What's new

Tom Hill Haze

Leocadius

Veteran
It's Monkey Haze f2
I've been growing this MH for years and the truth is that I don't remember anything and that's normal for me, I also grew Mango Haze and I don't remember anything over the years either, I only remember what struck me the most or what I liked the least. Anyway, I'm going to upload the tasting note that jardi made for Cannabis Café
Monkey Haze F2.
08/18/2013, 13:21
Monkey Haze F2.

GENERAL INFORMATION:

Variety: Mokey Haze F2, (D.Chunk x O. Haze) x (D.Chunk x O. Haze).
Bank/Breeder:Tom Hill.
Grower: jardi
Tasting date: 18 – 8 - 2012

VISUAL TASTING:

Buds: Somewhat rounded and with "foxtails" that give it a slightly chaotic and disorderly appearance.
Pistils: Orange-brown in tone, medium length and slightly curly.
Calyx/leaf ratio, aspect: Medium-good, does not have too much leaf and is relatively easy to manicure.
Trichomes: Medium in size and in abundance, densely covering the calyxes and adjacent leaves, somewhat golden due to curing.
Presence of seeds? No.

DRY TASTING: Density (weight): Medium, seems more "hollow" than it really is. Hardness: Medium, fluffy bud, but with "filling", it spreads well. Bud aroma: Very complex and with a "run" resulting in a combination of pungent-earthy aromas, mushrooms-mushrooms softened by a "sweetness" between spicy-haze and aniseed. Carved head aroma: The aroma of the head is notably intensified and the whole is “rounded off” with hardly any variation, except to slightly raise the spice-haze-anise nuance. Flavor without combustion: Dominates the spicy-haze-aniseed tone with a sweet touch above the rest of the flavors that remain in the background. COMBUSTION TASTING: Medium:spigot. Combustion aroma: Strong, dense and somewhat sweetish haze. Flavor in combustion: It enters gently and leaving a record of its passage, when inhaling it turns out something sweet, less dense and "dark" than what you expect after examining its aromas. When exhaling, the previously described aromatic set appears and is best conjugated, if possible, flavors of earth-mushrooms-moss and spices-anise-haze that manage to balance and form a very complex and rounded taste, with a slight sweetness that makes you salivate and persists. in the mouth for a long time. Tasting Guide: 0 for minimum, 10 for maximum. Fill in as many boxes as necessary. Pungent [4] Musk [ ] Ammonia [1] Anise [6] Blueberry [ ] Berries [ ] Coffee [ ] Meat [ ] Cathedral [ ] Cedar [ ] Cherry [ ] Bubble Gum [ ] Chocolate [ ] Citrus [ ] Coconut [ ] Fuel [ ] Sweet [5] Spices [7] Floral [ ] Strawberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Candy [ ] Hash [ ] Haze[5] Herb [ ] Iron [ ] Incense [4] Soap [ ] Lemon [ ] Wood [ ] Mango [ ] Peach [ ] Melon [ ] Mint [ ] Menthol [ ] Honey [ ] Moss [5] Orange [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Petroleum [ ] Perfume [ ] Healed skin [ ] Pepper [ ] Pine [ ] Pineapple [ ] Rotten [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Chemical [ ] Liquorice [ ]Mushrooms [6] Skunk [ ] Earthy [6] Grape [ ] Vanilla [ ]
EFFECTS:

Start effects, duration: With an almost immediate effect, you notice it with each puff and it keeps you up for a long time.
Type of effects: Active, very very powerful, the effect could be similar to that of a good sativa hash, you notice how your mind goes on a trip (if you overdo it) while your body enjoys a pleasant feeling of "buoyancy" very versatile that allows you from reading or listening to music to going for a walk in the mountains or picking up the house.
Physically and mentally very pleasant (and intense) in terms of effect, at home they are called "buenrrolleras".
Recommended for: Flying high, putting a smile on your face, turning your partner yellow after more than a year of abstinence….
Not recommended for: Maintaining sobriety.
Tolerance: High, as you do to all, but it is still one of those that half of the joint you are already a quarter of the ground.

AlphaGardens

The reason Aussie and Thais call it mango is because they eat green mango with salt most of the world doesn't. Green mango is similar to citrus. The metal shop was all I had because I ain't eating liver lol my picky autieness don't allow for even the thought but liver is highly metallic.
Yea me being from KY lol..ive ate my share of liver, now that u relate Liver to metal shop that makes since lol beef liver is a strong ass Iron/metal flavor...calf liver isnt bad at all..but i also grew up eating snapping turtles and. Racoons so..hahaha, picky eaters are usually born pre mature they say.

But now i eat Kosher, which is also a major plus for ppl who get the Kosher tray in prison. Haha

I guess, tom hill graduated. By having a metal shop. Lol who else has the privledge of METALSHOP...lol

And i think TH has a drinking problem like me. Lol nothing compares right bud. He aint tried mad macs exact cut..that poposterous. Hes just mad and drunk like me. Imma breeder too. Sk it bro."dont call it THH best" lmao..shut up fool. Ppl call it what they want..another gas can? Went to school and still wanna act street? But YOU AINT. Lol picky eater.

My new strain is snapping turtle pie..yall may call it, shepards pie if your from scotland lol lmao.

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present

1. Introduction​

Most flowering plants are hermaphroditic, and unisexual individuals (dioecious) have evolved from hermaphroditic ancestors many times (Renner, 2014). Trioecy is an uncommon sexual system in which hermaphrodites, females, and males coexist in some species. Trioecy occurs during the evolutionary transition from hermaphroditism to dioecy (Charlesworth and Charlesworth, 1978, Ross, 1982, Spigler and Ashman, 2012). Trioecy is a stable evolutionary stage under pollen limitation of female seed production because pollen limitation reduces the fitness of females but not self-fertile hermaphrodites, counteracting the seed fertility advantage of females (Maurice and Fleming, 1995). However, previous research has shown that this sexual system is not stable because when the conditions that enable invasion by females into androdioecious populations are the same as those that result in the displacement of hermaphrodites by females, the sexual system will become dioecy (Perry et al., 2012, Wolf and Takebayashi, 2004). Thus, the stable coexistence of hermaphroditic and dioecious plants remains poorly understood.

Ploidy level (diploid and polyploid) and gender polymorphism (dioecy, gynodioecy, subdioecy, and trioecy) are associated in several flowering plant genera (Miller et al., 2016, Miller and Venable, 2000, Pannell et al., 2004, Ramsey and Ramsey, 2014, Spigler and Ashman, 2012). For example, in Lycium, polyploidy is a trigger for the evolution of gender dimorphism in self-incompatible groups (Miller and Venable, 2000, Miller and Venable, 2002). In Leptinella, gender dimorphism has evolved from monoecy; and, dioecy has been found in two tetraploid species (Himmelreich et al., 2012)……

CONTD

TheDarkStorm

Hammer

i complimented you . But I expressed my disappointment with those charts from a knowledgeable senior member as yourself

These Haze threads were once fun

I wanted to respond to elanius detailed post pages ago but I take long to type n other negative post followed so that deterred me . I don’t understand how Johnny Chicago doesn’t have the energy to talk all about his immense wealth experiences and knowledge of Haze but has the time and energy to be negative.

It’s disappointing and not what this community is about

Soo get a cup of coffee or glass or cognac . But it’s really beating a dead horse . It’s not fun repeating myself . It’s tiring and no enjoyable

Seriously info that contradicts those post or a better source or link 🤣

Have you read my article ?

Did you read anything posted in the last 10 years in my Question for Sams Original Haze thread ?

I’m a detail whore ,I want and appreciate as much information as possible. I’m open minded as well . The research I did and who I contacted was never done . Believe what you wish there are several post and links

Soo will we be soo Anal or technical to say if we didn’t see the imported Cannabis of yesteryear packed in place of origin and arrive by boat plane or train via that country then it’s not authentic import

Did the Aussies really smoke all that Thai or maybe it was from Singapore. Do we have footage or a picture of a return address from the shipments ???

How can we believe anything of source and stock before purchase from a Seedbank ( Nowadays most breeders lie anyway) . Well that’s life the word of man ( that meant something once upon a time )

How about the worlds bibles ( All religions) have stories from 10,000’s years ago . Do you believe it’s all made up or a actual event passed down over the years with much Truths

I spoke with 2 bros from New Jersey , the eldest who just passed recently had a public website ( Non cannabis related ) confirming personal info that was shared with me privately

I was asking questions to the man who shared the True Origins story with me who was in contact and got together with the Surfer boy G aka the originator and would ask some of my questions. Over a year I gathered info and was giving the blessing to share the story

Do you want government Names ?
Well you got the wrong guy

I’m not sure what Proof you guy’s actually want and what would be acceptable and what’s possible to show

I’m not talking about any Haze lines you grow today . I’m talking about The story if the Origins of Original Haze

What do you think of this post Below here , ( was that me just trying to make my story look good ) .

Read Sam the Skunkman's posting about the Haze Brothers with great interest and wanted to clear up a few things. First, I was there in Santa Cruz in the Seventies when it was all happening and never heard the original growers refer to themselves as the Haze Brothers. The infamous Haze Brothers did actually exist, but they were consumers, not growers.

How do I know? I was one of those three brothers and we bought, smoked and shared as much Haze as probably anyone on the planet. We were originally herb connoisseurs from back east who had grown up on the best Columbian, Jamaican, Panama Red, Thai Stick, etc. But even with our backgrounds, we had never seen, smelled or smoked anything like the Haze. The first time we saw those dark purple buds, we could hardly believe it (nor the price, which was $250 per ounce). From that point on, it became the Dom Perignon of our stashes.

So as far as the tasting test with R from High Times Magazine in New York, it did happen and we roasted, toasted and basted him with three varieties of Haze. He was kind of cocky when we got there and more like cold-cocked when we left. Even with all the high quality weed out there today, I don't think any of it is better or more exotic than the first Purple Haze, which was so dark and delicious, we called it the Root Beer.

Two last notes. First, there was a band, The Original Haze, that played in clubs around Santa Cruz in the Seventies that was part of the story. Second, for those rare few who were lucky enough to own one, there was a beautiful, limited edition grower's poster, that listed the soil ingredients, directions and Haze philosophy, In Haze We Trust. The last line of the poster read "Enjoy!" and we lived by that motto.

So that's the story behind the story.
There was plenty posted within the last couple of years.......in regard to 67-69 seeds.. even someone addmiting they had them......what nevil got exactly.....why even sam in the end said hazeA is the hz archetype probably why it was so strong, rather than it being the nl as he had originally thought for years....how a one time made hybrid along side the very first hz crew haze with the stock they started with was also considered as a pure haze ....how those one time made seeds also ended up else were and in someone elses hands along with the other ancestors...why a certain some one said they concentrated most on the colombian leaning haze side as that was what they liked and prefered as they didn't smoke too much.....why someone wanted to take a look a hzC and incorporating it to send their work in finishing their hz back towards its ancestors....alot of info come out.....unfortunately it got deleted....even managed to clear up the seeds and clones discrepancy between sam and nevil.....what the story is with the mexican , thai, and south Indian..and why it got dropped due to that version of haze never being completed properly......unfortunately not many people took note ...the whole puzzle unravelled and came out....what purple hz was and ohz...they were actually seperate things.....alot came out but not many took notice...even though it was all done in the open on the public thread......

bigherb

Veteran
There was plenty posted within the last couple of years.......in regard to 67-69 seeds.. even someone addmiting they had them......what nevil got exactly.....why even sam in the end said hazeA is the hz archetype probably why it was so strong, rather than it being the nl as he had originally thought for years....how a one time made hybrid along side the very first hz crew haze with the stock they started with was also considered as a pure haze ....how those one time made seeds also ended up else were and in someone elses hands along with the other ancestors...why a certain some one said they concentrated most on the colombian leaning haze side as that was what they liked and prefered as they didn't smoke too much.....why someone wanted to take a look a hzC and incorporating it to send their work in finishing their hz back towards its ancestors....alot of info come out.....unfortunately it got deleted....even managed to clear up the seeds and clones discrepancy between sam and nevil.....what the story is with the mexican , thai, and south Indian..and why it got dropped due to that version of haze never being completed properly......unfortunately not many people took note ...the whole puzzle unravelled and came out....what purple hz was and ohz...they were actually seperate things.....alot came out but not many took notice...even though it was all done in the open on the public thread......
Brother

My feelings for you are Just like Hammer

You tried posting info about the Santa Cruz Haze sometime/months ago . I asked about it specifically as you spoke like you were certain but didn’t answer in the thread .

Soo I pmed you multiple times , you said in open post weeks later you would respond but never did

I think you add confusion to the Haze history . I’d also put you on the list of not listening to any information from you about Santa Cruz Haze

Stop beating around the Bush , share quotes or don’t speak on it. When did Sams ever speak on Nevils HzA male ?????

If you refer to Nevils post or Sams post . I should have 90% of their haze related post saved , it’s always been important to me

Anything that has been posted can be saved , if it was deleted and can’t been seen today .Then the viewer didn’t find it interesting or important enough to save it .

Copy paste I’ve used for years , now i sometimes screen shot

Sams never had 1969 haze seeds , Soo for sure Nevil didn’t have 67-69 that’s a made up story . Who made it up , I’ll leave that to the experts

Guys Please stop posting bullshit information

1luvbigherb

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
. I won't ever stop posting any info I find to discuss. The prob is kids today have zero control over their feelings, they lash out over the most trivial nonsense. I'm after the best possible weed there is. The same weed we used to have long ago. Most people today have no clue what I'm referring to. If talking about a topic gets me there you bet I'm gonna bring it up. Anyone with half a brain should see the links and info posted are not mine. Kids today are just dumbasses..

There are adults here that will discuss whatever is posted. Don't let the few idiots in the room stop you from learning.

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone from Santa Cruz remember the Original Haze? A few members of Moby Grape played with them here in the 1970s. I did some of their setup and s
  • Jack Licursi
    Yes. Still have a poster from those 'Haze gigs.

• Roger Buffalo Krone
    I did a bunch of shows with them, John Chesleigh was their manager

• Michael D. Waddell
    Jerry. Miller was a Haze with Michael Dean

RIP Jerry Miller

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
" By the 1970s, they were in Santa Cruz, where they put together band called The Original Haze together with Moby Grape guitarist Jerry Miller and saxophonist player Cornelius Bumpus. Musick was eventually replaced with keyboardist Dale Ockerman, and the band changed its name to Airtight. Ockerman eventually left the band to join the Doobie Brothers.*

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
" By the 1970s, they were in Santa Cruz, where they put together band called The Original Haze together with Moby Grape guitarist Jerry Miller and saxophonist player Cornelius Bumpus. Musick was eventually replaced with keyboardist Dale Ockerman, and the band changed its name to Airtight. Ockerman eventually left the band to join the Doobie Brothers.*

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
Anyone Remember Hooteroll ?

Did anyone speak with him ?

Does anyone here have HT contacts ?

RR is 77 and I believe still living ?
Be interesting to here his Recollection of the 3 Haze Brothers he interviewed and any additional information he recalls

His background is impressive and he’s a NYer

Anyone talk to Grand daddy mike ? He reproduced the Original Haze posters in 2011

There are many sources of info , but who cares about facts and talking to the actual people who were involved

Anyone remember the Santa Cruz collective or some name like I believe Bodhi posted at MNS around 2010 that where pictures from the collective / archive/ site

There’s a picture of one of the Haze Bros , can you find the picture 😲

1luvbigherb

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Personally, I have not seen any marked degradation in the potency of what I have grown and see available from friends. We are all doing better than before. It is challenging for me to understand how weeding out or culling a hermaphroditic plant is going to somehow lessen the overall potency, especially of a landrace, or even combined landrace hybrid. We have to remember that herb has been flourishing in such areas, typically many millenniums of time before man ever arrived, and for perhaps thousands of years by trader's transport. It is easy to forget that this is not a modern plant at all, having been around for millions of years. As such, our effects, are simply a dot in time. Growing indoors of course is not like in the sun, no matter what, so that is the most obvious reason to me. Not from any missing hermaphrodite puzzle piece. At least not in my direct experience. Or from any direct evidence I've seen.
When I talk of hermaphrodites maybe have special characteristics, I don't mean the potency. I am talking only of the quality of the high. My particular hermie from years ago was laughing weed, very euphoric and happy, but not particularly potent, but potent enough. If I had it now it would be the main thing I'd grow seeds and all.

You make a good point about cannabis not being a new thing. Some people even think Americans developed sinsemilla whereas there is evidence of this technique being used centuries ago.