What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

moose eater

100% of both the Soul Mate and Kashmiri Azad are up, and 75% of the Space Cake are up, so I planted another seed of Space Cake in a pot that was languishing behind in the process. The fact that everything poppe3d in under 2 days, to about 3-1/2 to 4 days, tells me that if the last Space Cake seed was halfway fertile and happy, it'll catch up in no time.

Kept one box open for this test run.

Pics coming soon of the larger girls; the (original Greenhouse Seeds/Arjan's) Super lemon Haze is quite content, with the California Indica almost as happy. Both of them are nice in most regards at the moment.

The Ghost Train Haze #1 is leggy as usual, thinner stalks than the other 2 strains, and a bit more of unwanted color in the stem, left over from cloning, I think. She'll need Her early staking again shortly. Otherwise, she goes all octopus, and half of her lays flat like a squashed blueberry shrub (the actual berry, not the cannabis of that name), and the other half of Her gets a half-dozen or so leggy main cola branches.

She's had plenty of P lately, as well as a minor boost of Boron, and today, a 2 tsp/gallon of Hydrolyzed Fish Fertilizer, 1 TBSP of Herculean Harvest Liquid Bone Meal, 1/2 tsp of Earth Juice Meta-K, >1/8 tsp of TNB down (a Canadian product for adjusting ph of liquid fertilizers downward, which I picked up last year at a local shop, just to give it a try in contrast to ascorbic and citric acids from the health food store), and a full TBSP of Fox Farms Big Bloom. The California Indica dug the shit out of the last feeding of same-same, so we'll see what the GTH#1 thinks of it this afternoon, after She's had time to adjust and process the stuff a bit.

But I'm off to town to score a prime rib roast n sale, small end, marbled with feathered fat lines, not clods of fat, and rated as Choice, but a half-step away from Prime. Make room in my vegan diet for a day or so to cheat a bit.

Latest PSA is .4, so that three labs at .4 over the last 4 months, which, if it keeps pace with the first year or so, I'll probably be seeing a .5 somewhere soon. Not an optimistic series of numbers, but another informed member here tells me that the more accurate tracking of the doubling rate is apt to be from the scores AFTER they reach whole numbers, i.e., greater than 1.

Three Berries

The neighbors bought a wooded lot a few years ago. But the green ash beetle came though and wiped out all the ash trees. Now they are falling over. A big one just missed their well. If they'd had their tank there it would have smashed it........

r21hx2s.jpg

moose eater

Between a now-agitated hernia and acute bleeding gastritis that was diagnosed the other day when I let the Doc cram a tube and camera down my gullet, I've been reluctant to reach up high and grab my rather heavy custom-built hash tumbler, to tumble trim from last September, and to ultimately do a bit of a pictorial for those who've read about the tumbler previously.

Teetering on near absence of forward movement and stamina's reduction in force, I suspect I'll move the amping goods and surplus metal for welding projects out of the way, and reach up top to bring down the tumbler, as well as using that opportunity to re-stow the extreme cold weather mitts, gloves, hats, scarves, masks, etc., that typically stay up on that shelf in the specified action-packer.

So, photos pending of the current state of the Super Lemon Haze and the California Indica, the hash tumbler (and pictorial of the process), and more apt to be coming in photos, providing I don't run out of steam mid-step in the next day or so... It happens, and sometimes with more ominous potential outcomes than some think.

In the interim, a re-run of a photo of a friend and a lake trout from Kathleen Lake and a fishing trip that took place maybe 15-18 years ago. A 42" hen trout, that filled the pan she was in with oil, submerging her fillets when we baked her.

Attachments

• Kathleen Lake anonymous cropped.jpg
    Kathleen Lake anonymous cropped.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 28

Three Berries

no joke! they need to stomp those little bastards! i aint watching MLB and listening to damned aluminum bats going "bink", no way in hell...👎
In my lifetime I have seen the American elms, the wild black cherry and now the ash trees wiped out. The elms there are some around me that are isolated and about 80 years old. I have some around 20. the black cherries are a weedy tree that spreads by the roots as well as seed but never get big like they use to. I've got over 20 dead ash on the grounds now falling apart.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
In my lifetime I have seen the American elms, the wild black cherry and now the ash trees wiped out. The elms there are some around me that are isolated and about 80 years old. I have some around 20. the black cherries are a weedy tree that spreads by the roots as well as seed but never get big like they use to. I've got over 20 dead ash on the grounds now falling apart.
that sucks. is ash a good firewood? i wouldn't let them go to waste. i wonder if there are ash trees that are resistant, like the chestnuts they are cross-breeding with the Chinese chestnut to get around the blight... we just KEEP getting shit from Chinese imports that we really do not want/need. there is a new species of tick (Asian Longhorn) on the east coast we didn't need, and several invasive plant species. the giant hog weed, in particular. it looks just like Queen Annes Lace, except it gets much taller (up to 14 ft). its sap is comparable to battery acid, and folks end up in the hospital after coming in contact. then, we move on to the Joro spiders...they have already been found as far inland as southeast Tennessee. giant and venomous, but fangs are too small to bite humans with, thank God.

Three Berries

that sucks. is ash a good firewood? i wouldn't let them go to waste. i wonder if there are ash trees that are resistant, like the chestnuts they are cross-breeding with the Chinese chestnut to get around the blight... we just KEEP getting shit from Chinese imports that we really do not want/need. there is a new species of tick (Asian Longhorn) on the east coast we didn't need, and several invasive plant species. the giant hog weed, in particular. it looks just like Queen Annes Lace, except it gets much taller (up to 14 ft). its sap is comparable to battery acid, and folks end up in the hospital after coming in contact. then, we move on to the Joro spiders...they have already been found as far inland as southeast Tennessee. giant and venomous, but fangs are too small to bite humans with, thank God.
Yes it is excellent firewood. Unfortunately you can't give it away as there is so much of it. Fairly rot resistant but most sitting five years is getting full of fungus. That's what's bring them down as it weakness them.

They say all ash trees are susceptible. Though I don't think it will kill off the species as they are very stubborn trees. Depends on if a predator comes along for the green ash beetles. I know the wood pecker population increased hugely.

They eat the area between the bark and wood.