What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tony's silver thiosulfate notes

Cloneman

Veteran
I don’t get damage at 3mM. The forum is 2.5mM in stock form before dilution.

I sprayed with that 3mM, no damage at all.

that's day 5, 10, and 15 post 12/12? Did you ever do Farmer Joe's schedule at 5 days before 12/12, on 12/12 flip, then 5 days after? I'll try your dosing schedule next time, you've gotten a great response from that plant, which sounds like a killer cross too.

I sprayed with Farmer Joe's schedule at -5 , 0(flip) , +5 and they reversed (just have to be patient waiting).
But I went away for 5 days that turned in to 9 during a heatwave, got back and you guessed it they were TOAST. Never got to the stage of pollen formation, oh well next time....

Rurumo

I sprayed with that 3mM, no damage at all.

I sprayed with Farmer Joe's schedule at -5 , 0(flip) , +5 and they reversed (just have to be patient waiting).
But I went away for 5 days that turned in to 9 during a heatwave, got back and you guessed it they were TOAST. Never got to the stage of pollen formation, oh well next time....
Awesome, thanks for letting me know. I did the day 0 spray last night. These heatwaves have been horrible, I feel you. My AC died during a hot one last year and it damaged my plants really bad too, but at least I didn't lose anything.

Hi all, I never saw any damage spraying with the ~3.5mM strength either. Plants stayed green, no burn at all.

Interestingly, I was telling a friend of mine about this thread and he had some stock Forum solution in his fridge so he went ahead and sprayed with it undiluted and he got great results with that as well. It may have even worked too well as he has thousands of Kimbo Kush S1s now. He did not really pay close attention to when he sprayed, just sprayed 3 or 4 times over the course of a couple of weeks around the flip to 12/12. so it appears there is amore than one way to skin this cat.

All my seeds matured nicely, so all in all very happy with how it all went. Here are a couple buds worth of Demo S1s (GMO x Dessert Breath)

Demo S1s.jpg

StickyBandit

Hi all, I never saw any damage spraying with the ~3.5mM strength either. Plants stayed green, no burn at all.

Interestingly, I was telling a friend of mine about this thread and he had some stock Forum solution in his fridge so he went ahead and sprayed with it undiluted and he got great results with that as well. It may have even worked too well as he has thousands of Kimbo Kush S1s now. He did not really pay close attention to when he sprayed, just sprayed 3 or 4 times over the course of a couple of weeks around the flip to 12/12. so it appears there is amore than one way to skin this cat.

All my seeds matured nicely, so all in all very happy with how it all went. Here are a couple buds worth of Demo S1s (GMO x Dessert Breath)

View attachment 18750788
Is that the forum mix where recommended dilution is 1:9 ?

I mean the Forum solution from the first post, the same one that is out there on all the forums.

But yes, I was always diluting it and the plants would reverse but I had a hard time getting any pollen. I never really understood what I was doing I just followed the recipe. But now I understand the differing strengths and it makes sense because the Forum recipe undiluted is 2.5nM and we are all having success with the Sigma recipe diluted to 3.5mM.

StickyBandit

I mean the Forum solution from the first post, the same one that is out there on all the forums.

But yes, I was always diluting it and the plants would reverse but I had a hard time getting any pollen. I never really understood what I was doing I just followed the recipe. But now I understand the differing strengths and it makes sense because the Forum recipe undiluted is 2.5nM and we are all having success with the Sigma recipe diluted to 3.5mM.
Good to know. I hope my ingredients are still good. It's been a while since I bought them and the Sodium Thiosulfate has gone hard like a rock!
Will give it a go soon (y)

Cloneman

Veteran
No its the Sigma recipe like farmer joe says, which is this

I adjusted the rates for less silver stock as its going to be cut 1 to 4 anyway, so its
Silver > 1.02 gm to 60 ml water (or 1.7 gm to 100 ml water if you want more)
Sodium penta > 6 gm to 240 ml water (or 10 gm to 400 ml if you want more)

With the lower rates I can mix up each 3 sprays fresh with no waste

So its 20 ml Silver mixed slowly in to 80 ml Sodium while stirring vigorously

Then mix that 100ml with 557ml water for the diluted spray for 3mM

Rurumo

View attachment 18750788
Those are beauties farmer joe! I just sprayed my final 3 mM spray on my Strawberry Cough clone so now it's just a waiting game. Thanks for following up and showing us your results!

StickyBandit

No its the Sigma recipe like farmer joe says, which is this

I adjusted the rates for less silver stock as its going to be cut 1 to 4 anyway, so its
Silver > 1.02 gm to 60 ml water (or 1.7 gm to 100 ml water if you want more)
Sodium penta > 6 gm to 240 ml water (or 10 gm to 400 ml if you want more)

With the lower rates I can mix up each 3 sprays fresh with no waste

So its 20 ml Silver mixed slowly in to 80 ml Sodium while stirring vigorously

Then mix that 100ml with 557ml water for the diluted spray for 3mM
Oh, sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the mix the friend used and assumed "stock" meant forum mix.
I think the forum mix is post #2 @ 2.5mM as mentioned by @Tonygreen
I will try that first straight and see how it goes. It's easier to mix the A and B components 1:1 for me
It may even overcome the LED light issue :)

Last edited:
Oh, sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the mix the friend used and assumed "stock" meant forum mix.
I think the forum mix is post #2 @ 2.5nM as mentioned by @Tonygreen
I will try that first straight and see how it goes. It's easier to mix the A and B components 1:1 for me
It may even overcome the LED light issue :)

Oh sorry man you are right, the forum recipe is post 2. So just to clarify - I used Sigma recipe diluted 1:5 and my mate used Forum recipe without any dilution at all and we got basically same results.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
For 2 weeks after major flower and clusters opening all the pollen was sterile.so sad. Now changing to a darker yellow and I see some minor activation, hoping for the best and collecting and dusting away as the ladies window is closing soon! Sours ugh! I think he must be on 7 or 8 weeks now. Ladies 21 days behind.

For 2 weeks after major flower and clusters opening all the pollen was sterile.so sad. Now changing to a darker yellow and I see some minor activation, hoping for the best and collecting and dusting away as the ladies window is closing soon! Sours ugh! I think he must be on 7 or 8 weeks now. Ladies 21 days behind.

Bummer it is sterile but is it dropping much of it?

Rurumo

My Strawberry Cough clone ended up producing tons of nanners but no pollen. I've kept it around just in case the later nanners end up producing pollen, but I'm not hopeful. I don't want to give up on this, so, my question is, when you guys get a cut that doesn't produce pollen the first time you try this, which direction do you take it next? Should I try lower than 3 mM, or a different dosing regimen? I kind of want to try a single dose of 3 mM next.

Latest posts

Latest posts