What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

moose eater

funny moose was gonna post bout getting a goat and fencing the lawn in
Haven't had goats since 1977, but they're the preferred go-to for lawn care and dairy products when in need, in my opinion.

Many early 5:30 AM mornings spent with a nanny goat on a milking stand in the barn, and me sitting on an inverted 5-gallon bucket, listening to the sound of the spray from the goat's tits hitting the stainless steel milk bucket, stoned to the bone from the 5:00 AM Colombian joints and percolated coffee in the cabin, resting my forehead on the side of a mellow nanny goat's belly as I gathered milk and they ate their grain and oats from the feed tray of the milking stand.

Bush hippie meditation.

Those were incredibly calming moments in farming memory.

But as I said earlier, stay away from billies. If you need one for breeding, rent one. They're often a HUGE pain in the ass.

-------------------------------------------------------

Just brought up 2 more 4-wheeler trailers of white spruce from the lower property. 2 HUGE 4' pieces on each load were from a huge ant-riddled white spruce blow-down the wind gifted to us last year or so, from which the 4' sections are still quite solid, down to where the ants had eaten the core at the base area.

Nearly gathered another cord of spruce now in that tarped pile.

My back is angry, and my wife is demanding a longer break than I have time for, as the clouds are moving in, and I'm embarrassed that the winter Blizzaks are still on my truck and my RAV4. So, in a moment, and maybe one beer from now, I'm headed to the barn to load 2 mounted tires and rims at a time into the same 4-wheeler trailer and run them down to my truck, then I can lay in the silt for a while and grunt a lot.

I'm getting too slow and decrepit to keep doing this, but I've still got a pulse and the tires still need changed over, just like the wood in the bowl below the house needs gathered up.

My youngest son who promised during his speedy departure and expression of full-of-himself attitude is nowhere to be seen when these things are done these days.

Karma may catch him unawares before I do.

Last edited:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
check it out moose i dont have to buy a goat any time soon. see that black tab in the middle it musta vibrated loose one side wasnt engaging i thought i cooked sumthin with the low hydraulic oil. lawn was thick she bogged down in a few spots powered through it tho
IMG_20230611_132606.jpg

moose eater

I ran ads for all sorts of stuff in the local craigslist.

Each ad specified that business would be conducted exclusively via voice communication over a working telephone, and any replies via other modalities would need to include a name and a working phone number.

Avoids the scammers who are harvesting cell phone numbers, etc.

The number of folks in this country who seem to be illiterate, or simply don't or can't follow instructions, is bothersome.

We see folks on these boards at times who have a distinctly difficult time with basic interpretation of what is often their first language. Compared to some on the craigslist system, they are scholars.

My thoughts include this; if you're licensed to drive you are mandated to be competent in reading your own language... or at least SOME sort of language, shy of Pig Latin. Many of our signs not in symbol format are indeed written in language, often English. What are you doing on the road driving, if you're unable to read the fucking signs??

There's my rant for my wedding anniversary morning. Or, at least, a part of it. There were other complaints about the average human, but those may require a second mini chapter.

Last edited:

moose eater

Happy anniversary to you and you missus, moose.

And I agree with your rant. I am in a bilingual country and well, that's another big pile of crap to deal with. We have two languages - pick one!
I don't mind the multiplicity of language, and even learned more French via the dual language labeling in the Yukon Territory and other areas of Canada than I did in 2 years of French in high school and junior high/middle school.
When I can't figure out what something says in another language, it's often the case that my wife and I can piece it together somehow... even if we have to resort to Google, etc.

I just wish people would read the information posted plainly in the actual ad and stop sending me messsages that clearly defy or ignore the instructions.

I actually refuse to sell to such miscreants, even if selling the item was the primary goal, as I simply refuse to deal with assholes.

Ca++

Still can't find this thread, searching for 'random' in thread titles. It's boggling me. It has to be the unfathomable order the results are presented in.

Osram have a Red LED with 76% efficiency. That's driving it at about 1.3w to get 4.16umol/w. It can manage 84% efficiency, driven at about half a watt. Comparatively, the lm301 is a 0.2w package to get ~3umol, but is generally driven to 0.5w where it doesn't do so well. It's quite a gap between them.

moose eater

deer mr mooseeater
Eye hop this texttes is OK. I juana bye everthing that Craig give to you. My fone batry is ded to tok on. I am on charge so plees call.

Jenny
867-5309.
I'd reply more formally via a phone call, Jenny, but you gave no area code.

Meanwhile, as your battery charges, I might recommend some night school classes.
Either in English, grammar, English grammar, or just stick figures in modern communication.

Maybe toss in a 100-level elective course of 'Getting a point across in an illiterate society.'

Best of luck to you. Hoping if you have any, your kids have at least 1 eye and more than 3 teeth.

By the way, all the spruce firewood is currently sold. Sorry.

moose eater

Why, yes I do.

I pyn for boat motors that never need fixed, wheeler tires that never go flat, respectful children who remember how they got here and how they got what they have, and for neighbors who actually recognize the quasi-sovereignty of a legal property boundary.

But alas, I have no pyn wood for burning.

That trie grows a fair bit south and/or east of us, 'spesh-ly in the Yucon Terrytory. Also some in SE Alaska.

Good luck to you.

Did I do OK on my translations? To reply to that single survey question, please dial 1-800-LITERACY.

Latest posts

Latest posts