What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

packerfan79

Veteran
Maybe I'm missing something.

Why are you here?

I'm not saying there aren't other reasons, but it seems like you are suggesting that pot sites are not informational.

My holiday sucked. I hope yours was better.

My only obsession in threads like this are to keep as many people grounded as I can.

Trumpmania is contagious and we can't have an epidemic because he feeds on worship and may well decide to run in 2020 if enough idiots line up to echo his praises of himself.

Not claiming this site has no information. It's a great resource for growers. Not such a great resource for unrelated things. Specifically information on active duty military. Sorry, I assumed that would be obvious.

I am here, because the left has become a monolithic march towards the glorious utopia. You know the one where anyone who dares to think the sovereignty of the individual is paramount is labeled a racist, bigot, homophobe, xenophobe, transphobe Etc... I am the person who will speak in threads full of leftists lunacy. A voice of opposition.

Your idea of grounding is called propaganda. I find it unusual that the people who claim Trump and realistically anyone remotely conservative are brainwashed. You could replace essentially any mainstream media personality. ( historically the source of most propaganda) you guys are idealogicaly in lock step. the right have a vast amount of variation on Trump and the conservative platform. Ultimately it's has nothing to do with Trump, you would say the same shit about any conservative. The overtop nature of Trump just allows a descent into madness openly. The left makes no attempt to hide it now.

Well, if you weren't so damn mean mr. Mustard. Maybe you would have a better holiday. Seriously bummer about the sucky holiday.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not claiming this site has no information. It's a great resource for growers. Not such a great resource for unrelated things. Specifically information on active duty military. Sorry, I assumed that would be obvious.

I am here, because the left has become a monolithic march towards the glorious utopia. You know the one where anyone who dares to think the sovereignty of the individual is paramount is labeled a racist, bigot, homophobe, xenophobe, transphobe Etc... I am the person who will speak in threads full of leftists lunacy. A voice of opposition.

Your idea of grounding is called propaganda. I find it unusual that the people who claim Trump and realistically anyone remotely conservative are brainwashed. You could replace essentially any mainstream media personality. ( historically the source of most propaganda) you guys are idealogicaly in lock step. the right have a vast amount of variation on Trump and the conservative platform. Ultimately it's has nothing to do with Trump, you would say the same shit about any conservative. The overtop nature of Trump just allows a descent into madness openly. The left makes no attempt to hide it now.

Well, if you weren't so damn mean mr. Mustard. Maybe you would have a better holiday. Seriously bummer about the sucky holiday.
Since you would/will not address any points I would make regarding this post, I will just chuckle to myself and enjoy your theatre of the absurd.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Ultimately it's has nothing to do with Trump, you would say the same shit about any conservative.

This is a complete and utter lie.

I vote for plenty of conservatives so you can get off that train.

My guess is you've not read what I've said and just heard whatever you wanted me to say.

Speaking up about a passionate idiot idol stirring shit up isn't propaganda.

Propaganda is Trump's Twitter feed.

And from where I'm sitting it certainly seems like a good guess when you meet a racist homophobic xenophobe to bet they're a registered Republican.

Carry on.

:friends:

Gry

Veteran
Packer, what you see here are a collection of people here who served from several countries and many different branches, but we do have a bond.

You feel like a walking commercial for mandatory service.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
To answer the original question too much wealth and ease created weakness. Letting in 125 or so million third worlders since 1965 was not a help either.

Lots of mentally challenged folks in here whining on Trump of course. This will go on till he is reelected, then they will go into a coma.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
To answer the original question too much wealth and ease created weakness. Letting in 125 or so million third worlders since 1965 was not a help either.

Lots of mentally challenged folks in here whining on Trump of course. This will go on till he is reelected, then they will go into a coma.

I believe up to this point, there is a chance of him being re-elected. The ignorant are going to dig heels in, kind of a last stand thing. The problem for trump is going to be the moderately intelligent people who felt it was time to roll the dice on an outsider. The only way they go trump again, that I could possibly see, is if somehow Hillary steals another nomination. And that's IF he doesn't crack before 2020. I cannot imagine the stress he's under. Tough job if you do it right. The way he does it has to be exhausting.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I believe up to this point, there is a chance of him being re-elected. The ignorant are going to dig heels in, kind of a last stand thing. The problem for trump is going to be the moderately intelligent people who felt it was time to roll the dice on an outsider. The only way they go trump again, that I could possibly see, is if somehow Hillary steals another nomination. And that's IF he doesn't crack before 2020. I cannot imagine the stress he's under. Tough job if you do it right. The way he does it has to be exhausting.
Without immigration, your economy goes backwards, and that's the *only reason you lead the world's economy today. Watch what happens to the German and French economies in 20 years.

As for Trump, I think he's more a buffoon than Bush every was. He's probably the worst president ever. Having said that, I like what he wants to do, but his execution sucks on an epic scale. And that risks another global war. Most if not all wars start with trade disputes. The need for more cows is a powerful force.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ You got half right so that is something. The US has depended on legal and illegal immigration to run a fake economy or ponzi scheme. Trump was the only one to call them on that. The government is fully in support of immigration legal or not to keep this crap train rolling and has been forcing it on the public forever. It was never voted in by the public at any time.

Ponzi schemes fail at the end btw and with a bunch of different tribes barely assimilated it will not be pretty.

Trump is the best president of my lifetime and executes very well. You missed those points. Oh you are Canadian, you are excused I guess. Carter and Obama the worst with the rest being not very good imo.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Economy is fucked because it is based of our government encouraging us to borrow and spend as much money as we can on a bunch of wasteful crap that is designed to break. Then if you cant make payments just go bankrupt. So everyone owes more more more.

Not sure what immigrants has to do with it unless you want to give them credit cards.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm a citizen of this good planet 1st, and a Canadian 2nd.

You can get what you want by being diplomatic. He just doesn't know how. He's lived his life by strong arming his way around, and that can backfire. What do I mean by diplomacy? Canada's Immigration is merit based. "What have you got to offer? What is your education? Do you have money to invest and are you starting a business?" and it goes on. We do accept refugees, but only a set amount every year, and they must take language classes and other helpful (for us) cultural assistance. And if church groups want to sponsor a family, the group is responsible for their financial support.

Trump has said publicly, several times, he wants an immigration system like Canada's. The problem is you don't get that type of system over night, and it has to be done covertly. Does that make us hypocrites? Yup. But you do what ever it takes, the easiest way you can. Trump is doing it the hard way.

On trade, he's absolutely right, but you'll pay for it. He can raise tariffs on steel all he likes, but the American people will pay for the tariffs while the target country loses a tiny fraction. You can't just build a smelter when you need one. it's more complicated than that.

Gry

Veteran
There was a guy named Ross Perot who spoke of a giant sucking sound.
He was called crazy, by those who were busy shipping jobs off.

Gry

Veteran
^^ You got half right so that is something. The US has depended on legal and illegal immigration to run a fake economy or ponzi scheme. Trump was the only one to call them on that. The government is fully in support of immigration legal or not to keep this crap train rolling and has been forcing it on the public forever. It was never voted in by the public at any time.

Ponzi schemes fail at the end btw and with a bunch of different tribes barely assimilated it will not be pretty.

Trump is the best president of my lifetime and executes very well. You missed those points. Oh you are Canadian, you are excused I guess. Carter and Obama the worst with the rest being not very good imo.

The current immigration situation was set up directly by Ronnie.
He changed the policy of prosecutors going after employers who hired those here illegally.
Done at the behest of wealthy donors within the meat and construction industries. The unions...
As far as Ponzi schemes go, trickle down pretty well reigns supreme in a class of it's own.
Less military conflict under Carter than any president since the last world war. Interesting you describe that as a low water mark.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
There was a guy named Ross Perot who spoke of a giant sucking sound.
He was called crazy, by those who were busy shipping jobs off.

He was crazy and an alarmist, just like Trump. Canada was never a threat. If anything, you could lean on us. The real threats are 3rd and 4th world nations including China. But hey... keep buying crap t-shirts made in Bangladesh. As long as you save a buck, you can keep your eyes closed.

A QUALITY T-Shirt made in the USA should cost you no more than $10. But big business buddies of the politico want to make $9 on a $10 item instead of $7. All we hear about are the big ticket items. How often do you buy a new car or even a washing machine? Once every 10 years? Fuck that shit. Want to increase jobs? Tariff textiles and trinkets 1000%. You've grown into cheap consumers looking to save pennies and it's ruined your country. You guys don't even make umbrellas anymore. Fuck, you can't even make a pencil!! lol.

The only ones making anything, including money, are big business that republican and democrats get rich off of. So keep believing the bullshit they're feeding you. You seem to like it.

Gry

Veteran
He was crazy and an alarmist, just like Trump. Canada was never a threat. If anything, you could lean on us. The real threats are 3rd and 4th world nations including China. But hey... keep buying crap t-shirts made in Bangladesh. As long as you save a buck, you can keep your eyes closed.

A QUALITY T-Shirt made in the USA should cost you no more than $10. But big business buddies of the politico want to make $9 on a $10 item instead of $7. All we hear about are the big ticket items. How often do you buy a new car or even a washing machine? Once every 10 years? Fuck that shit. Want to increase jobs? Tariff textiles and trinkets 1000%. You've grown into cheap consumers looking to save pennies and it's ruined your country. You guys don't even make umbrellas anymore. Fuck, you can't even make a pencil!! lol

Old Ross never had anything but phrase and appreciation for our neighbors to the North.
Had he been elected, I have every confidence his first visit would have been the traditional visit of Canada.
He was attempting to speak out against the deportation of jobs to the lowest bidder.
Unlike most of our politicians, the guy really did have a background of impressive accomplishment.
They used the mighty Wurlitzer to paint him as a kook, so they
could continue unimpeded stripping and ripping the guts out.
Which is still running full tilt boogie, this very moment

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Old Ross never had anything but phrase and appreciation for our neighbors to the North.
Had he been elected, I have every confidence his first visit would have been the traditional visit of Canada.
He was attempting to speak out against the deportation of jobs to the lowest bidder.
Unlike most of our politicians, the guy really did have a background of impressive accomplishment.
They used the mighty Wurlitzer to paint him as a kook, so they
could continue unimpeded stripping and ripping the guts out.
Which is still running full tilt boogie, this very moment

I can agree with that. The great sucking sound was directed at FTA, the precursor of NAFTA. Former Liberal prime minister John Turner called the FTA the “sale of Canada act.” It was more of a giveaway than a sale.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The current immigration situation was set up directly by Ronnie.
He changed the policy of prosecutors going after employers who hired those here illegally.
Done at the behest of wealthy donors within the meat and construction industries. The unions...
As far as Ponzi schemes go, trickle down pretty well reigns supreme in a class of it's own.
Less military conflict under Carter than any president since the last world war. Interesting you describe that as a low water mark.

I think we do not agree on much but I do hold Reagan responsible for not stopping illegal migration. His amnesty encouraged it and then he blames the dems for failing to follow his directions on that, like he was a newbie in politics and could not see that coming.

Carter was not that bad I guess just not very good. Not getting into a war was a plus. Iran was terribly handled. The Shah was no nice guy but what followed was far worse.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Iran was a mess because private industry influences politics.

The USA and UK wanted cheap oil.

Carter didn't give birth to Rockefeller.

How about that Contra scandal though, huh?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
You know, just once it would be nice to see someone justify being proud of our nation's history of international dealings while being aware of the intention behind it....

And not sound like Trump.

It seems rare for us to step in to help anyone unless it's in our economical interest.