What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
If you haven't done so, look into the concept of 'state-specific memory.'
So, there is some clinical credibility to a memory of an event that is experienced while you are under the influence of an intoxicant, which can best be recalled when you are intoxicated. Interesting.
What started my pondering was all of the razor sharp memories guys claim in various threads here, where they can recall the look, smell, taste, and quality of a strain that they had once in 1983 etc. While one can accurately point at state-dependent memory as proof it is possible, I still think that there is a huge amount of I-can-pee-further enhancement occurring as well. And you have to factor in the time and place enhancement that can occur when you get higher than you normally would be because you are in a situation when you shouldn't be. Like that time in Grade 10 Chemistry class when Jim and I smoked that bag weed on lunch break . . .:rasta:

I will admit that my memory tends to be only good to average for most things but freakishly good when it comes to places. I have been called a human gps more than once in my life.

moose eater

So, there is some clinical credibility to a memory of an event that is experienced while you are under the influence of an intoxicant, which can best be recalled when you are intoxicated. Interesting.
What started my pondering was all of the razor sharp memories guys claim in various threads here, where they can recall the look, smell, taste, and quality of a strain that they had once in 1983 etc. While one can accurately point at state-dependent memory as proof it is possible, I still think that there is a huge amount of I-can-pee-further enhancement occurring as well. And you have to factor in the time and place enhancement that can occur when you get higher than you normally would be because you are in a situation when you shouldn't be. Like that time in Grade 10 Chemistry class when Jim and I smoked that bag weed on lunch break . . .:rasta:

I will admit that my memory tends to be only good to average for most things but freakishly good when it comes to places. I have been called a human gps more than once in my life.
My memory was, as stated earlier, frighteningly sharp; faces, occurrences, places, weights, sometimes dates, years, etc. Even when imbibing.

I could often retell a conversation, who said what, in reaction to what/who, who was sitting where, etc. To the point my wife and others accused me of being superhuman. Or in some cases, denying the accuracy of my retelling, in the cases of a couple specific people, ironically involving incidents wherein, for the life of me, I couldn't fathom why they were embarrassed or felt the need for denial in consideration of the relative innocence of the situation being recalled.

But my memory, likely as a result of stressors, age, depression, medication, and more, is sometimes finding glitches it didn't use to experience.

Even sometimes 'graying out' on names I've known for 40+ years, which I find INCREDIBLY frustrating... and sometimes worrisome.

For years, decades even, and still mostly to this day, I can recall telephone numbers, some of which I haven't dialed in over 30 years. A Rain Man phenomenon with some numbers.

But "parts is parts", and they all get old and worn, sometimes as an added feature to ensuing conditions or variables as listed above.

Always keep in mind the often-undeserved credit and believability given to 'eye-witness testimony' and the somewhat proven assertion that it's literally 75% erroneous and can be influenced or affected by all sorts of issues, to include surprise or unexpected occurrences, adrenaline, etc., and the fact that despite these flaws in such testimony, it's often the nail in the proverbial coffin in court cases/witness testimony. A bit frightening, really.

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
By the way, even in the 'immediate perceptions' category, F. lee Baily did an experiment in front of a live audience years ago. He had a person run behind him while he was on stage and the person screamed something as the person ran behind him.

They went into the audience and asked audience members what the person had said/done.
The majority of the audience member witnesses swore the person had threatened Mr. Baily.

in fact, what the person had yelled was something to the effect of, "I'm going to fill you with love."

That experiment and others have been used to show that 75% of eye-witness testimony is erroneous, even in current time, let alone 40-50 years prior.

Then there's those of us who spent decades either gifted or cursed with amazingly accurate memories, the likes of which frighten the hell out of those near us. Just ask my wife, even though mine is FINALLY starting to become, as she says, like a normal human's.

And trust me, there were many years that the handicap or burden of an extra-accurate memory was apparent to me. And over those years, some told me I should write a book (sometimes maybe as a polite way of telling me to shut up), and I would reply to them that if I were to ever write such a book, there'd be numerous people who wanted me dead.

Another downside of a really good memory... especially after over a half-century in the black markets.
You should write a book.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Sometimes the stars align and a real personal ambition/goal/desire is realized. It doesn’t really matter how momentous it is. In fact the smaller ones – the really personal ones – may be the most important. I am not talking about a big paycheck or something that involves $s. I’m talking about the pure satisfaction that comes when something you aimed for works through your efforts, your hope, a karma cache or simple blind luck. I just reached one and I am smiling. And enjoying. ;)

buzzmobile

Veteran
Who's the babe giggling in the GIF, buzz.

I think I'm in love.

Would she tolerate a partially functional older man?
I believe she is a Lass from the British Baking Show. She is a lover who understands. She says 'tee hee' behind her hand constantly so I want you to be aware of that cuteness.

She wants you to know she is partial to a partially functional older man. She tee hees a few times and you'll be good to go and fully functional.

moose eater

I believe she is a Lass from the British Baking Show. She is a lover who understands. She says 'tee hee' behind her hand constantly so I want you to be aware of that cuteness.

She wants you to know she is partial to a partially functional older man. She tee hees a few times and you'll be good to go and fully functional.
I think I'm half-way functional already, just looking at her GIF!!!

I may have to put her on a mobile video loop of some sort and take her with me everywhere I go.

Will she be up for that?

moose eater

I just busted open one of several, frozen and sealed qp's of California Indica from last June.

She was my 25-yr.-old plant (clone to clone to clone) from the seeds I'd brought back form A-Dam, and which I recently (???) killed. Was it recently? Fuck! Who knows anymore?

Anyway, a family member had requested something of another already open, in my opinion, superior item, my Goji OG.

I didn't like the way the bag looked, as it was from near the bottom of a qp, though it was over from what they'd requested, and thus I took the shears to the CI from Dronkers' Sensi Seeds in '97.

My wife and I smoked just under a half of a fat doobie from one Zig Zag white (the thinnest papers they make under that wrapper). And even with one paper of that petite sort, I can roll a fat joint, but I digress.... 'cause I'm stoned on the subject matter of this novella.

I strongly suspect that cannabis users possess a more prevalent sense of tangentiality at times in their thought and communication patterns. Maybe actions too.

I asked her how the smoke was, as I'd tossed in a heavy 1/8, gratis for the other family member, as I felt badly about the presentation of the other. So, I'd sent along a compensatory Defacto apology. Happy people are better people in all sorts of ways. Still trying to be a better person myself, but not always succeeding.

So I wanted to have a third-party's opinion on the quality. Mind you, we've both, my wife and I, been exhausted by and with life of late. :)

She replied very softly, "I don't know, I feel like my head's being squeezed, and I can't think."

So, I'm assuming that in the sometimes non-directly spoken, paraverbal, nonverbal world we live in at times, that was essentially my answer.

CI was a stable plant, and numerous times I kept seeds from the first generation of a product of stress flowers, so, they're guaranteed female seeds, and stable enough to withstand a 1st or possibly even 2nd generation of selfed seed without the notorious accelerated genetic drift, hastened instability and progressively greater tendency to throw stress flowers. I know she's stable enough to withstand the 1st generation of selfed seeds and using those offspring of stable clones for decades, because that's what I've had for the last 25 years.

Anyway, after that joint, the remainder (1/2+ to 2/3 of a fat joint) now sitting on the table, I think it's a good thing that I still have some 1st-generation selfed seeds from her. She was once the only thing I grew, she was productive, and she put off gobs of trichomes when she was really happy, like, obscene amounts at times, that made sieved, pressed hashish that was nearly identical in most or all ways to the old school blonde Lebanese. But with a melt.

Nonetheless, I suspect I'll give her a hiatus, should I ever actually get back to growing her again at all, all things considered. But I have that option via my seeds, and I'd say she's pretty darned nice, and likely deserving.

Edit: My wife added that "there's a sort of hallucinogenic effect, and she feels like it's pushing on her.." Not sure. She says similar about a number of my strains. And after the years and whatnot, my views are admittedly perhaps more subjective than the average people, but I like it.

Last edited:

moose eater

And after all of that, how about this!!

From a depth approaching or sometimes exceeding 25,000 ft. beneath the ocean's surface!!!
The questions remain; does it taste like chicken? Is it a fishy-tasting fish, or like halibut or ling cod? And how much per lb. is it at the fresh fish market?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
well, i don't eat snails, and that snailfish isn't much more appetizing looking to be honest. how many 330 yard spools of Trilene or Stren would it take to get a bait down that deep, anyway? lessee here, 25,000 divided by nearly a thousand (990) so 26 spools at least. fuck, i'd die of old age waiting on my bait to get down there... and FUCK reeling it all back in. imagine how pissed you'd be if one stole your bait and you had to start all over...:wallbash:

moose eater

Garlic and butter is the key. Just don't chew. I think oysters are disgusting as well but char-broiling with garlic, butter and breadcrumbs turns them into real tasty food rather than snot.
With a tiny bit per each snail of a nice chewy baguette with wonderfully crispy exterior, and the snails not over-cooked, preferably with the garlic infused into the butter.

MMMMMMMM!!!!!

moose eater

well, i don't eat snails, and that snailfish isn't much more appetizing looking to be honest. how many 330 yard spools of Trilene or Stren would it take to get a bait down that deep, anyway? lessee here, 25,000 divided by nearly a thousand (990) so 26 spools at least. fuck, i'd die of old age waiting on my bait to get down there... and FUCK reeling it all back in. imagine how pissed you'd be if one stole your bait and you had to start all over...:wallbash:
I typically use 30-lb. to 50-lb. braid for large lake trout and sharp ice edges, and it's small enough in diameter that I just leave it on my rods and reels for other fish too (50-lb. braid being about the same diameter as 12-lb. monofilament :) ), but yeah, and the size of the reel to hold that much line? Likely require a rod support on the rails to hold it up,. That's a lot of line.

I'd do the calculations on weight of that amount of line, but it's still early in my day... There's coffee, supplements, Rx pills, breakfast, and insulting rednecks on the news forums... All of that takes priority.

moose eater

Garlic and butter is the key. Just don't chew. I think oysters are disgusting as well but char-broiling with garlic, butter and breadcrumbs turns them into real tasty food rather than snot.
The oysters either need to be left alone and raw, with just an ample squeeze of fresh lemon and maybe a tiny spot of good red hot pepper sauce, like Tapatio, or to be dredged in seasoned whole wheat flour, then egg and milk wash with a touch of lemon and lime as well as some seasonings of choice, and then good whole wheat breadcrumbs for the final layer before deep-frying. Not healthy, but spectacular as solid almost-healthy munchies go.

If eating the oysters raw on the half-shell with the hot sauce and a minor lemon drizzle, then a side of fresh good quality Ceasar salad and some deep-fried calamari rings makes the whole thing one of the healthier tastiest meals I know of.

Had that combination numerous times over, and never been disappointed.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I have suffered through a few raw but then a customer introduced me to Drago's in Metairie and he insisted that I have a dozen of their charbroiled oysters as an appetizer. Despite my misgivings, we each got a dozen and I have been a convert ever since.

experienced

Saw this the other day. 2 fishermen spotted something floating in the river and investigated.

The large object they'd seen from a distance was just the hind leg of a dead croc. The entire length of the critter measured 5.4 meters!! A giant croc..

https://au.news.yahoo.com/monster-5...81TuQJfVnE_h9Dn8vJpa4IEtJ35ZKAMZXgKiMazvxuxFt
I see this is from Oz. Taking humans happens fairly regularly in northern Oz. A guy got taken the other day despite warnings being posted everywhere. The Locals knew pretty well which of two Crocs did the job and subsequently human remains were found in a Croc's stomach.

The Indigenous in northern Oz may have the Crocodile as their Totem. I saw on tele a shot of two Indigenous resting on a beach in Northern Australia. One guy standing, the other guy sitting on a rock and a very much alive four meter crocodile lying on the sand beside them. Mind the you, the guys were positioned so they could run like hell if the Croc moved.

In another part of northern Oz I spoke to an Indigenous man (Brian I wish I knew where you lived these days!) whose Grandfather would hatch a select crocodile egg under his armpit. The point was to grow a Croc which would not attack humans because it recognised their smell. Presumably it was cool to kill other Crocs but not the human hatched one

These people were so cool about Crocs kids would paddle across the Bloomfield River to school with Crocs trailing their canoe. No canoes were ever upturned.