What's new

Tom Hill Haze

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
hahaha what's your commission on BR? Chimera built up a great moralistic online presence and used it when SOL owed him, yet he then seems to have screwed some over... maybe he should of stayed quiet? too funny.

Hey man,
I appreciate and respect your willingness to stand up for those you feel are being treated unfairly. I’m not throwing my allegiance behind anyone here - whoever Tom is aiming at can stand up for themselves if they choose to.

Who’s right? The one who cries foul the loudest? Were you or I there when deals were made? Have you spoken with anyone else to get their side of the story?

Some people have been around long enough to get to know some of the old heads.. From my dealings with them, virtual and in real life, none of them are bad people.

Many of them obviously know each other. They are inevitably going to fall out. Sometimes things go public and people take sides - shit happens.

I was only stating a point. I get no money from anyone because of any affiliation to what I choose to grow. If you want to pick a bone with me about any perceived unfairness in my opinion, then pm me..

CreeperStipule

Oh come on he has had plenty of time to respond... so you do the BR with the other one for free, some deal he got there... Whoever Tom is aiming at haha as if you don't know... Ffs they even did an rip thread after ripping him off. Put simply it's a very bad look from him.
I find the said person very hypocritical.

Reactions: ojd

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Oh come on he has had plenty of time to respond... so you do the BR with the other one for free, some deal he got there... Whoever Tom is aiming at haha as if you don't know... Ffs they even did an rip thread after ripping him off. Put simply it's a very bad look from him.
I find the said person very hypocritical.

I know the BR guys, but I’m not affiliated. Believe whatever you like.

I get your point of view, but you seriously know shit about shit.

thugpoet

Thanks for the info on the Todd Ohaze. From what I was able to gather it seems close enough to THH to be considered legit.

I think I read somewhere on this thread that Tom is working on bringing his Haze back, going back to stock he made in 03. Does anyone have info on that? Wouldn't be caught dead on IG or other social networks personally.

As an avid Haze aspiring enthusiast, one thing that has been intriguing me is the sheer number of phenos (Purple, Blue, Red, Lime green, Mint, Acid, ...) and the various resemblance in traits they share with old landraces.

Now the genes must have recombined in different ways in Haze, but it seems that through open pollination inbreeding, traits were naturally segregated that tell a story of the ancestry or at least it seems somewhat that way?

Red pheno /red sap > Punto Rojo
Purple Haze not temp sensitive > Columbian Black (but also possibly coming from Highland Oxacca)
Frankincense smell > Columbian Gold

It also clearly has some Thai influence in bud structure (more prevalent in certain phenos from what I've seen from the pics here).

It doesn't seem to have anything that points directly in the direction of Indian Sativas (supposed to be Kerala gold right?), can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Mexican influence also seems to be pretty muted, given that they typically are faster and the flowering time of Haze seems closer to the Sallies in the mix.

It seems like the Columbian genes are very dominant in phenotypic expressions. It would also appear that there is more than 1 Columbian line in there.

I remember reading that Haze was a 4 way but not in the traditional sense of AB x CD, more like ([AxB]xC)xD.

Could it be more like a 4 way as in 4 geographic regions? It seems like neither the 4 way story or the 3 way Columbian story are completely true, more like the truth is a combination of a bit of both maybe?

Seems like the last 2 generations must have been Thai and Columbian, given how the plants look today? (with the "([AxB]xC)xD" way of crossing the plant would be genetically 50% D, 25% C and 12.5% A and B). So maybe A and B are India and Mexico, C Thai and D 3 way Columbian?

Let's try to have an honest conversation about this and discuss with logical arguments like adults. Please leave your Egos and ulterior motives at the door.

Cannamicably,

Thug :smoker:

led05

Chasing The Present
Maybe people shouldn't of shit on him then? would you want to come back here after that?
Sure Seems to me he came back to whine about a decades plus old grudge, drunk, yet again… over and over and over….

Who hasn’t been burned in their life?!

You either do something about it OR

Take it on the chin, Learn from it and MOVE ON…

Coming back here randomly always crying about it, kinda feels bitch like - maybe he can go key somebodies car or something…

“outlaw” growers yet masters at the old lady knitting circle(s)…

At least I get a good laugh each time :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

Thanks for the info on the Todd Ohaze. From what I was able to gather it seems close enough to THH to be considered legit.

I think I read somewhere on this thread that Tom is working on bringing his Haze back, going back to stock he made in 03. Does anyone have info on that? Wouldn't be caught dead on IG or other social networks personally.

As an avid Haze aspiring enthusiast, one thing that has been intriguing me is the sheer number of phenos (Purple, Blue, Red, Lime green, Mint, Acid, ...) and the various resemblance in traits they share with old landraces.

Now the genes must have recombined in different ways in Haze, but it seems that through open pollination inbreeding, traits were naturally segregated that tell a story of the ancestry or at least it seems somewhat that way?

Red pheno /red sap > Punto Rojo
Purple Haze not temp sensitive > Columbian Black (but also possibly coming from Highland Oxacca)
Frankincense smell > Columbian Gold

It also clearly has some Thai influence in bud structure (more prevalent in certain phenos from what I've seen from the pics here).

It doesn't seem to have anything that points directly in the direction of Indian Sativas (supposed to be Kerala gold right?), can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Mexican influence also seems to be pretty muted, given that they typically are faster and the flowering time of Haze seems closer to the Sallies in the mix.

It seems like the Columbian genes are very dominant in phenotypic expressions. It would also appear that there is more than 1 Columbian line in there.

I remember reading that Haze was a 4 way but not in the traditional sense of AB x CD, more like ([AxB]xC)xD.

Could it be more like a 4 way as in 4 geographic regions? It seems like neither the 4 way story or the 3 way Columbian story are completely true, more like the truth is a combination of a bit of both maybe?

Seems like the last 2 generations must have been Thai and Columbian, given how the plants look today? (with the "([AxB]xC)xD" way of crossing the plant would be genetically 50% D, 25% C and 12.5% A and B). So maybe A and B are India and Mexico, C Thai and D 3 way Columbian?

Let's try to have an honest conversation about this and discuss with logical arguments like adults. Please leave your Egos and ulterior motives at the door.

Cannamicably,

Thug :smoker:
Ask sam...or happyhi..or check out the picture of one of the haze bros sitting amongst their haze....the leaves always remaind green...the slight tint was on the caylaxes.....all these guys say the same

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NH x THH :sasmokin:
73A48DB8-FF3D-4826-A30C-42489EF405E7.jpeg

TheDarkStorm

Posi did have to ad their purple thai (sister of green thai...and long held Holland strains the green team used to make the early green bud and purple bud served in the early coffee shops) to haze19 to make purple haze as it didnt contain purple traits....non of sams haze had the proper purple traits.....if haze19 was already purple you wouldnt need to add the purple thai to make a purple haze....very simple ....and now you have a haze type strain that has distinct thai traits that are unique to itself but dont pop up in any other haze batches...so what does that tell you.....but a good breeder who knows and has grown all the many haze types should be able to tell things like this that are straight forward.

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

Very interesting!

Also interesting to note is that Todd from ag seed co was able to segregate his OHz from @Sam_Skunkman into a purple leaning line too ...

Would be nice if @Sam_Skunkman could confirm if purple phenotypes are to be found in the (pure?) OHz line he gave to Todd?
Not sure wat the hell is in tods haze but its defo something that has never popped up in any of the older batches of haze sam did....I think tods come from around a 2006-2009 done batch.....his purple plants look like no old lumbo or old pure sativa of the era ive seen....they are quite broad leafed and sqaut type plants....and come out very different to anything found in thh....I know in the kerlan a strange phenotype pops up...thats shorter, faster and more broad leafed....they used one to make sensi star....but even on that kerla phenotype the bud structure isnt as round and as thick and tight as what pops up in tods...anyway im sure sam has said the purple was only around for sometime in the 70s...mostly the earlier days ...then got bred out....
Haze1Purple.jpg

Tods picture from AG seed co of his purple haze.