What's new

too many OGs!

do you guys think it's getting to be ridiculous how many OGs there are out there? i feel like before it was just og kush and then there was like tahoe og, ghost og, larry og, ****** og, fire og, sfv og, abusive og and a few others. i was fine with those because i know where most of those came from and know they are good and legit ogs. but now i go to clubs in la and i see even more ogs. i see ridiculous names like nasa og, jupiter og, mars og. it seems like ppl are just making up names for ogs. it's really lame. they aren't even dank like the original ogs like fire, sfv, and tahoe. i just think it is ridiculous. you ask the club what's the difference in the ogs and they don't have any idea. and when you bring them dank ass fire og they low ball the fuck out of you cause they have some "nasa og" that they got for hella cheap.

smokefrogg

Veteran
agreed, but man some of those ogs are pretty impressive, really dig a good batch of mars earth or jupiter

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
first, i agree...

second, know your history brah, the planetary kushes are all originally from the Earth Collective in los angeles (now Green Earth Collective) and they are afaik just renamed cuts of known kushes such as master, sfv og, pure kush, etc...

shit got complicated when people started naming their cuts arbitrarily, but bottom line is bomb kush is bomb kush, and will always be sought after.

G

growhigh1233

its called a bandwagon !!

a trend !!

i dont rate og's personaly .................. good smoke but its no sensi star in the power stakes and its no blueberry in the taste stakes

person i think its a good yielding plant with a catchy name ........... thats my summery of it !!

fire og, tahoe og, and sfv og have been some of my favorite strains. they all taste so amazing and are so hard hitting. and imo the yeilds are way smaller than a lot of other strains.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Around here, so many dispensaries have renamed various stuff OG that it's lost it's meaning and mostly results in eye rolling around knowlegable growers. I guess it's like the term 'Cheeze' in the UK, or 'The Piff' in the South Bronx. It's a shame when dispensaries do the renaming thing. It surprises me that they don't seem to know how important the information that's been collected on the product is to the value of the product itself. By renaming, you lose all that info. People want to know things about their product like how it was grown and how it affects other people medicinally, etc.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya the og's at the clubs in cali have just been bastardized like nothing before in history...ha...it is so far beyond ridiculous...the fact that 'kush' is even in the name from jump is stupid as hell....
----and obviously not everyone who has tried it has tried the real thing...as much as i hate the whole entire og scene here...its bomb ass shit! a few of the cuts ive tried/grown have been among the very best cannabis ive ever tried...and the taste is just freakin glorious! my advice, if your in cali....get 4-6 diff cuts and try em all...decide which one is best for you, and keep it...currently flowering valley, lemon, southwest and tahoe...wont bother listing all i have tried...too long a list...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
^^yep, lots of people collect OG cuts out here

i have the Jupiter, Earth, Fire, Tahoe, and SFV in my immediate circle. jupiter is my fave, came from a seed i popped 4 years back

but to be honest if you line them all up and blindfold me, i couldn't tell you which is which after a fat session

smokefrogg

Veteran
^^^ nice man, glad you got a jupiter, hope it's as dank as the one i had tried with that unique weird taste on the edge of it

praisehim.

Veteran
^^ jupiters nice. but really though guys... more breeding, more genetics. its never gonna stop, people will keep breeding, and making names..

just enjoy it, find what you love and never let go !

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
ive been collecting for some years now, all my stuff is tryed and true. every time im down in so cal i pick up another, there all bomb. the name thing has gotten a lil out of control.lol

SourDThatsMe

Yea I still have a OG kush that Ive had since before I know about all the different cuts, I just call it my old OG or my san diego OG becuase thats where I got it and people allways ask what cut it is.

Yes_I_Am

the uk cheese thing is silly it seems anything with a slightly skunky smell is now called cheese, i had to search far and wide b4 i got the real deal and still to this day people claim its not, so i just picked my favourite cheese from the most trusted person i know and stuck with that, i never told ny1 it was cheese then it was confirmed by many people after smokeing it that indeed it was the real deal.

you guys are lucky you have the clubs, i had to find underground growers to get my genetics. i wish i could just go to a shop. its the same with the arcarta trainwreck.

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
there is no such strain as arcata train wreck.......REAL trainwreck is named petaluma trainwreck thats where XXXXXX made it,he then moved to arcata and that where peeps think its from.ive seen the ish myself.not to mention i own a house in arcata.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
OG is ridiculous..I tried to do a bunch of research on OGkush cuts a while back...here's a few of my notes;

( I'm not trying to start any arguments with the following, it's not info, it's my notes....I've never even had a real cut of OG kush..just popped a few bagseeds once that I was impressed with...so I wanted to make sure I did my homework on it in case I ever ran into an "elite" cut. )

============================
OG Kush cuts: lemon, fuel, skunk, musk

fire (******) - Lemon/fuel bright orange pistils
platinum - lemon fuel
sfv (swerve) - lemon
ghost (ORGNKID/ghost)
tahoe (swerve) - SKUNK/lemon
abusive (abusive/snoop)
poison (O.Gkushman/BS)
headband/707
larry
ogers kush (greencrackman?)
greencrack/GCM?
private reserve/PR
triple(X) og (ORGNKID) - +yield FUEL/lemon
sac#2 (O.Gkushman/DjMuggs)
******'s (OG******) (fire?)
HA's
pitbull? (rez's)

Humboldt
Diablo (rdc disp) - lemonpledge/musk
===============================

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
^green crack is not an OG cut, niether is headband

and they all smell like lemoney skunky fuel lol, nice notes...

not talking shit btw

drymouth

Most average consumers do really care about all the hype and funny names. I've actually been behind the counter at a club and seen dam near all costumers fall prey to the name game. they would literally pass up some real deal dank for some "charle Sheen OG" or any of those funny name Og's. Most of that hype comes from the workers not knowing a dam thing!

Customer: "dam yo, charle sheen og...... Whaaaaat...... thats my shit yo!"

I completely agree. in the past like 2 years there has been like another 50 OG strains. its quite rediculous, i think most people just give it the name so that people go oooo OG thats what the OG's smoke it must be the best ..or whatever it is its all a marketing ploy now instead of a fun and creative way to keep track of strains and genetics that frequent our circles. i am not an OG guy , nope.. lol but i have had so far 2 good OG strains, the first which is my second fav OG (second out of two haha) is SFV OG i thought it was pretty good and stoney, but still better was the LA OG, it was La CON and OG kush , a orange citrus funk taste and a high that is comparable to any supper dank indica a spacey couchlock feeling.. mm.. but why cant people try new things.. instead of makeing OG this and OG that every other week , go back to the landraces , find some long lost or yet to be discoverd genetics .. *sigh trends...

SourDThatsMe

Yea I bought some super michael phelps right after it won the san diego medical cup last year. It was just some good OG kush, but funny thing is I bought the xxx skywalker and the private reserve OG at the same club and I thought they where both better than the super Michael Phelps. I couldent pass up the michael phelps because the picture and name where to funny, and it smelled like some dank OG. Damn funny OG names. Actually they had another OG in there too that was DANK, but they called it the brown bomber, but it was DANK.

Latest posts

Latest posts