What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

VenerableHippie

My oldest child, our daughter, stopped out this evening to pick up her handgun she'd left with me not quite 2 years ago, driving nearly 600 miles after a 12-hour shift as a registered nurse.

Spoke lightly, pointedly, warmly, hotly, and most points between. Came to some conclusions about repairing the rifts that were made worse over the last couple years, as well as gaining a different perspective on the many years before that.

Being raised by a PTSD, OCD, self-determined guy whose brain never stops working, in the midst of numerous political actions, and all the while growing ganja in greater quantity, put a strain on everyone in the home. Never mind the steps that were required to bring us to that point back then.

It was good. My wife had feared our daughter was gone for good, and at times, I had sometimes hoped she was. But it looks promising for the 2 older offspring now. We'll see if there's any hope for the youngest of the three to grow a conscience regarding questionable priorities and pomposity of late.
I like to hear that! I look forward to the Wife and I re-establishing with our estranged daughter.

Green Squall

How do you process it @Green Squall ? I am still trying to refine my bubble tech.
I bought the Bubble Bag Dude set with the machine and (5) 5 gallon bags. I don't use the work bag, but instead throw the frozen material straight into washing machine along with the water and ice. After drying, I work it real good with my hand for a good while, roll it into gumball sized balls until its shiny/smooth and let cure for maybe a month.
This is what I smoke 90% of the time nowadays.

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I basically do the same. I freeze the goo for 24 hours and micro shave it onto a cookie sheet to dry - usually for 48 hours. I usually jar this as is but sometimes it clumps and then I may ball it up with a bit of heat and massaging. I am also smoking hash more often than leaf. I may start a bubble tech thread if I can get motivated.

Three Berries

Got another old power pole from the electric co. Three so far this year. I use them for erosion control on the pond bank, making terraces. Need to cut it in half and drag it off with the mower.

Three Berries

Got a sick owl out in the back yard. I think it's ate something poisoned like a mouse of chipmunk. It's not very alert and did not fly off until I got really close. Had a hawk a couple years ago and captured it, took it to a wildlife rehabber but there isn't any antidote.

Don't use D-Con if you want predator birds around. Someone in the neighborhood is.
Owl 1.jpg
Owl 2.jpg

moose eater

Starter and solenoid are in the outboard, so tomrrow I'll fire it up and see what the compression looks like in both cylinders while I'm at it.

Looked like the lower gear case fluid came down just a micron or so in the lower unit of the Suzuki 6-hp kicker, so I want to look at that -real- closely. If the output seal on that prop shaft is gone on a brand new motor, then.. that would seem to be RIGHT in line with how the other preparations for this trip have been going. Though at this rate, I ought to get there and back before moose season, and maybe JUST in time..

Time to finish packing, see if anyone on the stretch between Beaver Creek Yukon and Haines Junction Yukon might have some freshwater whitefish or ciscoe they could spare to sell for bait.

As the trip became more delayed, the menu morphed and expanded a bit. I'll be taking a small energy-star-rated upright freezer (measures about 22" to 24" square or so, and maybe 2-1/2 ft. tall. Weight of a feather or 2), a Honda 2000-watt generator, several ridiculously stout extreme/roto-molded coolers, an array of frozen ice packs that might make a dozen snowmen jealous, frozen vegetarian quiche, wild-caught sockeye salmon (though I've always believed it's bad luck to pack fish on a fishing trip, with the exception of canned kipper snacks, smoked clams, smoked oysters, fresh shell fish, bait, etc.<all of which are on-board, as well>; otherwise it seems to diminish the legitimacy of the pleas to the Cosmos and Fish Gods re. 'needing fish' and all that), NY steaks, bone-in pork loin chops, smoked pork roast slices, wild-caught shrimp, plant-based sausages, pork sausages, beef sausages, and who knows what else?

Bunches of good homemade stuff in the freezers now for this extended vacation. 'Cause it occurred to me; if I'm going alone, I don't have to cater to a youngster's school schedule, job schedule, or anything else. It further dawned on me that the food costs just shrunk by a BUNCH, I can stay as long as I want, and when I dominate the conversation in the truck or the boat, or around the campfire, no one will be offended.

Sounds like a decent perspective to hold on to. :)

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
You can easily order a jar online. Google for 'buy mad honey' and a ton of websites will pop up. Haven't tried it yet, some years ago I thought about it and found a reliable vendor in Holland. But I didn't proceed as hallucinogenic aren't my thing.

It's even sold openly on Amazon and such.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Baby deer are out with their mommas now. I saw two yesterday with momma as I was mowing. The time before a momma brought out her spotted baby as I was mowing. So cool. I just shut down, watch, and wish I had a cam.

Green Squall

Baby deer are out with their mommas now. I saw two yesterday with momma as I was mowing. The time before a momma brought out her spotted baby as I was mowing. So cool. I just shut down, watch, and wish I had a cam.
I had a momma deer and her fawn hanging around my yard about a month ago. Heard a commotion one day in the brush and the mom ran out going batshit crazy chasing a coyote. And today I saw a turkey with her chicks. Its always a pleasure to spot the local wildlife around here.

moose eater

I'd been keeping 2 separate bags of my THC-A extract in 00 capsules; mostly because sometimes it's easier to stop the plunger in the syringe when loading the caps than other times, so some end up as 'extra-large doses' and some end up lighter in volume.

The lighter weight caps are intended for the AM, and the 'WHOA!! loads' are for the evening, when getting a bit less conscious is desirable.

Some time ago there was an accident that involved lack of focus, and a few more of the lesser PM pills got put into the lighter AM pill bag, and they'll need further sorting.

But putting together pouches with AM and PM caps for the trip left me considering that I won't have my younger son or the pups with me, no clue what kind of a berry year they had around Aishihik, and summers with fewer berries correlate to periods of more unfiortunate interactions with bruins (I can ask their conservation officers in Haines Jct., perhaps), and I tend to sleep heavily on those rare occasions that I do actually sleep. So I figure this trip I need to go with lighter weight doses for both AM and PM.

This strategy -might- help me get out of bed early enough to get to the north end of the lake before the waves or thermals kick up, and if there is a pissed off predatory bear neqaby, maybe I can be conscious enough to hear them.

Water at some of the lakes I'm headed to after Aishihik is reported to be high, so getting through in some of those places, where poling through shallow narrows or paddling might be required, sounds like it's no sweat at the moment; was told I can easily draft 20 inches of water or more in the one particularly concerning place, so we should be good.

I voiced a desire to a friend over there near where I stayed in the 70s to head down Tagish Lake, maybe not quite to the BC border, and find a place to set up a camp near a nice beach, miles form nowhere, and just hang out together, drink a bit of excellent reposado tequila, maybe a bit of good craft beer, do some fires, smoke some ganja, catch some trout, maybe some whitefish or ciscoe. Maybe some burbot. No desire for northern pike.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Grizzly Man....dude got eaten. Girlfriend too. There was a scary story from Alaska I heard 10 years ago...bushplane pilot went to go pick up some campers but they weren't there. He goes back to the sea plane and a giant grizzly comes charging right where he had been standing. They found a camper's torso eventually. Cops shot it like 100 times when they went to collect body parts

moose eater

Grizzly Man....dude got eaten. Girlfriend too. There was a scary story from Alaska I heard 10 years ago...bushplane pilot went to go pick up some campers but they weren't there. He goes back to the sea plane and a giant grizzly comes charging right where he had been standing. They found a camper's torso eventually. Cops shot it like 100 times when they went to collect body parts
That was Tim Treadwell. He was from California, and maybe sometimes a southern mental health facility. The bears.... they were from Alaska.

Tim tried to make wild critters into cuddly friends. That -can- happen sometimes, but for him to pretend they were predictable and safe? That was his foolishness and naivete' acting out right there. Though even Tim T. made statements about how honored he'd be to end up bear scat (not his words, mine). So in that regard, he got his wish to honor and be honored by, "da' bears..."

The folks who live remote or semi-remote in the bush who I know, they sometimes feed whiskey jacks/gray jays bits of crust from their hands. Much safer than Tim's serendaing the bears. (Yes, he did serenade the bears... in another of his pre-mortem films. Might the bears offense have been the result of Tim's voice in song?)

I have a somewhat-larger-than-most-consider-to-be-healthy 'bear-a-noia'. So my bush trips, particularly those where I'm in tents, sometimes into bear country, often involve a bit more fragmented sleep than they normally do at home, which is already pretty broken where sleep quantity is concerned, and I've always been a bit up-tight about imbibing anything too debilitating in those circumstances where I'm trying to sleep while being somewhat alert..

So I'll likely be leaving any mushrooms, MDMA, or LSD at home, where I can afford to be more 'environmentally detached' without risking missing something important. My singing voice would probably piss them off even more than Tim's did. :)

Last edited:

moose eater

Spirit the Fox, semi-domesticated for a time. WAY out where few live, so as to not have the partial domestication result in a misinterpretation of rabies. When a critter acts overly friendly, or in a way that is different than would be tyypical of that species, and folks who aren't from that place see such behavior and don't understand the reason for the difference in typical behavior, it is easier to assume there's something wrong with an animal that doesn't behave in a typical way.

Either from misinterpretation of what the person believes MIGHT be rabies, or simply because our species is prone to blasting other living things with little or no real -good- reason. Once a wild critter is domesticated to what ever degree, it often takes on a presumptuous view of OUR species as well, leaving itself vulnerable to folks offering somethig other than vittles. It'll often shorten the critters life-span markedly to associate with us in that way.

1660503560481.jpeg

Last edited: