What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

experienced

By the way, even in the 'immediate perceptions' category, F. lee Baily did an experiment in front of a live audience years ago. He had a person run behind him while he was on stage and the person screamed something as the person ran behind him.

They went into the audience and asked audience members what the person had said/done.
The majority of the audience member witnesses swore the person had threatened Mr. Baily.

in fact, what the person had yelled was something to the effect of, "I'm going to fill you with love."

That experiment and others have been used to show that 75% of eye-witness testimony is erroneous, even in current time, let alone 40-50 years prior.

Then there's those of us who spent decades either gifted or cursed with amazingly accurate memories, the likes of which frighten the hell out of those near us. Just ask my wife, even though mine is FINALLY starting to become, as she says, like a normal human's.

And trust me, there were many years that the handicap or burden of an extra-accurate memory was apparent to me. And over those years, some told me I should write a book (sometimes maybe as a polite way of telling me to shut up), and I would reply to them that if I were to ever write such a book, there'd be numerous people who wanted me dead.

Another downside of a really good memory... especially after over a half-century in the black markets.
No doubt you were born under the sign of Aquarius ...

experienced

i watched a meteorite go in on a mountain less than a mile from here a few years back about three AM. never showed up in news, nothing. if metallic, could fund a nice retirement plan. unfortunately, no (legal) way to search for/recover it. make one hell of a door stop though...
Huh. Reading the stuff here about memory leaves m e thinking you only thought you did Mr Hippie.

moose eater

No doubt you were born under the sign of Aquarius ...
Nope, born a dead blue baby on July 5 and revived by a French Philippine Doc who apparently thought he knew better than the Cosmos at that time. Likely would've been born July 4th, but for the complications.

As it was, lots of relatives thought it humorous to send me spent firecrackers in birthday cards. Meaning was lost on me, other than I didn't get to light the buggers. I saw little humor or 'cuteness' in it.

In other words, though, I'm a Cancer. Now with cancer. (Consistency matters, I guess).

A water baby. A lunar water baby, to be more precise.

Howled at the moon many times, sometimes while on the water. Sometimes on frozen water.

An LSD experience on the Tanana River in winter, most of 40 years ago or more comes to mind... Howling at the moon and realizing the ice we were on was thin enough to hear the river water running underneath us. Filed under the experiential header of 'trippy shit'.

If you'd put in a good word to anyone doing star charts or zodiac/birth sign predictions, I'd appreciate it. Anyone dabbling in Cosmic safeguards or related positive outcomes is welcome for dinner,.... or lunch... or breakfast... or just to visit.

Last edited:

moose eater

Stone Temple Pilots are playing Fairbanks the end of July.

Blues Traveler is playing the Tanana Valley State Fair in Fairbanks in August.

Time warp, and maybe events calling for some stout LSD.

Might have to break out my extra fancy P-100 GVS masks and brave the hordes of urbanian homo-sapiens; maybe carry an extra-large cannister of bear spray to better define my own personal space.

Between the masks and a large hat, I'll bet no one will even see me. And I can wear camo. That ought to help immensely.

Last edited:

moose eater

does the bear spray have a higher or lower % of the capsaicin in it than regular pepper spray? been wondering...:whistling: i figure PETA is trying to protect the bears.
I don't know.

The can's bigger, so what might be lacking in potency can be made up for in volume. Like with Mexican brick weed years ago, in many cases.

I recall the defensive pepper spray that was sold for folks to carry (size small cannisters) was less potent than what LE carried on their utility or duty belts.

I have 3 canisters of 'newer' bear spray here in elastic belt holsters at the moment, most of it at least a couple years old (yes, they put best-by dates on the stuff). Another way older canister with no belt holster in a different color can.

My joke for years was that they're basically condiments for bears. Who doesn't like some Tapatio Sauce on their steak tartar?

Last edited:

moose eater

1684777684978.png

moose eater

Goddamned immigrants, anyway!!!!

Possum that hitched a ride aboard a container on a ship or barge into Homer, Alaska, becoming disorderly and biting a cop when the cop 'arrested' it, will be spared euthanasia after all.

Since when are cops suffering an assault so forgiving? I wanted to see video of the cop tasing and beating the thing with a night stick!! Maybe putting the cuffs on way too tight!!

I want my money back!!

moose eater

I just sold a fat cord of 1- and 2-year-old spruce wood in 4-foot lengths to a very polite aging Russian fellow and his son.

We briefly talked about the shy cords the thieving firewood vendors in town sometimes sell, where a cord is a half-cord or so if a person is lucky. I told them that whether a person is selling cannabis or firewood, fairness and honesty means fewer people will talk shit about you when you die. As I told my kids when I was raising them, "Your name is on everything you do. And there'll be enough people to talk trash about you when you leave this world, no matter what you do, so it's best not to give them free ammunition."

The older gent had left Russia after the conversion to their earlier effort toward capitalism, when the Country was hurting horribly (I knew people from Magadan, which was a sister city to Valdez, Alaska back then).

His 20-something y.o. son was born in Western Europe, but they both spoke several languages, including a dialect of Russian and fluent English as well.

I sold them a nice fat cord of the 4-footers, knowingly over-sized, for a price I already knew was way below market, but I'm not in shape at the moment to cut them into 16" pieces or split them, so we all scored a deal in my view of things.

I then showed them the various stacks of free aspen on the lower end of the property that's been downed for 1-2 years, and they'll take that after their 3rd load of spruce wood this evening, and maybe tomorrow or so they'll finish up by snagging the remainder of any usable or burnable aspen...

It was a pleasure doing business with knowledgeable, appreciative, hard-working, worldly people, and sharing stories of places we've both been, as well as briefly acknowledging the hardships their homeland endured during that painful transition, when food in the smaller rural villages was sometimes practically non-existent.

Now I need to go charge the batteries for my 4-wheelers, so I don't have to tote my chainsaws and peevey down there to cut the larger aspen into manageable size pieces for them.

It's a good day when one finds greater purpose.

moose eater

Benzinga reports that researchers at Johns-Hopkins placed octopi into MDMA-laced water and the octopi essentially hugged each other.

Not making this up.

I would add, however, that if the octopi in reference begin attending Burning Man, someone's going to need to bring an AWFUL LOT of water to that desert.

moose eater

A 4-year-old girl recently died while in the custody of Immigration and Naturalization/Border Patrol, when they waited too long to take her in for medical attention. She had been bleeding from her mouth (likely internal, exiting the mouth) by the time they took her for professional medical help.

Civilized Nation, right?

I'm headed to bed. My gut's fucked up and I've been dizzy all morning and afternoon in ways not typical for me. Maybe a half of a decent joint, a glass of RO H2O, and some sleep. BUt something's off for sure; whether spine/central nervous system, vascular, glucose, cancer, or who knows?