What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I have to quarantine now for 2 weeks pre-op to make sure that I don't infect them. Then I have to quarantine for 2 weeks after in case they infected me.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The shop guy asked if I could do anything to water based on soil humidity. I'm quite happy with it's appearance as a concept proving device. I set a lower soil RH and when it gets there a pump runs until the soil reaches the upper RH I set. I think the upper sensor will end up in the run-off and as such needs an over-run timer to get a bit more run-off after the box see's it. There is already another board hidden in the bottom but I could squeeze it in..

Anyway, just here for the pic really. I didn't make the boards, I just put them to use.
moisturedevice.jpg
Tidy isn't it. They are just stuck to a tray that lifts out, but it's strangely satisfying for a $20 project

Attachments

• moisturedevice.jpg
    moisturedevice.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 12

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I'm not happy. Perhaps 6 hours packaging all this, after the time designing it and finding all the parts...
They are not stats to set limits for my hidden controller that carries the pump from one to the other. No... each board is actually has two threshold settings to carry the pump it's. So the other board and my controller are not needed. FFS they are fitted with 'no nails'

Green Squall

Almost 3 months ago, in the mindset of "why the fuck not," I decided it would be fun to start rolling cigarettes, even though I wasn't a smoker. Bad decision, I know... It's crazy how addictive that shit can be after only a short amount of time! On Friday, I slapped some sense into myself and dumped the rest of the tobacco that was left. I probably stopped right at the brink of no return, so hopefully I've learned by lesson lol.

imiubu

Listening to "Unfu*k Yourself" audio book. I'm not hearing any new data as of yet.
However, this author sounds similar to Billy Connolly, which IMO provides some unexpected entertainment.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
A boat is called that because it can be carried on a ship. So when the ship has troubles (in this case from the boat shifting), is it legit to un-tie the boat and use it as a life raft?

ship and boat.jpg