What's new

Topsy Turvy Fridge Grow/Clone Box

OK, fresh nutes are in.
The appropriate amount of cal-mag as well.
I also did some more selective defoliation to get that light down in to the little stuff.

atk7

Looking great FW the bud formation is coming along nicely.. like that canopy level view from the work stool . I have a mechanics stool I use that has rollers that I can just sit and stare at the growth for hours gives me an identical view in my flower area. LOL ,very calming, and great way to unwind when I get home from work. . My current group is at 60 days flower as of Monday so I am watching trichs closely for harvest time. And the aroma is getting that sweet / skunky smell of grape kush that is just tasty and the stems are having a hard time holding themselves up with the bud weight.

Looking great FW the bud formation is coming along nicely.. like that canopy level view from the work stool . I have a mechanics stool I use that has rollers that I can just sit and stare at the growth for hours gives me an identical view in my flower area. LOL ,very calming, and great way to unwind when I get home from work. . My current group is at 60 days flower as of Monday so I am watching trichs closely for harvest time. And the aroma is getting that sweet / skunky smell of grape kush that is just tasty and the stems are having a hard time holding themselves up with the bud weight.
Thanks ATK,
Yea, as I was working in the fridge today, defoliating and tying branches down, I could really start to smell the sweet pungent aroma of the buds.
They are forming up nicely now.
I cleaned up all the larf from under.
Nice and clean down there.
I removed a lot of lower fans and ones sitting in the shade, came out with a huge handful.
Then tried my best to spread out the crowded areas and tied a crapload of stuff down/to the side today.

atk7

What proportions of each do you use for your co2 mix and how many days does it run? And what kind of yeast are you using?

What proportions of each do you use for your co2 mix and how many days does it run? And what kind of yeast are you using?

I mix:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
6 cups warm (NOT HOT) water
mix well
Add:
1.5 teaspoons yeast
.5 teaspoon Baking Soda
Mix well !
That's it, supposed to last about 2 weeks, I change it out after a week to 10 days.

Takes about an hour to really start producing lots of bubbles.

OK guys,
Should I be giving carbs now?
Molasses?
Sugar?
I read where a lot of others feed some other goodies to enhance the water on the add backs to the res ???
I'm only adding PH'd tap water. (I let it sit open for a day or so)
What say y'all ?

Well, yet another controversial subject.... Molasses !
Just like Defoliation, if used in moderation and a watchful eye kept on things, it shouldn't be a problem, but a helper.
Last night around 11 PM I dissolved 4 Tablespoons of Granny's Unsulphered Molasses in some warm water and introduced it to the res.
This AM, I have no foaming in the heavily aerated res.
I will watch the drippers to be sure there is no cloggage .
So far, so good !
From what I have researched, it SHOULD be beneficial, to the bennies and to the buds !!!
We shall see.....

atk7

Don't lose heart on no reply been checking in and enjoy watching your progres . some of your questions are geared for hydro grows and i am a soil guy as i find it a little more forgiving . So I cant say much on the subject, but your cab is very similar to mine not exact but close enough it is almost like a side by side experiment for hydro and soil LOL. Too bad we are not running same strains .

Last night I did my usual PH check and things have been staying pretty steady.
UNTIL NOW !
PH was real high all of a sudden.
So I added a gallon of water PH'd to about 5.
Went to bed and this morning I was up at 6 and when I dipped up a sample to check, it was cloudy/translucent.
Reached in and felt one of my air stones and it was SLIMEY... and then some !
EMERGENCY RES CHANGE !!!
Dumped that soup and scrubbed the res, air stones and the pump itself.
Took the mesh/screen out of the pump.
Scrubbed all real and rinsed very well.
Got everything running again but I missed my first feeding of the day, 1 hour at lights on.
SO... I will run on manual for a few hours, maybe leave it run till after the noon feeding just to flush the slime out.
Plants look great, this morning... fingers crossed.

atk7

One lesson learned I guess, I can hear the bacteria now "mmmmm sugar" I have read in some of the DWC threads that a capful or two of h2o2 in the res will beat the slime back. you may want to look around for info on that I dont know how it affects the benies though.

One lesson learned I guess, I can hear the bacteria now "mmmmm sugar" I have read in some of the DWC threads that a capful or two of h2o2 in the res will beat the slime back. you may want to look around for info on that I dont know how it affects the benies though.

Yea, dammit.
I will look into the H2O2.
I can replace the bennies.
I already drew another 5 gallons of water for a possible and likely res change tomorrow morning.
Watching it closely for cloudiness.
Felt in the flood tray and I don't feel any slime, but I'll be watching.
Lesson learned... dammit !

atk7

Yes hydrogen peroxide is h2o2 one of the best antibacterials around .way less toxic than bleach I even use it to wash the tools and work surface when cutting clones. and i wash all my pots and cabinet out between grows