What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Too damn hot

iLuv2BlAzE

Hey there gypsy nirvana nice 2 see u out n about stay warm... Over here we get 85 degree days followed by days that feel in the 60s this northeast weather is crazzzzy forecast said rain all week last night here we are 81 degrees sunny n breezy lol...

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
SCORCHIO!

I'm happy to be in the UK and away from scorching heat right now.

It was so chilly last night I had to wear a 'Beanie' hat, just to keep my head warm...lol

Awe man.... I think I'd fall to heat exhaustion pretty quick if put a beanie on!lol

I gotta say though..... as jealous as I am of your ability to see your frosty breath in that chilly English air, at least I'm not under water!lol

Them Texans have it tough right now. We have earthquakes here, I actually live right on top of fault line that was responsible for the '96 quake, an we're due for another but they can be real selective with regards to the damage cause and clean up can start pretty much immediately. Same with tornados I guess, but floods fuk everybody's shit up.

It's high noon and 104f, with temp expected to climb to 106-107f by 3pm.

EasyGoing

Was 112 the other day. Suppose to have 10 days over 100 in a row. Plants dont seem to miss a beat, but the bugs sure multiply faster!

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
what about mister lines?

I've never used misters for anything other than rooting clones.

Setting them up right now would probably be more work than I think it's worth just cause the plants are big enough to be awkward to work around.

Its a trip how easy it is to fall into a bush when your reaching over it and your beer belly crosses that imaginary line!lol I've done it many times over the years.lo

I guess humidity would be my other concern. It's already fairly humid and I'd be hesitant to add to it especially now that theyre starting to put on weight.

thankfully they wouldn't call it a "wave" if it wasn't expected to pass.

"agarra la onda".....its literal translation is "catch the wave" but it's often used to say "go with the flow". As far as these temps go....I think it's better to roll with the punches than to try and fight it.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Was 112 the other day. Suppose to have 10 days over 100 in a row. Plants dont seem to miss a beat, but the bugs sure multiply faster!

My ancient blueberry clone doesn't seem to mind but I have some OG crosses that seem to not be able to cope with the heat nearly as well. I'm keeping them perfectly hydrated yet they seem to be slightly limp. Not too limp, just slightly. I'm not worried about it as I've seen many plants do the same thing in these conditions over the years.

Again.... just part of the deal.

Mother Nature never asks for my input only my respect. I guess you can say she's a bit of a bitch. c'est la vie!

MrBungle

Its a trip how easy it is to fall into a bush when your reaching over it and your beer belly crosses that imaginary line!lol I've done it many times over the years.lo

....I think it's better to roll with the punches than to try and fight it.

Point taken! lol I thought you might've been in a desert area that is dry as well.. if you have humidity, misters aren't very useful

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
109 in the shade. One of those days...

Yes sir. Perfect day for margaritas! The Vitamix blender has been proving it's worth!

If the old lady knew what the hell went on here after she's gone off to work SHE'D QUIT WORK!haha so I keep that shit on the DL!haha gotta get my ME time.lol

That's how WE make it work!hahaha

EDIT: but yes......one of those days amigo.lol

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Point taken! lol I thought you might've been in a desert area that is dry as well.. if you have humidity, misters aren't very useful

Yeah...I can see them being a life saver in Victorville or other high desert areas. The valley can be humid compared to just over the hollywood hills. The difference in temp and humidity can be a lot depending on which side of the hills you call home.

It's not like Louisiana/Florida humid but it's humid enough, especially up inside the plant.

I'd prob use them earlier in the season here if I wasn't so damn lazy early in the season!lol

PDX Dopesmoker

If I don't spray foliar calcium on my rotbound tomato plants during hot weather & heavy watering the fruits get blossom end rot. Is it safe to assume that cannabis plants also will benefit from spray on calcium during hot weather?

Satyros

Yes I would say so.

We had the heat a few weeks ago and it baked my plants slightly, then I saw the brown spots from lack of calcium. I sprayed them with 10% milk, and next day they stood up more than they ever did before, so that seems to be extremely effective.

Limeygreen

Veteran
I have grown tomatoes outside (hoophouse) lower humidity 40-50% (tomatoes do better 65-85 rh) just with heavy watering and no blossom end rot even on roma tomatoes at 40-45 degrees c. To apply foliar feed means you don't have good mineral content in the soil or imbalance, if you have enough calcium in your soil, not too much magnesium potassium or phosphorus and you apply enough water for consistent moisture (which inconsistency interferes with calcium uptake) you should not have problems with calcium, foliar helps as a bandaid solution but indicates a problem in the soil weather it's a consistent moisture, imbalance in the soil or simply not enough calcium in the soil.

PDX Dopesmoker

I have grown tomatoes outside (hoophouse) lower humidity 40-50% (tomatoes do better 65-85 rh) just with heavy watering and no blossom end rot even on roma tomatoes at 40-45 degrees c. To apply foliar feed means you don't have good mineral content in the soil or imbalance, if you have enough calcium in your soil, not too much magnesium potassium or phosphorus and you apply enough water for consistent moisture (which inconsistency interferes with calcium uptake) you should not have problems with calcium, foliar helps as a bandaid solution but indicates a problem in the soil weather it's a consistent moisture, imbalance in the soil or simply not enough calcium in the soil.

Thanks, I had the same issue with blossom end rot last summer too so I used more eggshells in the mix this spring, but not enough apparently. Either that of the the eggshell calcium just isn't available to the plant. Just a couple days ago I read about "calphos" which seems like its some kind of method of extracting calcium from eggshells and turning it into some kind of fluid concentrate that can be diluted into water.

@baduy: yes my plants are 2weeks later this year too. Lucky me, this year i wanted to try some later flowering varieties too.. combined im about 2,5-3weeks later this year. gonna be a close homerun this year!

No. I live in a fairly hot climate, and summer flowering (indoors) is always shorter than when it is cooler. the strain I grow takes 6 to 7 weeks max in summer and 7.5 to 8 weeks in winter.

If you are seeing a delay in adding weight to the flowers then it could be that the strain you are growing is not coping well with the heat, and thus not photosynthesizing at their optimum rate.

bro, indoors and outdoors completely different game...
When Indoors you can water and cool down at night, give airflow spray dayly keet temps at 80-90°f 25-31!C and you will be golden, add some co2 too maybe...

3months of >30°C, >90°f and some days +100f even 110f°. in a Guerilla spot, even with water chrystals and a thick mulch i had to carry water and foliar spray with horsetail and fishmix at least once a week until beginning/mid August where i just said fuck it, god is taking care now :)
applied some onion/garlic spray, pruned and took all suckers away and will visit them again in late september since most but not all have started to flower 30.august... not afraid of budrot in september at least :D

Yes I would say so.

We had the heat a few weeks ago and it baked my plants slightly, then I saw the brown spots from lack of calcium. I sprayed them with 10% milk, and next day they stood up more than they ever did before, so that seems to be extremely effective.

I was reading a few different articles and gardening guides this year about prevention of PowderyMildew and Mould on vegetable plants, cucumbers, zuchinis, tomatoes...
many claimed that using milk was as efficient as using chemical preventatives. and they statet that the higher they went with %of milk, the grater the results, up to 60/40% milk/water and even pure milk testcrop did not become sick from the milk.
I think its the lactohormone/enzyme(idknow how to call scientiffically) but its the stuff that is higly available in coconut oil and female bodies contain this stuff too, thats why wimmen get less often attacked by moquito and tick than men are.

another test hat positive results with garlic or onion tea where you take 50gram of chopped material and soak it in hot water for 5min and let it cool down and apply it 1:1 or 1:2( i was afraid of 1:1 and applied 1:2) to my od spot in midday sun and no leafburn or burned pistils...
will try the milk on my mixed chem/organics spot, cant hurt..

I apply all this stuff up until week 2-3 of actual flowering, just once or twice.
Later in flower i have potassium bicarbonate on hand and as soon as i detect moulds, i will clean the affected area and apply pot.bic. and see what happens after a few days.
Praying helps too
have fun

Latest posts

Latest posts