veteran
fuck this, i'm ready for winter! spent the last week moving furniture and ripping up carpet. then, after watching the pros put the new stuff in, i had to move about three tons of furniture BACK in the house. worked on two different boats while the carpet folks were here, planted some sprouted tater eyes, whistlepig proofed some tomato plants, cleaned my hummingbird feeders (little bastards FINALLY showed up), hauled off enough books to restock the burned library at Alexandria, and did the same with more magazines than i knew i had ever bought ! THEN...as i sat down to relax, i get hit with "we" (I) need to clean out the carport closet, the basement laundry room, AND the attic so my wife can sit in the fucking shade and have a yard sale, and keep the damn money. now i understand why a buddy says "if i'd killed her ass the day after i married her, i'd be out of jail by now..." :devilish:
'Bout time you did something 'round here.

Did you chuck any wood while you rested?

Summer sucks.

Ca++

In the latest competition, strawberries grown by AI, yielded 200% more than professional growers. Up from about 170% more last round.

The AI uses cameras to look for problems people are missing. Using UV they can see and treat spores. They can size up the fruit and leaves, looking at the precise colour of each. Deciding on the exact nutrient levels. While the lighting and AC can respond in real time. Meeting the DLI requirements, even as individual clouds pass.

Of all that, I wonder if we could use tech to spot spores before growth gets a hold. I got someone a UV torch like crime scene people have, and it lit up their bathroom disturbingly. Like a white T-shirt at the club, that you felt sure had been washed, but shows yesterdays dinner down the front.

I should of thought this through before typing.
iu

Ca++

I wonder if the pesticide and herbicide levels are comparable.
I guess not. Either program will have both preventative and reactive applications. Of the AI yield, 65% of it is extra, that the professionals didn't get. At least some of which, is through reactive pest treatments.

On a brighter note.
iu

The Wolfsburg garden bridge. From a 2020 exhibition. Watch for drips.