What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

moose eater

As I understood it, it was the plethora of poisonous snakes & spiders that were carrying the Commies' vaccine that caused the guns to leave the Country. Good thing we have no poisonous snakes, and very few poisonous spiders in Alaska, thus, all of my guns are still with me. But I caught them listening to pacifist indoctrination tapes the other day, so I'm not sure I can rely on them in a pinch. They may betray me when the chips are down.

Speaking of chips, I had some batter-dipped, exceptionally crunchy, (what we would call) Jo-Jo-fries at a small pub in your part of the world; small cross-roads, rural drinking establishment. Quite tasty. The bar maid heard I was from Alaska, and a guest, and gifted my host and I a basket of them, on the house.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
........ but still, somewhere along the line you have to stop and ask yourself if keeping a man suffering from 'transient schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety' in solitary confinement is the right thing to do.

He's an American citizen, not Al Qaeda.

Someone shoulda called in a Social Worker at the very least. :rolleyes::tongue::rolleyes:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
There are people in America that think this gulag shit is wonderful, because those are people who objected to a stolen election, and the orange man was bad and had to go by any means. People need to wake the fuck up and see this is America, and if they can do this to Patriots, they can do it to the useful idiots who helped them also.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...oner-blinded-one-eye-worse-abuse-gitmo-video/

Random thought: How about the CIA rendering people to foreign countries so they could be tortured? OK too? Foochie moved his deadly virus research to china cause it was illegal here too.

Wake the fuck up, and I don't mean the liberal definition, whatever that is anyways.

moose eater

........ but still, somewhere along the line you have to stop and ask yourself if keeping a man suffering from 'transient schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety' in solitary confinement is the right thing to do.

He's an American citizen, not Al Qaeda.

Someone shoulda called in a Social Worker at the very least. :rolleyes::tongue::rolleyes:

I was offered a job as a clinician at a maximum security prison in Alaska nearly 30 years ago. I turned it down, in part due to ethical issues related to stress being a trigger for psychotic breaks in many cases, and due to my stand re. The War on (Some) Drugs, though few of the folks incarcerated at that facility were there for substance offences alone, -by far-.

Many mentally ill folks are now held in psychiatric wings of prisons across USA, instead of the forensic wards of psychiatric hospitals, where they -might- fare better, though not all psych hospitals are a peachy scene, either.

What we have here, by all appearances, are persons who seek out opportunities to feel victimized, by pointing to circumstances and reframing the reality of those circumstances. As well as a person who talks about the death of those who don't 'think correctly', but seems to either leave out pertinent facts, or misinterprets the contents nearly entirely, of close to half of the articles or links he posts. (Suicidality in motion? Looks more like a long-term 'dry-drunk' segment, to me). Leaves me searching for the tiny violin I used to carry in my back pocket.

And I used to work with LEO as a clinician (not in their office, but in a separate clinic), assessing probability of lethality, self-harm, and likelihood/probability of homicidal behavior in specific cases, for a rural dept. up here. They didn't care for my stance on civil liberties, the 1975 (Irwin) Ravin Decision re. cannabis, or my stance on the W o (S) D's, but I worked with the 'good ol' boys' club in blue, none-the-less.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I'm watching Rick and Morty, because people think I'm Rick. I get it now... they are all Morty's that say it

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Normal vaccines they inject you with the thing they want your system to recognize, mRNA vaccines they inject you with something that gets your body to make the thing they want your system to recognize. It still relies on your immune system recognizing and responding to the bad thing

QuestA

Today is my birthday,have already couple of beers also have pack of smokes (dont smoke for couple of months) and bottle of alcohol, sounds like wicked party ;)

buzzmobile

Veteran
Mixing beer and liquor can make for an epic hangover. Add wine to the mix and you can achieve monumental hangovers. Wait until next year's birthday. ;)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Just quit. Booze never did me any favors. It took 65 years to figure that out, and preserve what I have left for the other 35.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Is stressing a plant, interfering with processes, such that they might not complete. I have to say yes. Which would mean the plants produced compounds that were unused. Perhaps with an aromatic effect.

When I have to chop a little rot out, the surrounding nuggets often have a lemon tainted smell. Like the areas immediately beside the now removed bud, stepped up limoline? production. A known mould inhibitor.

That spaceship must be nearly half way

moose eater

Some say inconveniences sometimes happen for a reason. Not sure about that, but I do believe that in every circumstance, both positive and negative can be found or generated as a result of what ever occurred..

So I get on-line this evening, to go to Conservation Canada, a bit apprehensive about doing a purchase of Yukon Territory fishing licenses for my son and I on-line, as Alaska and the Yukon have a reciprocal arrangement; if a Yukoner comes to Alaska and presents a Yukon fishing license, they get a non-resident Alaska fishing license at resident rates. And if an Alaskan goes to the Yukon Territory, and presents an Alaska fishing license, they get a non-resident Yukon Territory fishing license at resident rates.

Leery of the Environment Canada computers 'knowing' all of these nuances, but having been assured by a Conservation Canada employee that they will, via a phone call, I endeavored to make the purchases this evening, only to have the computer system tell me I'm already in the system, and to locate my Member ID, and use it. So I try all the gimmicks, and NO LUCK. Tried 2 x's, and still being told by the same system that none of my identifiers are recognized, while the other part of the program is telling me I'm already registered and alive in their system.

Having little to no patience for such bullshit, I phoned a lodge near the Border, and inquired if they are still selling Yukon anglers' licenses, and yes, indeed they are. But they told me I'll need to call back in the day-time, as she wasn't aware of the reciprocal arrangement either.

That's when she tells me, some place in the middle of the conversation, that Canada Customs is going on strike, starting tomorrow... and that she has friends working among the 9,000+ Canada Border Services folks, who've filled her in on their plans.

The Canada Border folks are reportedly pissed off about oit having had a raise since 12017, by the way.

They can't legally walk off the job, as they're essential workers, but for starters, they're going to be staffing at reduced numbers, and then the other shoe dropped. Apparently the whole intent is to slow down traffic at the Border to the point that a virtual stand-still results for many folks. MANY folks.

And that's when she tells me things that changed the ways in which I typically cross borders, at least for this trip.

They're going to be doing 100% of the tasks to the n'th degree that they're required to do (i.e., searching vehicles THOROUGHLY, and no turning a blind eye to minor deficiencies in documentation, etc.), and NONE of rthe things they're not required to do; total 'letter of the law' shit, apparently. .

I often have had a stash here or there to take with me on remote trips such as this one, as there are no cannabis stores where we're traveling, unless we take a substantial detour into Whitehorse, which would rob us of the better portion of a day.

And then the other thoughts of anxiety occurred; there used to be a limit on how many jugs/gallons of fuel per vehicle could be brought along, not withstanding a situation of having something hard-lined into a vehicle as an auxiliary tank of sorts.. And beer or alcoholic beverages? Bring them in is fine, but there are limits, and a person technically is not permitted to share with their friends; the booze has to be for the consumption by the non-resident alone. And the liquor store in the one town before we head out to our destination, often opens up much later than our intended arrival to that location. Likewise, no cannabis products can cross the Border, despite Canada being legal on a national basis.

So essentially, the fucked up computer system at Environment Canada and Conservation Canada, and a chatty lodge employee, likely all saved my ass, my truck, my boat, and my trip. Thanks, fucked up computer systems and under-paid chatty lodge employees, I owe you one.... or 2, maybe, even.

Though from what I know now, it's likely that our Border crossing may take several hours, and I tend to be one of those guys who packs for any and all foreseeable crises, so unpacking and re-packing our load in the boat and the truck is apt to take at LEAST a couple of hours, and likely more than that. Guess we can bring along a couple good books, a deck of cards, keep the satellite phone handy, and maybe put a sticker on the bumper about being pro-union, or solidarity, or something.

"It's always sumpthin'..." (Rosanna Rosana Danna, SNL)

Latest posts

Latest posts