What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

moose eater

Watched "Lock Up" with mom after dinner last night. Documentary show about people in prison. Been to jail/court few times back when I was younger, I have an idea how bad it sucks for people in prison and jail. I think these shows helped me not shoplift or commit any other non-marijuana crimes. I have been on my toes since I was sent to Youth Forestry Camp run by DYS in Brewster, MA at 15. If you don't do a good job you get sent to DYS custody. 1 poor dude didn't make it and flipped out and cried. I graduated and was then done with juvenile probation and suspended sentences. Eventually had my juvenile record sealed. Have to do the same with my adult record.
Youth Forestry Camp man...shit was tough and I was the only white dude but we did it. 👍
Once we trip, especially in the computer age, even with the new definition of 'sealed records', it can be difficult to gain a fresh start.

Those of us who fucked up or got snared decades ago, before the interwebs, have advantages that today's youngsters and young adults can't as readily take advantage of.

And once that LE offender's stick-em label's on your forehead, you can find yourself a target for unwanted attention sometimes, no matter how clean a person has tried to maintain being.

It can be a challenge in those regards.

I was fortunate to do my errors and getting snagged long before LEO was tied into anything more advanced than maybe a teletype, but even then, doing political battle with them at a young age led to winning battles while preparing to lose the war.

I left that region at a young age (16) when it became clear that the more I beat them in those battles, the more they would work to seriously slam-dunk me later on.

After that departure and all of its adventures, despite many close calls, I never got popped again, and that opened up advantages and opportunities for me that probably can't be found today.

But distancing yourself from those who will likely always see that label on your forehead can go a long way toward finding a new path, even in the Orwellian computer age.

Glad you're staying clear of unwanted interactions with them, and working toward having the more troublesome parts of the past sealed.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I found Freud to be an easy read and I really got to understand his ideas. But I haven't thought about it or read up on it in 15 years...
Psychoanalytic approach... Something from the person's illness relates to the desires and needs of the Id. Also superego and ego. I'm not sure why there aren't more psychiatrists and psychologists who are psychoanalytic...Freudian...maybe only the better educated ones? The more intelligent ones? Makes me think. What would Freud say about marijuana? Well Sigmund I smoke kief...often throughout the day...it must feed the id, the primal need to be high? To be high??? Can't be. Primal need to relax? Shit. Can anyone help? I'll think about this. What primal need can the marijuana I smoke be serving me?

buzzmobile

Veteran
What is this called?

P2132412.JPG

buzzmobile

Veteran
beats me. my first guess was a stylus for a cell phone. skull was to keep it from rolling if dropped. brush was to clean out around buttons. :dunno: but WTF would i know, never owned a cell...
It is a gift from my brother. He made it for me after a long hospital stay a few years ago. I came across it yesterday while cleaning up a mess.

It's a BRUSH WITH DEATH.

:D

moose eater

In anticipation of things that need done before my bush trip next month, and knowing that some of the woolen items I use most when in the bush hadn't been cleaned in years (in part due to infrequent use and delicate nature), I took the time yesterday to place a variety of woolen clothes and woolen outerwear into the washing machine on the 'delicate' setting with Woolite.

I was hesitant to place any of them in a machine and let the machine do the tumbling, for fear that any excess agitation might still cause irreversible shrinkage or worse.

But I also knew the spin cycle, no matter how delicately it functioned, would probably be better suited to extracting water than I would by simply wringing them out manually if I hand-washed them, which is what I would ordinarily do.

I air-dried all of them in the basement yesterday and this morning, on the indoor clothes line down there..

Seems they survived exceptionally well. And notably nicely soft; especially the rag wool scarf and rag wool mittens.

The heavy/thick Dutch wool military naval pants are the last remaining item to test for fitment. They were loose on me when they went in. And they're probably the least replacable and most necessary item that was cleaned yesterday. But they were likey the most in need of the cleaning.

Off to town.

Last edited:

moose eater

The wool pants didn't shrink any more than would be expected. They fit nicely, and are quite soft now, as well.

I know folks were waiting with baited breath in anticipation of that announcement, and I didn't want anyone to cancel other plans to learn of the final outcome.

-Now- I'm off to town...

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
The wool pants didn't shrink any moer than would be expercted. They fit nicely, and are quite soft now, as well.

I know folks were waiting with baited breath in anticipation of that announcement, and I didn't want anyone to cancel other plans to learn of the final outcome.

-Now- I'm off to town...
No need for layering here 50°F👍

moose eater

The motel with problematic engineering history at mile 189 of the George Parks Hwy in Alaska., It functions as a mile marker of sorts for the rest area along the East Fork of the Chulitna River, about 2 miles south of there. Otherwise it's a nice place to stop and check your oil or add fuel from jugs when the parking area is free of snow.

Any other businesses there have typically folded and went the way of the Do Do bird.

From my understanding, and an ancient grower electrician and engineer who claimed previous affiliation with the place later on, as a large grow shop(?), YEARS ago, the exterior spray foam was a very poor choice resulting in causing internal moisture issues.

But who doesn't need a 3 or 4-story igloo?

1676592350062.png