What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

dramamine

dollars are the benchmark, which you don't understand. other currencies are converted (not really, just for quantifying the transaction) and enumerated as dollar equivalents. something tells me you won't understand that, either. you gotta have an accepted unit from which to work from. a yen is not equal to a dinar is not as valuable as a GBP is more valuable than a peso or a fuckload of rubles... and you're pissed because they use dollars as the base unit. whose currency would you prefer? i don't GAFF...
There's a lot more to it than that. OPEC countries purchase US treasury bonds (our debt) with their profits. That's really nice for the US as we effectively export our debt, and most of the time the yields on them are good. But it makes these country's economies extremely vulnerable to changes on our economy. It also limits their ability to reinvest profits into their own country.

US inflation, especially, skims money right off the top of their profits. This gives the US de facto control of their wealth. Venezuela has a shitload of treasury bonds that have been frozen by the US.

The OPEC members that try to break out of this paradigm are dealt with quite severely. See Iraq, Libya, and Venezuela for examples of that. Saudi Arabia is making moves currently to change this for themselves, which may be interesting.

Mr. Kissinger was the instrumental individual who set up this system, with the weight of the US military/agency behind him. That info wouldn't have appeared in USA Today or whatever in those terms, but it is still our history.

I'm not pissed, nor an expert in this stuff, and I think you'll probably blow off whatever I write here anyway, so I'll leave it there.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
See Iraq, Libya, and Venezuela for examples of that.
let's see here...we forced Iraq out of a neighboring country they had invaded. (should have stopped at that) Libya, we went into as part of a United Nations organized effort manned by NATO forces. and Venezuela shot themselves in the foot by over-extending themselves financially and embracing corruption. you can blame the US for that (or anything else you don't like) if you want, i don't GAFF. plenty of blame for their problems to be found in their own country. those are "examples" all right...:bigeye:

Gry

Veteran
I assume you mean me?

I see the Truman Doctrine and the US fight against communism as having been a pretext for regime change and the installation of military bases around the world, enabling the resulting US hegemony. As opposed to a humanitarian effort. Much the same as the "War on Terror". Much the same as current concern over Taiwan.

Straight and concise as I can be.

And for Mr. Mustard: such things require a plan. I wasn't given a copy.
Am sorry that I left you with that impression, it was not the case.
I have generally found your comments and perspective to be on point and interesting.
It's good to see you Gry :tiphat:
Thank you most kindly, am left with renewed respect and affection for antibiotics.

With respect to reserve currency status, I recall having read there is an advantage or blessing of
about 20 % that is attached to being the reserve currency.

On the issue of global domination, I am of the impression that was the traditional dream of Nazis.
The extent that it has been embraced and adopted by our intel services and special forces,
and in many cases even our local police, has never failed to disgust me. I have always known
there was both treachery and treason in it's roots, excused only by the double standard of
class, which has been so much more expensive to us than it should ever have been.
The amount and extent of the corruption attached to it has never ceased to amaze me.
The general shitfuckary attached to the China aid, resulted in more money than anyone
could ever calculate going to the Green gang. The Soong family became the most wealthy
family on earth as a result. They sent a son to Harvard with the money.
Corruption on a scale that is legendary is the legacy that we have inherited.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
83930567.gif

Incredible. But now there is an international warrant for this man's arrest? So wrong.

Gry

Veteran
That is the same court that we have repeatedly refused to comply with.
The double standards and hypocrisy are shameful and disgusting.
Recall having read that Dick Cheney had to modify travel plans as a result
of/ running afoul of that court with fabrications for his wars of opportunism.

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
Sponsored Content From Raytheon: "We're going to fix Lockheed Martin's F-35."

At the moment, the future F-35’s cooling needs are out of reach. But they don’t have to be.

To make them possible, two Raytheon Technologies businesses – Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace – are proposing a pair of improvements:

• An upgraded power module for the engine that would boost performance and provide the compressed air the cooling system requires.
  • A new, optimized cooling system that uses compressed air more efficiently.

Gry

Veteran
There's a lot more to it than that. OPEC countries purchase US treasury bonds (our debt) with their profits. That's really nice for the US as we effectively export our debt, and most of the time the yields on them are good. But it makes these country's economies extremely vulnerable to changes on our economy. It also limits their ability to reinvest profits into their own country.

US inflation, especially, skims money right off the top of their profits. This gives the US de facto control of their wealth. Venezuela has a shitload of treasury bonds that have been frozen by the US.

The OPEC members that try to break out of this paradigm are dealt with quite severely. See Iraq, Libya, and Venezuela for examples of that. Saudi Arabia is making moves currently to change this for themselves, which may be interesting.

Mr. Kissinger was the instrumental individual who set up this system, with the weight of the US military/agency behind him. That info wouldn't have appeared in USA Today or whatever in those terms, but it is still our history.

I'm not pissed, nor an expert in this stuff, and I think you'll probably blow off whatever I write here anyway, so I'll leave it there.
You mention Kissinger as having a role in setting things up.
I could not agree more, it is well worth spending time on his Wikipedia site.
I would add that when he was young in intel with the army, he was tasked with serving as a
translator for Otto Skorzeny.
We have a way of absorbing the best of everything from our opposition. Otto Skorzeny qualified .
He had an amazing back ground, and he was considered a prize.
Kissinger was to serve as his translator for quite a while.
It would be difficult to overstate the role Skorzeny played in making significant changes in how we handled intel as well as in developing specialized military units.

Latest posts

Latest posts