What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Gry

Veteran
“There will be in the next generation or so a method of making people love their servitude and producing dictatorship without tears so to speak. Producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda, or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution.” – Aldous Huxley, From a speech for the Tavistock Group, California Medical School, 1961

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“There will be in the next generation or so a method of making people love their servitude and producing dictatorship without tears so to speak. Producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda, or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution.” – Aldous Huxley, From a speech for the Tavistock Group, California Medical School, 1961
It's called a phone.

Brother Nature

Huxley was a mind well beyond his time. I recall reading "A Brave New World" in AP English in high school and it being labelled as science fiction. Yet 20 odd years later it reads more like a perspective on modern life than anything fictional.

Gry

Veteran
Astor, Forbes, Russell, Delano...that's 4. who is no. 5?
Omission corrected, thank you most kindly for the observation.
5. The Perkins Family. Thomas Handasyd Perkins, a wealthy merchant and Boston Brahmin par excellance, made his bones as a young man trading slaves in Haiti, then peddled furs to China from the American Northwest before amassing a huge fortune smuggling Turkish opium into China. Although he got rich off the trade, he avoided mentioning it, and his official biography, written by his son-in-law, never mentions the word "opium." Perkins assuaged himself through philanthropy, supporting the Boston Atheneum and the New England Institute for the Blind, which was renamed for him. The town of Belmont, Massachusetts, is named after the estate of nephew, John Perkins Cushing, who was active in the trade himself.

Gry

Veteran
Not being at all familiar with it, I am not in any position to comment on it but in general :

The more people who can be made aware that what we see today is part of an ongoing and
non stop reach for power by our own home grown supporters of strong man authoritarianism
aka fascism, the better.
The same American families who financed Mussolini and and Hitler, finance what we deal with today.
The day before we stepped into WWII about a third of this county felt that Hitler was a real fine man.
The plot and the struggle still goes on to this very day, and the more who can be made aware of it,
the better our chances will be.

Other than the Civil War, the business plot may well have been the single most significant thing to happen to this country prior to the murder of JFK,.
What percentage of Americans are even aware of what took place, let alone how our media continues
to downplay it to this very day.
In an age where people like to think of themselves as well informed, I find that just more than just a
little disturbing.

I went and checked out the reviews on it here are two :

There was definitely a plot taking place during this time in our country. Doesn’t show up in our history books! We must do our own research.

2hrs14 I will never get back. Superb acting but soooooo long, random, rambling. Waste of an important story

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran

All that's lacking is a soundtrack of James Brown's"Living in a America."

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not being at all familiar with it, I am not in any position to comment on it but in general :

The more people who can be made aware that what we see today is part of an ongoing and
non stop reach for power by our own home grown supporters of strong man authoritarianism
aka fascism, the better.
The same American families who financed Mussolini and and Hitler, finance what we deal with today.
The day before we stepped into WWII about a third of this county felt that Hitler was a real fine man.
The plot and the struggle still goes on to this very day, and the more who can be made aware of it,
the better our chances will be.

Other than the Civil War, the business plot may well have been the single most significant thing to happen to this country prior to the murder of JFK,.
What percentage of Americans are even aware of what took place, let alone how our media continues
to downplay it to this very day.
In an age where people like to think of themselves as well informed, I find that just more than just a
little disturbing.

I went and checked out the reviews on it here are two :

There was definitely a plot taking place during this time in our country. Doesn’t show up in our history books! We must do our own research.

2hrs14 I will never get back. Superb acting but soooooo long, random, rambling. Waste of an important story
It's a clever comedy. Negative reviewers are just unable to grasp. Watch it.

Three Berries

Chicago Values

Fhj-ylvX0AAx_B5

Gry

Veteran

AVAILABLE TO STREAM: NOV 2ND 4AM - DEC 7TH 12PM PST
Vigilante: Georgia’s Vote Suppression Hitman
Greg Palast and his investigations team bust the most brazen, racist attack on voting rights yet—engineered by Georgia’s Brian Kemp.

Latest posts

Latest posts