What's new

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Cannavore

Veteran
Don’t care if you “served”. The U.S. is not the reason for every fuck up in the world.
perhaps not every fuck up but over 50% easily lol. if your country assassinates the democratically elected leader of another country and installs a military dictatorship in it's place to purposefully benefit American corporations at the expense of human lives, which the US has done countless times, you really have no leg to stand on.

US Provides Military Assistance to 73 Percent of World’s Dictatorships​

Gry

Veteran
Don’t care if you “served”. The U.S. is not the reason for every fuck up in the world.
It is that very lack of care which I find disgusting.
I love and have affection for this county and those who do serve it well.

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran
A small number of families had control of Mexico for many many years. It is not the result of U.S. operations. A little less hate for one’s own country.
Try asking that small handful of families how they felt about the us military crossing the border with each oil strike, as if it was the threshold of the local bar prior to WWII ?
The opening German air-strikes of WWII were made using oil from Mexico.
It was with good reason that Mexico did nationalize their oil industry

Last edited:

Brother Nature

Just remember the ignore list is there for a reason. Not having to read people like h.h's inane egocentric posts vastly improves the experience of these forums. This new software is even better in that you don't even see quoted responses from those you ignore. Sometimes conversing with certain types on these forums is like being a salmon trying to swim upstream but instead smashing it's head against the same rock, over and over again. Sometimes if you remove the rock you can actually make some progress.

h.h.

Veteran
Try asking that small handful of families how they felt about the us military crossing the border with each oil strike, as if it was the threshold of the local bar prior to WWII ?
The opening German air-strikes of WWII were made using oil from Mexico.
It was with good reason that Mexico did nationalize their oil industry
Absolutely wrong.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just remember the ignore list is there for a reason. Not having to read people like h.h's inane egocentric posts vastly improves the experience of these forums. This new software is even better in that you don't even see quoted responses from those you ignore. Sometimes conversing with certain types on these forums is like being a salmon trying to swim upstream but instead smashing it's head against the same rock, over and over again. Sometimes if you remove the rock you can actually make some progress.
it's just too bad there's not a button that dispenses midol and vaginal de-sanding to the pms posters:)

h.h.

Veteran
On June 7, 1938, President Cárdenas issued a decree creating Petróleos Mexicanos (PEMEX), with exclusive rights over exploration, extraction, refining, and commercialization of oil in Mexico. On June 20, PEMEX started operations.

OppositionEdit

InternationalEdit

In retaliation, the oil companies initiated a public relations campaign against Mexico, urging people to stop buying Mexican goods and lobbyingto embargo U.S. technology to Mexico. Many foreign governments closed their markets to Mexican oil, hoping that PEMEX would drown in its own oil. However, the U.S. government of Franklin Delano Roosevelt had issued the Good Neighbor Policy, aiming to recalibrate U.S.-Latin American relations; the U.S. government did not intervene to aid U.S. oil companies affected by the Mexican expropriation. Mexican finances suffered due to the boycott, the Mexican peso was devalued, and an immediate 20% increase in prices was suffered by the Mexican population. In a trip to New York to negotiate with oil companies, Mexican treasury minister, Suarez, serendipitously met an American intermediate, William Rhodes Davis from Davis Oil Company, who had a refinery in Europe, and asked for a collaboration. Davis mediated between Mexico and Germany to a barter agreement where Mexico would give crude oil to Davis, who then would provide refined oil products to Germany in exchange for machinery to Mexico.[7] By 1940, Mexico had an agreement with the American Sinclair Oil Corporation to sell crude oil to the U.S, and the full-scale war in Europe guaranteed that Mexican oil would have international customers.[8] PEMEX developed into one of the largest oil companies in the world and helped Mexico become the world's seventh-largest oil exporter.[9]

Gry

Veteran
You got drafted .
No, I was never drafted, went though the lottery only once, and I was fortunate as one could be with it.
You used to be a person of reason, or so it seemed. At some point in the recent past, something changed
with you, and it is reflected in your postings.
I hope that you are able to get over what ever it is that makes you think you are able make judgements
about those whom you know not a damned thing about.

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
perhaps not every fuck up but over 50% easily lol. if your country assassinates the democratically elected leader of another country and installs a military dictatorship in it's place to purposefully benefit American corporations at the expense of human lives, which the US has done countless times, you really have no leg to stand on./[/URL]

stop bringing up the past - we haven't assassinated another leader in years.... ok... months.... ok , it was last week.... but now we have learned our lesson...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
why? ego & $$$. i WOULD have added "power", but seemed pointless...:shucks:

h.h.

Veteran
No, I was never drafted, went though the lottery only once, and I was fortunate as one could be with it.
You used to be a person of reason, or so it seemed. At some point in the recent past, something changed
with you, and it is reflected in your postings.
I hope that you are able to get over what ever it is that makes you think you are able make judgements
about those whom you know not a damned thing about.
I’m getting tired of the misrepresented judgements against my country. I also get tired of ex military using their past, leaning on their past, regardless of service, most who cruised through as much as possible. Some were heroic. Mostly for nothing. Some feel it gave them a right to storm the capitol. Still they have no more rights than those who didn’t. No more love of country.
I am a person of reason. I don’t bend to the extreme right or as in your case, the extreme left. I don’t base facts off of pure opinion pieces. I choose the facts. While the facts aren’t always clear, I don’t dwell in made up stories from the sons of politicians with no credibility of their own. There’s really little difference between the two extremes. Neither takes responsibility while blaming others. They both spread bullshit.
America is far from perfect, as are all societies. Some politicians have been corrupted while greed has ran amuck. We improve ourselves through democracy. We are the best country that we’ve ever been and we’re improving. Not 3rd world status. Not bottom of the heap. That’s hatred.

Gry

Veteran
why? ego & $$$. i WOULD have added "power", but seemed pointless...:shucks:
One of the things I found most interesting about the first excursion of troops to Russia was the president had suffered a stroke, and that
the decision to send troops to Russia would have been made by cabinet members.

h.h.

Veteran
thats the beauty of it.... u only find out years later.....
We’re pretty open about our assassinations. It’s often the public that demands them. Remembering 9/11, there was a big push to kill somebody. The public didn’t make many other demands. Mostly that they were the same shade and religion as the hijackers. Or at least close.