What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tonys Tent or The Escape From The Closet of DOOM

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The boys were blowing up! Things should pick up for the girls over the next few weeks!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 17

Day 17

Update on the fellas, busted and doin hard time under a cfl somewhere downstate...

Mr. KQR ballsy as ever...

Do you see the monster stems on the 2.2 boy on the right? :tiphat:
Seem to be doing ok in there, stretchin alot though, but it looks like they are slowly working up some pollen eh?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres Mrs. Queen... <3

Trying to work out how to best take pics under hps... You can see how much I lst'd her...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The tables have turned, you can see Blue 1 is dominating the scene atm. To be fair the KQR girl is bushy to begin with and I lst the crap out of her, you can remember how well the blue liked bein messed with when my top popped right off! So I have left them be after shaping those 4 main tops.

You can see blue 2 to the upper left, she has not near the size and vigor of 1 and her growth pattern is not near as regular. The IC are chillin popped out of veg and into flower very fast as to be expected with monster clones. Could have let them all veg longer but hey thats what the clones are for next time!

On to some buds....

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll throw some KQR shots up in a few more days when she gets going. Thanks for reading! :tiphat:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya,,tony,,,i would like that blue1,,i love those naughty girls that try and take the whole room over,,recently had a ak47xnl that tried that,,needed to be firm with that young lady ,,,nice work tony,,looking forward to seeing some lovely buds,,well done buddy,,,,peace and safe growing s2

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HEya s2 happy new year man! You can't see in those pics but she is tied down well... How about them ICE Cream girls! That cut is the hand grenade pheno. Gonna throw some KQR dust and Blue dust on each of em and see what we get. HAND GRENADe pheno times massive crystals and funk omnomnomnom. Interested to see, some people have speculated that the ice cream is sterile if you make seeds...

I looked up as much as i could and these strains don't seem to share a common ancestor. If it works maybe i can find hand grenade pheno in the cross with hybrid vigor :tiphat:
The KQR AND The Blue is known to get tons of crystals and the IC isn't a slouch in that regard either. I figure some good strong smell and maybe some kick from the
KQR's. Tons of crystals and color from the blues... I'm interested to see if this works, it will be my first time trying for seeds for myself. I may try to dust a few flowers KQR x 2.2 as well, maybe more potency for the blue? Some people are saying the blue is very dominant in crosses, I am guessing of being from the real inbred dj short genetics? Still working out the crosses and how i should do them in my mind, any advice is greatly appreciated!

Speaking of, do those pollen sacks look like they are getting close? Im kind of winging it here on the actual process of collecting and pollinating my girls.

T

Tarus Bulbar

Nice set up you have going Tonygreen!!
Id say those male pollen sacks will strt opening in
a few more days. What ive done in the past is
hold a nice firm piece of cardboard directly under the
pollen sacks and give the main stem a slight shake back
n forth......and bbaaamm!! Now you have pollen on the cardboard
to save for later!!!!
Cheers bro!!

jm420

Veteran
Killer Ice Cream,Or maybe Ice Queen sound good to me ,give it a shot with chucking pollen I had 0 luck with the IC .

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read about something if you cross a reg plant with a certain type polyploidy maybe or something the seeds come out sterile. Worth a shot to find out this time I figure with just the 4 girls going. Im gonna read up on it again.

I got clones of all my moms gettin ready for the next go round so I can get some yield next run before the summer heat hits! Cant wait to run all girls with a good full veg time, in a way I got lucky or I would have vegged longer to get all them boys. lol. I'm excited to try! My fall back will be some KQR f2 or 2.2 x kqr. We'll see, I have had zero luck finding any Ice Cream cross documented but we'll see! Maybe the KQR would add some punch to the 2.2? Plan B maybe... Should be crystals all over if I do get a successful cross out of all this. I think about it all the time now, last night I had a dream of crossing x-18 and KQR. Maybe the answer will come to me in my sleep! lol...

Good times ahead!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey JM, btw bro, what dad did you use when you tried? Was it an IC dad or outcross?

Thanks for the props Greenadian and for stoppin by!!!!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
found what i mentioned :

Tetraploids can develop into a breeding population within the diploid population and when hybrids are formed with the diploid population the resulting offspring tend to be sterile triploids, thus effectively stopping the intermixing of genes between the two groups of plants (unless the diploids, in rare cases, produce unreduced gametes)."

I wonder?

"
When a newly-arisen tetraploid (4n) plant tries to breed with its ancestral species (a backcross), triploid offspring are formed. These are sterile because they cannot form gametes with a balanced assortment of chromosomes.
However, the tetraploid plants can breed with each other. So in one generation, a new species has been formed."

So the question is... is Ice Cream a triploid?

"Triploid plants bear flowers , but these flowers cannot be fertilized, because the odd numbers of chromosomes are unable to pair up properly. The plant can still be pollinated and will still bear fruit, but because no fertilization occurred, the fruit will not have seeds. When you purchase a seedless watermelon, you are purchasing the fruit of a triploid plant. Other triploid agricultural crops include bananas, Gravenstein apples and some grains."

I hope you just had bad luck JM. The Ice cream is white widow cut x bubblegum if I remember.... Ok time to smoke, brain hurts... lol
I guess selling only triploid seeds would let breeders avoid anyone else getting there genetics other than by cut... No clue if IC is that though or how I could tell...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pistil production is really picking up, I re arranged it so the 2 boys can go under my little 400w switchable, under a cheap hps bulb. I figure the real light instead ofthe cfl will have em blowin dust in no time. (I hope)

Latest posts

Latest posts