What's new

too many OGs!

mrflamboynt

I love variety i have 24 different mother plants.
My first problem is most of the new goofy names are crosses that suck ass and sometimes in no way represent lineage.
Second problem is old original strains people rename and try to say they created.
Third weak strains with the same name as a great strain gets cloned and or pollinated and passed around, watering down the gene pool and giving bad reviews to killer strains.
And last but not least if all we have is crossed versions of original strains sooner or later traits will be lossed. look what happend to R.K. skunk.

and on the name mrflamboyant anyone from the bay area knows its a old school E-40 song hell im into metal and live in northern cali and even i know that

good call Rj! :tiphat: i sport my handle proudly...

surely everyone agrees with what your saying regarding the preservation of original strains, im sure folks are stashing them. at the very least preserving what qualities that are remaining from some older strains... i think most of the time the fakers are spotted sooner or later.... usually later. but even if these growers who might make weak stuff due to weak genes or what not, they wont be doing it for long. no one will want it....

even if these strains get completely melted together eventually, the way people breed them is to capitalize on the best traits, while "weeding out" the bad ones. the line of lineage in most plants will be too long to track, only really knowing the last few generations. which reminds me, i gotta trace my lineage....

last, i know the frustration of getting some crazy power bud, and wanting to grow it, but cant track it. then running into dead end after dead end because of so many fakes out there... SHIT!

the search for chem dawg continues!....

JOJO420

Veteran
haha , went into a Ca dispensary for the first time in in months the other day and on the board was " Smack yo Mama Og" and "Dick in the Dirt Og" I'm not kidding. I promptly laughed in their face and left .