What's new

top og/chem?

chongsbuddy

Veteran
well i dont have pics of course because i took the buds with the bananas off when i found them.i should have said something in this thread,but to be quite honest,i didnt want to come off like a total dick.i did find that the taller plant had them on the mid-lower branches on the shaded side of the plant.i took all my plants out today,turned the light off and could nt see any light leaks what so ever...i dont know,asnd im too tired and humbled to really care anymore.im just real bummed.its just the fact that i wont have meds for months really is hard to take....im at a total loss here!!!
i dont even have the money to buy soil to start again right now

negative37dBA

Veteran
well i dont have pics of course because i took the buds with the bananas off when i found them.i should have said something in this thread,but to be quite honest,i didnt want to come off like a total dick.i did find that the taller plant had them on the mid-lower branches on the shaded side of the plant.i took all my plants out today,turned the light off and could nt see any light leaks what so ever...i dont know,asnd im too tired and humbled to really care anymore.im just real bummed.its just the fact that i wont have meds for months really is hard to take....im at a total loss here!!!
i dont even have the money to buy soil to start again right now

Do not stop your grow. I had a similar experience during my current grow. I felt like stopping as well. I am real glad I did not.
You can still use it for all types of oils, hashes, cooking and other extractions that will get you some meds. You would be surprised at what might be smokeable in the end.
Here are a couple of pics of my current "seeded grow". Actually looking forward to the results. My goal is to get some Nice ISO oil out of it. Don't stop.
Here is a link to my current grow if you want to see how its going.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=235661
Hope this is not rude of me to post my pics in your grow. I am just trying to show you what you might still be able to achive. I appologize if I have overstepped any boundries. I am kinda new here.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

chongsbuddy

Veteran
no offense taken at all,all good man!i kind of have to scrap it,cause every week i have it going i dont have a sensi crop going.....i have 30 nevs haze/coastal collision seedlings and am going to put them to 12/12 tomorrow.
start fresh and pay more attention this time around....im gonna put the 2 og chems outside and light dep them to finish them off just in case...i really wnt to try the bud!

chongsbuddy

Veteran
and i will be getting a pack of the new og chem as soon as i can,i wasnt put off by what happened and it prolly wasnt the genetics!im still confused as to what could have done it.too many good reports and lack of personal indoor experience for me to blame genetics.

you will see another og chem thread by me in the future!

Smokindogcujo

Damn chongsbuddy...sucks about the hermies! While I did nave one pheno that threw some nanners. I didn't have any full blown hermies, and I'm pretty sure the nanners did not make any seeds!

Is it feasible to pick nanners off the og chems? The buds are pretty small and easy to see the dicks. I have some new phenos about to flower and am quite reluctant to throw em away, the smoke is addictive.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pick them off and you may even find they are not viable and no seeds will be produced (be careful though just in case).
Peace

Smokindogcujo

Is it feasible to pick nanners off the og chems? The buds are pretty small and easy to see the dicks. I have some new phenos about to flower and am quite reluctant to throw em away, the smoke is addictive.

Definitely don't throw them out! I had one pheno that produced, nanners...and it was the largest yeilding pheno! Doesn't appear to have made any seeds!

chongsbuddy

Veteran
so i didnt scrap the grow,all seeded but there are a few younger plants that were not affected and i can still get bud and hash and oil out of the plants.i do see a nanner on the smaller og chem now,ill snap a pic tomorrow of it.so now i see that there are more than a few reports on herms on this strain....im sure it was the herm that did it now.but i still am going to blame it on the enviornment for now,temps now for the past 3 days have been up to 89 degrees in the midday.no leaks,i fixed the leak that was in there and all is good now,i need a bigger air conditioner!more pics tomorrow.

chongsbuddy

Veteran
here is another herm i found....herm free....I THINK NOT!!!

Attachments

• herm 001.jpg
    herm 001.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 11
  • herm 002.jpg
    herm 002.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 17

chongsbuddy

Veteran
funny thing with ojd is that when you are doing well in your grow he will pop in and make comments,but when things go wrong he seems to dissapear.....

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We're obviously disappointed at an unhappy customer and would like to resolve the issue, that being said pissy comments wont get you far in life nor icmag.
Im curious to see some more pics if possible, maybe some full plant pics? Clearly you are experiencing issues with herms and no one is debating that we just feel it would be beneficial to document things as throughly as possible (positive or negative) because sharing info can only help us all in the long run.
Also on a side note to your comments aimed at OJD i would like to make it clear that we are both very busy at the moment (seeds dont harvest and package themselves, nor do gardens tend themselves).......i think people like yourself often look a little too deep into things, no sudden disappearance from either of us we're just busy (if that ok with you).
Also i have to ask if you think the OG Chem bananas have caused seed in the room?
Peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
chongsbuddy i been very busy the last month and have not been posting or online half as much as usual

so you sure its the og chem now and not the light leak that you fixed that created the hermi

also that pic you posted up of 1 banana is that what is suposed to of pollinated your entire room?
becuase that 1 banana wouldnt do that
lets see some pics of this said hermi(im not calling bullshit but if someone say hermi i wana see it)
if you wanted a free pack that would be no problem
but why you going on like a dick?

peace

Last edited:

chongsbuddy

Veteran
i did not make a pissy comment at all,i made an observation! thats it.i was not rude nor disrespectful and that is that.close thread.

chongsbuddy

Veteran
well the light leak was fixed and the herm i have now came after so in my opinion it would have hermed anyways...and i stated in my first few posts that i took the nanners off when i found them the first time...remember?go back and read my posts.the thing is i have a new nanner and my conditions are much better,my humidity is nin check,my temps are great and NO light leaks so how did this new herm get there?but as stated before i had multiple herms before,not one like now...and the herm is in the pics i just put up!!!i do not want free seeds lets get that very straight....i have enough seeds to last me 10 lifetimes!why is it every time someone bitches or has trouble with a strain that its assumed he/she wants free seeds?
if you think im being a dick i really dont know what to say,im merely stating facts.

Buddy Holly

cuz usually thats why they are doing it. that or they claim bad germ rates. theres a long track record to support it so right or wrong thats the initial assumption until the grower can support their claim. herms do happen but i just look at like this - with these genetics its gonna happen! so wtf do you want the breeder to do? if theyre claimin "herm free" then thats stupid on their part and then maybe you deserve something. what i dont know but misleading uninformed growers aint cool even though caveat emptor rules the day in my book.

Buddy Holly

smoke a bowl chong. itll be ok. im just wakin up for the day and havin some laughs. its gonna be a long day i feel. i gotta ask, you have proof you say. proof of what? an unstable polyhybrid line produced a nanner? wow stop the presses. it happens. what do you expect of the breeder? did you not expect this as a possibility, however remote, when working with these genetics?