What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

M

moose eater

'Bout to start a daily regimen of 4 - 8 oz. of pureed bitter melon, raw, per the 'recipe' provided by the father of a friend, who was taught how to use raw bitter melon as a medicinal concoction; 1 glass, each mooring.

He warned me about the taste as being God-awful, and asked if I had whiskey to cleanse the pallet after slamming the thing once each morning, and doing so for about 2-3 months, before taking a break.

I told him I'm more of a tequila guy. He said that'll work..

Sounds like it may make cod liver oil seem like a dessert item.

But finally..... a legitimate excuse for downing a shot of tequila at 8:00 A.M. each day... I'll just tell anyone who asks that it's strictly medicinal... while doing my best W.C. Fields voice, of course... before I say, "Now get away, kid; you're bothering me..."

Green Squall

Moose, if your friends father Okinawan by any chance? I've been tempted to grow bitter melon in the past, but it needs a lot of room, specifically a large trellis for it too flourish. I understand you're taking it for medicinal purposes, but it you decide to cook any, I hear it works well in stir fries and also stuffed with ground meat and herbs. I first became interested in the vegetable after reading about Centenarians in Okinawa and seeing it on "Old Alabama Gardeners" YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaSbRpWciVM

M

moose eater

Heya, Squall. No, the father is former Eastern states Italian 'family.'

At a time in his life during which he needed some help with life changes and health challenges, an East Indian fellow taught him how to ingest raw bitter melon. The way he tells it, the stuff did everything he needed but to make him walk on water.

The stuff's typically cooked in stir-fry, etc., as the flavor of it by itself, raw, is more than a bit putrid. but like with many healthful things, cooking it apparently reduces or compromises its effectiveness.

All of the recipes I found on-line, as well as the instruction I received from my friend's father, involve WASHING the daylights out of it; seriously. Then some would boil and make into a mash, others would slice and cook in stir-fry, and many wrote about scooping seeds out of the center, like you would with an overly ripe summer squash.

But my friend's father (a good guy, with tales behind him) said that after they'd wash it, they'd cube it up, no removal of seeds, etc., and place a medium to medium-small melon in pieces into a blender or food processor with 2 to 2-1/2 cups of H2O, puree, then slam down 4-8 oz. of the liquid, followed by what ever chases the taste away most efficiently and expeditiously.

It's about $4.79/lb. for fresh raw bitter melon near where I live.

A

anoydas 666

time for tea, been a great sunny day, bloody day light saving though , don't need it.

M

moose eater

Stopped by an acquaintance's cabin this evening, for a brief visit, and to drop off several grams of each of the three strains I recently ran. She'd taken on a handful of clones of my various strains this last spring, and grew them out under the summer Interior Alaskan sun, a valley away from my home.

We had a wet, miserable later summer, starting with late July, and seeming like the monsoon season that normally comes with the State Fair's arrival arrived a bit earlier than normal, and lasted way longer.

She used a very simple mix; 1/3 Fox Farms Potting mix, 1/3 Fishy Peat, and 1/3 perlite, with a bit of old blood meal she wished to get rid of.

I'd stopped by her place maybe a month ago, and the plants all looked very nice.

I'm about to roll a joint of some decent smelling Widow Bomb #3 from my stable, grown under the sun by her. One of 4 strains she received from me this year. Looks and smells nice. it's one of the mothers I'm preparing to 'off' in pursuit of some newer Bodhi beans I have, as well as my recently-arrived Satori seeds.

Thinking maybe I shouldn't smoke this one. last time I was preparing to kill that mother (WB3), I had an epiphany, courtesy of the WB3, and took her off the chopping block. And currently, with my mothers protesting the time they've been in the Classic 1200 pots, and being obviously a bit root-bound, she is the happiest of the 6 mothers.

So... Maybe I need to think about whether to light this joint or not, lest it interrupt my existing plans.

A

anoydas 666

howdy cowdy, nice drop of a day down here so out with the stubbie's, cold as.

Gry

Veteran
For ten years I was responsible for a flock of 34 peafowl which had existed on the property since the mid fifties. Effective security.

M

moose eater

Yet another acute frustration moment that's either the result of state-specific memory, or a 'graying mind'; I installed 2 spare-tire mounts with 2 nice 15" heavy-duty trailer tires on the salt shields of the 4-place trailer last year, so I'd have 2 spares on the trailer. And so they wouldn't be stolen, I bought a matching set of locking lug nuts with ample keys between the 2 sets.

There was a neat little card with stickers on it, with the key codes. It had been left on the table.

Now, there's the order form for keys on the table, no code stickers, and the key and remaining lugs are a mystery as to where they went to.

Nothing says "pleasant Wednesday evening," like tearing apart a truck tool box, looking through door panel pockets, searching under-seat storage areas, cleaning the desk and kitchen table, looking for lug-nut keys that are crucial to the removal of tires.

I think -this- is where cannabis might come in handy... And if the blank spot in my brain where this issue is concerned is the result of state-specific memory, and I was stoned when I conjured some amazingly clever place to stash them last year, then smoking a joint might just resolve the dilemma.

And, at a minimum, the table and desk are a bit more orderly. Not really a win:win, but I can bullshit myself with the best of them. And in the end, I own vice grips...

Green Squall

Jesus H Christ! I noticed what I thought was some misplaced hash, but it didn't seem right, so I threw it away and didn't think twice about it. A few hours later, I notice a fucking rabbit a few feet away from my chair LOL. I felt bad for the little critter because it was obviously frightened, but I had to get it out of the house - little crap pellets everywhere! I eventually got it out onto the deck, where it proceeded to take a leap of faith. Hopefully its not too dazed because the weather is really nasty tonight.

picture.php

T

Teddybrae

Well, at least it wasn't a Pink Elephant. Their hash piles are HUGE!

Jesus H Christ! I noticed what I thought was some misplaced hash, but it didn't seem right, so I threw it away and didn't think twice about it. A few hours later, I notice a fucking rabbit a few feet away from my chair LOL. I felt bad for the little critter because it was obviously frightened, but I had to get it out of the house - little crap pellets everywhere! I eventually got it out onto the deck, where it proceeded to take a leap of faith. Hopefully its not too dazed because the weather is really nasty tonight.

View Image

A

anoydas 666

lol, couple of pellets bud, had snakes come into the house but never a feed of rabbit.

BuzzBob56

Okay, I have had crickets, millipedes, gNats, etc. crawling around my basement, and grow room. Thus why I keep a few pieces of flypaper around...

But this?!?! First year Ringneck Snake... Freaked me out! It was still alive!!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Ring-Neck Snake_001.JPG
    Ring-Neck Snake_001.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 16
T

Teddybrae

Looks like it has just shed its skin. Hope you didn't kill it. The last snake we had here was a six foot Eastern Taipan about 3 inches in diameter. Beautiful. Deadly. All held their breath as it slid thru our garden and out into the bush again ....

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
growing old sucks, doesn't it? over my last back pain, dealing with leg & foot pain right now. maybe we should start a thread for old @#$%$#@ like us to bitch on & vent..."the elderly asylum" LOL!
I will subscribe to that thread - you should start it!

I find age a mixed bag - really enjoying the calmer, more experienced me. The years have ground away a lot of my insecurities and given me perspective. My body is paradoxically in better shape and breaking down. I walk 15 miles a day, easy.

I'll have had 2 paid days off & 3 days modified duties of less than 2 hours per day in one week - all because my fucking back went out as I "sat down". Yup - all this is because I went crazy & actually tried to sit on my couch. Almost a week later & I'm still putting ice & heat on it.

Latest posts

Latest posts