What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

Petrochemical

Yes it is excellent firewood. Unfortunately you can't give it away as there is so much of it. Fairly rot resistant but most sitting five years is getting full of fungus. That's what's bring them down as it weakness them.

They say all ash trees are susceptible. Though I don't think it will kill off the species as they are very stubborn trees. Depends on if a predator comes along for the green ash beetles. I know the wood pecker population increased hugely.

They eat the area between the bark and wood.
Chips for compost....i like to put pine and ash or maple shavings on top of my containers top layer. If you have that much available...i could see (depending on grain and structural integrity of heartwood) cribbage boards,hand carved cups,plates,utensils...ash should ne used for working and such if possible...last resort for me would be firewood.
Really breaks my heart to see them being hammered like that

Three Berries

Chips for compost....i like to put pine and ash or maple shavings on top of my containers top layer. If you have that much available...i could see (depending on grain and structural integrity of heartwood) cribbage boards,hand carved cups,plates,utensils...ash should ne used for working and such if possible...last resort for me would be firewood.
Really breaks my heart to see them being hammered like that
Ha.... The electric company comes around every 4 years and trims all the trees. They offer the chips to us. Last March they came and delivered 7 truck loads! I've got wood chips piled up a foot deep where ever there are trees or bushes or shady area.

Three Berries

Vehicle crash on 4/20 scatters 500 pounds of marijuana across highway​

Two men from Mexico face felony first-degree drug trafficking charges after a wreck on Wednesday saw a Missouri highway covered with ganja.

500 pounds of the illegal drug littered a Callaway County, Missouri, interstate following the crash of their truck, according to the New York Post. None sustained serious injuries from the wreck but the driver faces reckless driving charges.

Missouri allows for medicinal marijuana consumption but not recreational use. The pair face potential sentences of 10-30 years in prison, the Post reported.

The The Missouri State Highway Patrol shared photos of the incident depicting the highway:

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/health/500-pounds-weed-litter-missouri-highway-420

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Damn i live in the wrong part of the country
I'm curious where are the weeds headed
well, Arkansas has legal medical, and the weed was on the east-bound side headed into Tennessee. no telling where, though. Memphis, Nashville, or Knoxville would all be pretty safe bets. get it into an illegal state & it doubles in value...most of what we get here is out of Cali, allegedly. hell, from what i'm reading, it may be out of Oklahoma. shit's being grown everywhere there, at least partly due to the business license required only being $2500...damn place has more than double the dispensaries as California does! supposedly over 2000 in Oklahoma, last number i saw on Cali was in the 900+ range...

buzzmobile

Veteran
I choose "choice". Thank you for giving me the opportunity for choosing choice.

I'm about to get on the ball. Tell her to make some room.
1650797527661.png