What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tonys Tent or The Escape From The Closet of DOOM

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm gonna set up filtration this weekend. Just picked up this Panasonic Whisperline...

2vjbpev.jpg

440 cfm, 325 @ .75 static pressure, The plan is to stick a filter in there and cool the light with the same fan. Oh yeah 2.1 sones :biggrin: I know they say 2 fans would be better but it is not feasible for me at this time... In the ventilation sticky it said 300 cfm I think to cool a 1k watter and with a scrubber at .75 static pressure she will pull 325 cfm... god I hope this works...
I am gonna run 8 inch insulated ducting inside 10 inch ducting, I saw some good things about doing it that way for less noise, which is a concern of mine. You guys think that will be pretty quiet?

Thinkin the can 50 filter or would the can 66 be better maybe? I hope it can hold down the smell of them KQR, not even in flower and they are reeking...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm settin up the big fan and ducting tonight, gonna be time to flip soon. People keep calling me on my phone randomly, sweat is pouring down my face and chest, my caveman hands are being bent in ways they aren't meant to be... I'm like "let me work"... Time for a smoke break. lol... I'll update with what I come up with.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 7 since the flip. Everything is looking healthy as hell.

Sadly It looks like 6/7 KQR have balls showing. 1 is not showing yet, I'm holding out hope he is a girl, she is the shortest bushiest of them all.

2/5 Blue satellite showing balls.

1 Blue Satellite showing pistils, I moved her to a 7 gallon planter.

1 runt Blue Satellite I kept going for the hell of it isnt showing.

1 Blue Satellite undetermined.

2 female Ice Cream clones from my last run.

I still have 4 KQR seeds from my pack. Or maybe i'm wrong on one of the boys, doubt it but hey could happen. Another day or two they'll be full on showin so we'll see.

I'll post pics of all the handsome fellas tomorrow. For now I'm gotta smoke somethin... be back soon with a pic of the Blue girl showing pistils.

Not sure if I should continue, make some seeds maybe, or reveg and make some clones.
Time to scrap some loot together for another pack of something maybe... ARGH.

Do you guys think clipping some tops and putting them in a cup of water under a t-5 strip will produce any pollen? I need to get them the hell out of there so they dont hit my girl....

Bah back to the drawing board!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Couple of the fellas...

Couple of the fellas...

Man these guys have such nice fat stems. I see some people goin I don't grow larf and stem but to me that stem is the highway to glory. I fucking love all the KQR shots I seen. Ah well 1 plant still not showin, the little bushy one. If not I got 4 more seeds left of er just take time to get em ready and try... Damn I hope that last one is a girl then I'll try to make some f'2? Idk...

They fuckin love that mix PK...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lonely BLue

Lonely BLue

This is my only girl, one Blue 2.2 not showing yet, it is short so I have hope, the two boys are nice and bold looking, I'll post pics of them tomorrow.

Without further ado, Lonely Blue...

I was so happy to see pistils... I threw her in my biggest pot it's a 7 gallon planter, I have some 5 gallon smart pots I was gonna use for my KQY girls as well but I figured may as well put her in the biggest I got...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys I want to try to make a few seeds to keep myself going. I am thinking of dusting one of the branches of my ice cream girl.

I read that you can put a cut male in a glass of water to collect pollen, I also read they will last about two weeks that way. I also read they take like 4 weeks to produce pollen? Should I cut them now or pick a male and let him go for a bit longer before i cut and put in the glass of water?

I need to figure it out cuz I gotta chop all these fellas down soon.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I got rid of all the boys today except 1 blue and 1 KQR. I put them in a small closet I sealed up under a cfl and t-5 strip light, hopefully they will grow a bit more and make some more balls then I can cut them later on in a bit and stick em in a glass of water if I need too. I'll show you guys them in a bit.

So I left the light off an extra hour and today after close inspection I found this on one of the unknown Blue Satellite 2.2...

It is just one but being the positive guy I am I repotted her.

My one bushy KQR still is not showing me pistil or balls anywhere but it is so different than all the boys structure wise and they are all well into showing balls so I repotted her and crossed my fingers.

The 2 Ice Cream girls also got re potted, 1 into a 7 gallon planter and 1 into a3 gallon I think it is. I figure to let one go for buds and the little one I will hopefully try to make some seeds for myself... Wish me luck!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2/5 Blue Satellite 2.2 female

1/7 KQR female (HOPEFULLY) come on Santa.... All the other boys are very advanced showin balls, she's gotta be a girl right? :0

2/2 Ice Cream monster clones

You can see the Ice Cream clones are not fully out of re-veg, they had some 3 leaves showin I'm hoping they will sort themselves out soon enough, the hope was that in the estimated 2 weeks to show sex of the other babies she would straighten herself out, she almost has, we'll see what happens....

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice set upman. I love the whisperline. It is more quiet than a box fan, the only downside is it is so big! I'd like to have it inside the tent but size... I have a hard time imagining how to set it up in there... plus I am not keeon on hanging too much from the tent, my blockbuster is big, I would rather not hang the filter or fan from it. I'm dealing with it for now, perhaps down the line I will have a slightly bigger set up and i can use it to do more. 8 inch ducting in the tent is a pain! Super quiet though can't beat it. I wish my 1k watter wasnt so hot! My 400w I dont even need to use a fan to get the temps i got now with the big one... lol Is that a 400 watter you got there in your room? Also is that a can 33 filter as well?

I figured I would be better off investing in the bigger one in the long run. I have the fan set up outside the tent, not ideal but it is working good. My room looks like the engineering deck of star trek. lol

I'm a bit worried my girls may be to small to yield well? Do you think the bigger 7 gallon pots will help out? It's been 9 days from the flip and i re-potted today and yesterday.

Since I have so few girls I am considering throwing them back under 24 hour light, but I am worried I would lose more time than it may be worth.

I got some clones of the first Blue girl, waiting a few days to get some off the smaller one that showed today...

So much over thinking! I am greatfull for ICMAG or I would have no one to brainstorm with.

What do you guys think? That last pic of the girls is 9 days from flip and fresh repot to 7 gallon planters. Let em roll or throw em back into veg to get bigger?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unless she is a freak male I am hopefull that KQR is a girl. I kept one male in another room in case it is I can maybe make some f2 so I got some seeds to go on with... It is totally different structure wise then the boys, half as tall and much bushier, we will see... :eek:

jm420

Veteran
Kepping my eyes on the 2.2I'm sitting on a freebie pack and havnt decided on popping them after reading a couple threads >i think I'll wait to see what yours do.Btw looking great so far.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've seen conflicting reports too. Interested to see how they come out, I might dust an Ice cream girl with the boy I saved too. He is really starting to build up some flower structure, I'll post a pic later. What I hear about the 2.2 is nice color, lotsa trichs but weak smoke,,, we'll see how she turns out.

I want to make some seeds for myself since I had the bad luck with the girls this time but not sure which way I should go with the genetics I have. KQR boy to a 2.2 mom? 2.2 boy to an IC mom or 2.2 boy to a 2.2 mom to make some f2's? Not sure, been brainstorming about it.

I'm gonna check the KQR when I get home crossing my fingers something is showing...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have a look please

Have a look please

Here is the best close up I could manage of the unkown KQR. Can you guys see something my less experienced eyes do? So hope it turns out a girl....

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, this one is bein stubborn. lol. I'll be scouring her over when I get home again... lol

Latest posts

Latest posts