What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Topdressing 4x4 bed after flipping to flower

So I have four plants in my 4x4, they’ve been in there for like two weeks now.. they’re quite big plants though Fills the whole bed up. One plant the leaves are slightly turning yellow, snd I was thinking it’s time to topdress to stay ahead of the game.

I’m mainly interested in HOW MUCH of each amendment should be use. I was thinking I could use kelp/neem/malted barley flour and mix it in some quality compost and some perlite. Any help here? Thanks guys.

HHILL

It really depends on how much of the neem, kelp, barley you add to the compost. I’d say try to layer a half inch to an inch of compost/perlite on top.

Say if that is 10 gallons of compost/perilite needed to do that, I’d add two cups of kelp, 1/2 cup of neem and not sure on barley flour. Mix those well into the compost/perilite before laying down the top dress. Since you are flowering, as some calphos if you can. Micronized if possible.

remember, organics take time to break down, adding things now will see the results in a couple weeks or more.

just my thoughts on the matter

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Also, it depends on where the yellowing is on the plant. As Hhill said, it takes time using those organic amendments to break down. You may need to use something more available like chelated minerals instead. Can you post a photo? 😎

Latest posts

Latest posts