What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Cannavore

Veteran
they're very basic polls actually that ive seen done time and time again. normally what's left out is the part about bernie sanders. people are more polarized about politicians than the actual policies. ie - polarized voters (hardcore dems and repubs) like bernie style policies when they don't think theyre being said by bernie type politicians. if trump came out tomorrow and adopted bernie's platform i would vote for trump. i could care less who the message carrier is. at this point i just want universal healthcare and whatnot. it would be a start in the right direction.

it's also why bernie would have beaten trump in 2016. people hated HRC, Trump was an unknown at the time, and Bernie commanded great republican crossover voter appeal.

Cannavore

Veteran

Volcanna

Veteran
''dude thought amy klobuchar was the correct choice in the recent elections lol''

i agree she prob would not have been the rite choice...BUT... could she do a worse job then sleepy is doing?? -
Fuuuuck! To think there were like 30 people who wanted the dem nomination. But Joe was the best choice?

Cannavore

Veteran
joe biden, the dude that was in like 6th place after nevada, who suddenly overnight became the frontrunner after barack obama and jim clyburn called all the other candidates on the phone and told them to drop out with the promise of some sort of bribe, to put their weight behind joe, except for liz warren because she would tactically split the bernie vote, is exactly why i will never vote for any of these people and actively wish to see their downfall.

Volcanna

Veteran
they're very basic polls actually that ive seen done time and time again. normally what's left out is the part about bernie sanders. people are more polarized about politicians than the actual policies. ie - polarized voters (hardcore dems and repubs) like bernie style policies when they don't think theyre being said by bernie type politicians. if trump came out tomorrow and adopted bernie's platform i would vote for trump. i could care less who the message carrier is. at this point i just want universal healthcare and whatnot. it would be a start in the right direction.

it's also why bernie would have beaten trump in 2016. people hated HRC, Trump was an unknown at the time, and Bernie commanded great republican crossover voter appeal.
Yeah, I was just thinking I love and Trust the government so much I can’t wait to put them in charge of my healthcare. And government employees are just the best workers. The government just spends my tax dollars so efficiently. Here’s my money.

Cannavore

Veteran
thats obviously the simplistic way of looking at this. the government needs an overhaul desperately which would hopefully come with such policies. but at the same time, it can't be ignored that pretty much every country that has enacted universal health care has better health outcomes than the US.

single payer health care programs don't mean government control either, really. it just means the government collects the bill for all of us collectively, then pays a discounted rate. it also doesn't mean "private" health care companies are abolished. we spend as individual americans the most money in the world for our healthcare, with equal or worse outcomes to the countries that rank the best in terms of healthcare outcomes. i simply want the US to be #1 in categories such as these, as well as overall health, education, etc.

Volcanna

Veteran
not that i'm an expert on the time period or anything but i get it. if these folks thought their way of life was ending then fuck it live it up. so many that i talk to these days feel the same way - shit is collapsing all around us.
Yep, the pathway to degeneracy. Now this is happening.
0C8612DC-E3A7-4D5E-8D78-6BF0C79E4C8E.jpeg

Volcanna

Veteran
thats obviously the simplistic way of looking at this. the government needs an overhaul desperately which would hopefully come with such policies. but at the same time, it can't be ignored that pretty much every country that has enacted universal health care has better health outcomes than the US.

single payer health care programs don't mean government control either, really. it just means the government collects the bill for all of us collectively, then pays a discounted rate. it also doesn't mean "private" health care companies are abolished. we spend as individual americans the most money in the world for our healthcare, with equal or worse outcomes to the countries that rank the best in terms of healthcare outcomes. i simply want the US to be #1 in categories such as these, as well as overall health, education, etc.
I agree. Improvements should be made. Insurance companies and healthcare providers need new regulations. But using my tax dollars to save boomers who ate McDonald’s their entire life ain’t happening.

Cannavore

Veteran
I agree. Improvements should be made. Insurance companies and healthcare providers need new regulations. But using my tax dollars to save boomers who ate McDonald’s their entire life ain’t happening.
sure but the thing is something like single payer is provably cheaper by the magnitude of trillions of dollars than it is to keep doing what we're doing right now. you're already paying for instance, for the un-insured and the homeless to get medical treatment. why not make it so we're covering all american citizens, and at a cheaper rate lol.

it's been a minute since i've looked this up but health care costs are usually done over a 10yr period. the last time i looked this info up was around the first time Bernie was running, and the data basically stated health care costs will rise roughly from 2016 to 2027 by 5% per year, leading up to about $50 trillion over the next 10 years.... single payer cost estimates are roughly $10 trillion lower than that.

Volcanna

Veteran
sure but the thing is something like single payer is provably cheaper by the magnitude of trillions of dollars than it is to keep doing what we're doing right now. you're already paying for instance, for the un-insured and the homeless to get medical treatment. why not make it so we're covering all american citizens, and at a cheaper rate lol.

it's been a minute since i've looked this up but health care costs are usually done over a 10yr period. the last time i looked this info up was around the first time Bernie was running, and the data basically stated health care costs will rise roughly from 2016 to 2027 by 5% per year, leading up to about $50 trillion over the next 10 years.... single payer cost estimates are roughly $10 trillion lower than that.
The pitiful part is the healthcare Lobbyists are too powerful. They won’t let that 10T go now. Even if we the people all agreed on a cheaper way to do it, they wouldn’t let it happen.

Cannavore

Veteran
yeah for sure. that's one of the big reasons why even the DNC was against Bernie lol. they have the same political billionaire and millionaire donors as the RNC does. hell, AIPAC and Republican donors have been openly donating to Democrats this cycle to keep the more "progressive" types out of office. to me that speaks volumes that both parties are willing to "come together" to defeat the most lefty candidates. they don't really do that with the righties lol do they? in many instances they help prop them up. and in the case of American foreign policy, that's been standard operating procedure for the last 70+ years.... financially back the dictators and fascists and militants over the lefty and pro democracy candidates in South America, the Middle East, etc.

Last edited:

Volcanna

Veteran
is Bernie the only truly elected progressive out there right now? AOC ran unopposed in her primary, right?

Cannavore

Veteran
i haven't really kept up. there's a progressive caucus within the dem party but it's pretty much been co-opted by establishment dems along with the progressive label. when you have pelosi, hillary, bernie, etc all calling themselves progressives even though those two have drastically different politics than Bernie, it's time to fucking stop lol.

the leader of the progressive caucus, Jayapal, is a coward who won't oppose Pelosi or the Dem establishment in any meaningful way, nor will they apply pressure to Biden. Neither will the AOC types so they're pretty much useless to me lol. they seem more satisfied with being fundraisers for the DNC while tweeting platitudes about the policies they once supported (such as medicare for all). honestly though Bernie and Ilhan Omar are about the only two that I see have a backbone. Bernie also fumbled the ball hard on his last presidential attempt with all the "my good pal Joe" talk.

Hempy McNoodle

First the medical establishment must be purged and all of the racketeering must be prosecuted. Medicine should pretty much be scrapped and rebuilt efficiently for the people. If this happens, surgeries will cost under $100 dollars rather than over $100,000.

End price gouging, then make it single payer.

No point in making a single payer system if they over-charge everything 10,000 fold (am I right?).

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i know a lot of rich/rich greeks in the shipping industry - every single one of them come to america for their health care... they don't stay in greece, or go to london, or germany... they come to america.... so we must be doing something rite....

Latest posts

Latest posts