What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
try not to stab yourself dead center in the palm of your hand with a phillips head screwdriver...cut myself with a hacksaw once. THAT hurt too...:redface:

I had a buddy that tried to start his Olds with a screwdriver and slammed it through his hand as it slipped beneath the column.

He woke up a short time later and pulled it out, noting the considerable puddle of blood that has quickly accumulated.

After that, I faced only one time I had the need to start a car without a key... and I took the time to hotwire the damn thing.

I have hurt myself enough and would rather not at this point.

It seems like the entire "work smarter, not harder" mindset grows facets and layers as one ages... should one be paying attention.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I suppose I was more than lucky I listened to my cousin as carefully as I did.

I don't know what I would do with a push button start.

I'd probably feel like a Gen Z kid carjacker staring at a stick shift.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I remember having issues understanding why I had to keep wires connected and touch others but somehow keep them separate....

If it ever happens that I find myself in that situation I don't have to twist or touch wires and regret my actions while ordering a new wiring harness nor do I have to sprout a hemorrhoid or blow a stent.

We have Uber now.

moose eater

I am delighted to announce that I used power tools today . . . and . . . I did not injure myself. Yes, I wielded my jigsaw, my coveted cordless sawzall and the deadly and terrifying skilsaw and absolutely no blood was shed. Of course, truth be told, I don’t need power tools to injure myself and I can easily hurt myself - and probably have - with almost any tool. :rasta:
So.. How does the neighbor's fence look now?

Three Berries

I am delighted to announce that I used power tools today . . . and . . . I did not injure myself. Yes, I wielded my jigsaw, my coveted cordless sawzall and the deadly and terrifying skilsaw and absolutely no blood was shed. Of course, truth be told, I don’t need power tools to injure myself and I can easily hurt myself - and probably have - with almost any tool. :rasta:
I've got a small handheld Bosch reciprocating saw. The best outdoor pruner or handy to have metal saw I've ever had. Battery last about as long as I do too.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I just started going through the instructions for the new 'ROC' (ride on cover) for the new 2023 Ski-Doo Skandic Wide-Track 600R ETEC.

Holy SHIT!!

Just to confirm the correct part #, required I-don't-know-how-long on the internet, and 2 long-distance phone calls.

Then NINE FUCKING PAGES of instructions that had to be found at a web page that required part number and descriptions to locate them!!!! ...when I was initially looking to confirm the part # to begin with!!

It's a trailering cover for a snowmobile, fer' fuck's sake!! Not a Rubix Cube or a space shuttle thruster diagram!!

Someone needs to take the cocaine supply away from the engineers, and demand they get at least 7-8 hours of sleep at night as an employment mandate, just to keep them from victimizing us with this shit!!

This shit's obviously the product of a circular trap in one's mind, like a skipping needle on a record, where chasing a non-existent problem ends up taking precedent over the original task.. over and over.. like Ground Hog's day goes to a horror movie theme.

Been there and done that, so I can recognize the fruits. But CHRIST!!

Who ever thought one would need to hire a consultant to overcome the functions of a fucking snowmobile cover?

We used to buy my preferred Dow Black Knight/Guardian, heavy cotton-canvas covers, sew some seat-belt webbing with backer and quick-clips (buckles) onto the area near the ski suspension to keep the things in place in 70-mph winds on the trailers, and call it good. Worked for years. But I can't find them online any more.

I want my mommy. Wait.. No I don't. She'd just ridicule me for being an idiot.

Maybe I can just score some good coke and invite the Bombardier engineers over? At the bare minimum, I could at least enjoy the same circular, unending thought process they're clearly enjoying.

Proficiency and convenience aren't always proficient or convenient. The primary lessons of the computer age.
1678548232967.png

LOL
Give it hell, @moose eater .

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Well . . . you know when you are drilling through a piece of wood and you need to know when the bill hits the other side? So you put your finger there to just feel it coming through? Never do this on a ladder. And never do this with brand new super duper wood bits. I put a hole halfway through my middle finger. The end of my finger is still a touch numb 25 years later but most of the feeling came back.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
try not to stab yourself dead center in the palm of your hand with a phillips head screwdriver...cut myself with a hacksaw once. THAT hurt too...:redface:

Screwdriver stab - many times. I prefer to cut myself with a crosscut handsaw but I think that I have managed it with a hack saw. Any pliers - needle nose, side cutters etc etc will pinch me sooner or later. My loved ones think that it is comical. :rasta:

Ca++

I got a 2" half round router bit from China. So that's a little over 4" of router bit. It just happened, that the base of my router won't take one so big. So I got a collet extension, and built up the deck. It all aligns nice. So... who want's to buy it, because I'm not standing beside that thing.

In other news, this slow paced, mouse only, golf games quite good.

moose eater

Well . . . you know when you are drilling through a piece of wood and you need to know when the bill hits the other side? So you put your finger there to just feel it coming through? Never do this on a ladder. And never do this with brand new super duper wood bits. I put a hole halfway through my middle finger. The end of my finger is still a touch numb 25 years later but most of the feeling came back.
The Tim Taylor handyman trick is to put a small second piece of wood on the back-side of the piece you're drilling, and save those digits for the next time you get a chance to improve the neighbor's fence while they're away. :)

moose eater

I used my wife's tree loppers to take down a rather stoutly stalked Satori # 2 the other day. Beat the heck out of industrial scissors. And I still have all my digits.

There was a time that I was snipping a bundle of shwagg stalks (one plant, many stalks) and was stoned to the bone, using some LARGE rubber handled, very sharp scissors, with the blades of the shears running parallel to my fingers.

I felt the pressure of the blades, and for some reason, likely related to frame of mind and perceptual reality, kept applying pressure to the handles of the scissors.

An injury resulted that I'll spare you the description of, but I think maybe it was me from a former life, trying to re-acquire the lobster claws I might've once sported in prehistoric days.

Last edited:

moose eater

Just went through the freezer for a friend, and found at least 1 qp of Soul Mate. Probably another one sealed in there, as well. Maybe even more.

Which is quite cool, as she was the first plant I fucked up with in years, not cloning her in time, thus losing 4 relatively identical mothers I'd popped from Bodhi's seeds.

Rolled a doobie of her from a bud I'd recently found in my night stand from a trip this last (later) Summer, which had, by itself, been sitting out, unsealed, not refrigerated, & unattended, & it was stellar stuff.

Also found the bulk of a soft ball of Canadian commercial hash (likely made from an extract combined with under-powered kief and sold as a soft "seived hash", which was bullshit), and when I asked the counter help at the dispensary in Whitehorse, they denied knowing of any such process or product in their wares, though @tobedetermined and I had both acquired commercial dispensary hash in Canada that was -clearly- the reuslt of this process..

Anyway, the friend had asked for another friend that I provide some hashish with some of my more recent harvests of flowers that had been sealed properly in the freezers since shortly after the clipping and drying. So I also threw in a small chunk of my own seived hash from the glands resulting cumulatievly from the 3 or 4 strains that harvest consisted of.

Friends in the Yukon Territory had sampled both my seived hash, and the soft 'seived' commercial Canadian (imposter) hash last Summer, and had concluded, hands down, that my seived hash was, by far, superior to the dispensary hash that was likely a combination of extract and a lesser grade kief.

In the end, though, the best news of the day was that when I went digging for another's benefit to share with a friend of a friend, I scored at least one, if not 2 qp's of Soul Mate in the freezer. Hell, there might even be a third qp in there!!

One of the benefits of getting older, increased stress, aging, and disease robbing the otherwise once-pin-point sharp memory, is that Christmas can occur in nearly any month, on any day, when one finds they have nice shit they didn't remember having.

Merry Christmas!!

Back to bush trip preparations!!

Last edited:

moose eater

Merry Christmas . . . or something, Moose. Enjoy your found stash. :greenstars:
Thanks!!

My wife just engaged in the standard '3-puff test', and gave the SM a 9.5+ on a 10-scale, with a very positive commentary on the Soul Mate's type of high. And she was smoking a doobie from the night stand bud I'd discovered accidentally, that had been laid out in a baggie in a drawer for about 8 months.

The opening of the qp's of Goji OG #8, California Indica, and Ghost Train Haze #1, as well as the Soul Mate, from the properly sealed and stored stuff in the freezer was incredible in olfactory presentation, and otherwise, as well.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
getting even stranger here in Tennessee. a state legislator that sponsored the "anti-trans" legislation here has been exposed on Instagram as "liking" pictures by a gay male model. this, right after our governor had HIS picture dressed in drag posted the day after he signed the "no drag show" legislation here. i don't GAFF if they dress in drag or like pictures of young gay guys, but a little bit of consistency between what you say and what you do would be "nice"... assholes probably smoke dope too, the fucking hypocrites. :biggrin: they remind me of Larry Craig, the NRA stalwart GOP pol from Idaho that had "a wide stance"...:whistling:

moose eater

getting even stranger here in Tennessee. a state legislator that sponsored the "anti-trans" legislation here has been exposed on Instagram as "liking" pictures by a gay male model. this, right after our governor had HIS picture dressed in drag posted the day after he signed the "no drag show" legislation here. i don't GAFF if they dress in drag or like pictures of young gay guys, but a little bit of consistency between what you say and what you do would be "nice"... assholes probably smoke dope too, the fucking hypocrites. :biggrin: they remind me of Larry Craig, the NRA stalwart GOP pol from Idaho that had "a wide stance"...:whistling:
Reminiscent of Jimmy Swaggert, who, after preaching every Sunday on television about the "sins of the flesh", got popped in a seedy third-rate motel with a hooker who would've required Tucker Carlson's level of creative interpretation to reference her as 'attractive.'

Or Flush Limburger (Limbaugh), who railed on the pro-drug war side of the fence, then ended up nailed with king-pin amounts of illegal opiates (per Florida Law), but unlike the average swinging dick, got an ankle bracelet on home monitor status, rather than a state minimum mandatory.

Many times the Puritans or Neo-Puritans have cried about this or that 'sin', seemingly paying an inordinate amount of attention to other peoples' vices, as though they're suffering some weird sort of voyeurism or fetish or something, only for the media to find out that, indeed, "they doeth protest too much."

I can't wait to find out about the twisted skeletons in DeSantis' closet(s), and I'll wager there's a bunch.

Me, I'm pretty open about my proclivities, spend a minimum amount of time on other peoples' chosen issues of victimless interest, and wish for the same. But I DO celebrate when the excessively self-righteous among us are caught with their skirts down.

Can I get a hallelujah?

Last edited: