What's new

todays "why did you bother ?" headline is....

mexweed

Veteran
"gay couple cited by christian web designer who won supreme court case may not exist" https://news.yahoo.com/gay-couple-c...preme-court-case-may-not-exist-164940986.html

let's be real, members of the LGBTQ community have definitely excelled at digital/graphic design at a much higher level than christian extremists, same with baking cakes

if we're talking in terms of the constitution, there is separation of church and state and freedom of religion, that is freedom to have your own religious opinions in private/your home/church, and not practicing them in public places where they may impact other people and where there are ruling government laws such as anti discrimination policies, and guess what those businesses pay taxes even if the owner/operator has some belief that there shouldn't be taxes, they operate under governing law, whatever religious opinions the owner/operator has have no place in the public and governed operation

Last edited:

moose eater

No heterosexual displays of pride in sexuality?

So folks here haven't been to Mardi Gras during Festival, or to Time Square during any number of celebrations?

And of course, there was the old Studio 54.

After the Electric Rodeo (outdoor all-day concert in SW Michigan near Wyoming, Michigan in 1975-ish, with a lengthy list of who's who in the music biz back then, in a retirement community neighborhood, no less), future events of that sort were banned by the Council due to public fornication, nudity and overdoses.

So, there is that... err.... those events and 'exhibitions'.

By the way, most pedophiles are mid-thirties, straight, and ... other demographics. Often raised in repressive or oppressive fundamentalist churches... (Often affiliated with which political party? Just sayin'. There are many who I think "protest too much').

moose eater

1688204174521.png

Dime

I guess I need to go get some panties to wear so I can get them twisted.

Harm is being considered outside of the definition.

Just because someone wears something doesn't mean that they are trying to take advantage of children.

There's a very prevalent push to get people to think that our future is being convoluted by perversion.

I'm seeing very few people who are aware that people are people and regardless of political affiliation or gender there will be bad apples.

If you think that everything is black and white and you have to agree with everyone on everything then you probably need to reevaluate your beliefs and values.

Take me for example... I think you have the right to own a gun and you have the right to have an abortion. I also think we should have our taxes fund healthcare before over bloating a military budget. I also think that sending our industry across borders was a terrible decision.

I support the right for you to fly a LGBTQ flag yet I will also clean up after your KKK rally. While I support freedom, I can't say that I don't possess personal bias. I didn't see a lot of hate coming from the LGBTQ... and while pride was certainly the theme of either, something about the realization of acceptance of others' freedom was mostly just one sided.

I recognize value placed on others.

I will still support the freedom for others to take generations to come around to see that hate has no place in a happy healthy society.

Only one side seemed to want everyone happy.
Interestingly the democrats formed the KKK

Reactions: Rgd

moose eater

That was a long time ago and the Dems who formed the Klan were those who became the Dixiecrats who largely abandoned the more modern Democratic Party.

The racist laws (and refusal to pass laws emphasizing equality) were the doing of the R's.

In other words, the supporters of the more current forms of racism (and other isms) and refusal to back equal rights, are the Republicans.

Though many prefer to look back in time to the Dems who were not long for the Dem Party.

A matter of modern history. The Dixiecrats formation of the Klan is ancient US history.

Dime

That was a long time ago and the Dems who formed the Klan were those who became the Dixiecrats who largely abandoned the more modern Democratic Party.

The racist laws (and refusal to pass laws emphasizing equality) were the doing of the R's.

In other words, the supporters of the more current forms of racism (and other isms) and refusal to back equal rights, are the Republicans.

Though many prefer to look back in time to the Dems who were not long for the Dem Party.

A matter of modern history. The Dixiecrats formation of the Klan is ancient US history.
I'm pretty much center but it seems people associate radicals as the party they do not support,Lincoln also freed the slaves so to put all right wingers into a group or left wingers for that matter merely fuels segregation .

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'm pretty much center but it seems people associate radicals as the party they do not support,Lincoln also freed the slaves so to put all right wingers into a group or left wingers for that matter merely fuels segregation .

Okay ... then what was this:

This post is likely my "why did I bother" moment of the day.

Dime

I live right close to Uncle Toms Cabin and prejudice against blacks is all but non existent around my area ,or at least I was never exposed to it and to be honest even growing up I never was exposed to the hatred and it never came up at my house or any of my friends,it was a non issue . I see it's bad in some places in the US but not here.

Reactions: Rgd

mexweed

Veteran
the whole LGBTQ community is actively grooming children to be their transsexual sex toys and public schools that openly teach LGBTQ topics have predator teachers and are seducing children into the lifestyle and trafficking them is completely asinine

I don't think that actual predators/molesters really care about the gender of their victims or are interested in coercing them into becoming trans

most kids have a pretty good sense of when something is up, if a teacher actually singled them out to try to coerce them into being trans they and most of the other kids in the class would pick up on it pretty quick

it is almost always better for things to be out in the open/openly discussed vs oppressed/kept secret

"florida to allow building roads with radioactive waste" https://news.yahoo.com/florida-allow-building-roads-radioactive-215432983.html

audiohi

Veteran
the whole LGBTQ community is actively grooming children to be their transsexual sex toys and public schools that openly teach LGBTQ topics have predator teachers and are seducing children into the lifestyle and trafficking them is completely asinine

I don't think that actual predators/molesters really care about the gender of their victims or are interested in coercing them into becoming trans

most kids have a pretty good sense of when something is up, if a teacher actually singled them out to try to coerce them into being trans they and most of the other kids in the class would pick up on it pretty quick

it is almost always better for things to be out in the open/openly discussed vs oppressed/kept secret

"florida to allow building roads with radioactive waste" https://news.yahoo.com/florida-allow-building-roads-radioactive-215432983.html

You mean this, right?

2023 Miss Elementary American Kindergarten
~Little Rock, Arkansas

d1ynou5e3g8b1.jpg