What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

To trim or not to trim ?

mark1253

Hey George.............clever anagram, ear wren jogger :dueling:

Thanks Loco :joint:

Anyway.......gonna empty the rez and start flushing tomorrow :woohoo:

mark1253

Right, so today i had a fekin brain wave and decided to harvest a plant that I thought was looking ready but ended up chopping 2 !
I know I only started the flush on Saturday but me and my Cannagimp:spank: (he fukin hates that haha) decided to do it and practice for the big day when they all come down :woohoo:
Anyway, the results are freakin awesome:yoinks:
The buds were obviously just off the plant when weighed but I'm pleased with the results so far

1st plant before harvest

1st plant harvest......286g !

2nd plant before the chop

left...2nd plant, 202g.....centre....1st plant, 286g.......right..clippings for the gimp:dueling:

back up the attic to dry

2 down 10 to go......(wheres my gimp ?)

there's the wee fekker :asskick:

Anyway folks. I know they have only been flushed for 3 days, will probably taste like shite and once dried will probably weigh a quarter what they do now but I dont care :joint:
Still plenty that could go wrong so I'm not counting my chickens:noway:

jamrockjay

Gr8 thread mark1253,
On my next grow i will be going with the 4 pot wilma but i havnt decided yet how to grow them, i will probably stick with coco as on previous grows. But would like ur views on just using clay pebbles. With this being ur 1st grow how easy is the wilma system to use? did u encounter any probs? ie with drippers, pump etc... Also dont know if u already answered this but did u start with clones or seed? Many thx and continued good luck with ur grow.....

mark1253

Hi George, yep, not bad wet weights, hopefully i'll only lose 2/3 ....we shall see :woohoo:

Hi Jamrockjay, I started with fem seeds.

The wilma system works for me mate, I'm sticking with it:yeahthats

The only problem I really had with the drippers etc was on a couple of occasions when I brushed against them the feeder tube and dripper would pop out of the pebbles and over the edge of the rez so when the water pump came on it was going straight onto the grow room floor...........not good if your growing in an attic like me:noway:

Fek knows why its called a dripper system coz the water pishes out the blue dripper things :moon:

Once a fortnight I took the whole drip system and pump downstairs, put it in the bath and let it run through with clean water for an hour to clear any of the white (salt ?) build up than can block them.

This was my first grow so I've nothing to compare it with but as long as I kept an eye on the PH and watched the plants for any signs doing it in pebbles was easy fukin peasy and because i gave them a good wash and rinse prior to using them my rez was always crystal clear :yeahthats

I would imagine coco would get into the rez ?? dunno mate...never used it:joint:

mark1253

Hey Jamrock, coco WONT work in a wilma drip (fukin squirt) system. Bits are gonna get into the rez then block up the feeder tubes etc

loco81

hey bet you cant wait to smowe it once cured!! i just tried my first batch and it turned out good for a noob!!

mark1253

Hey Loco, dried some in an envelope on the radiator:abduct:

It did taste slightly metallic ? :crazy: but had a good high so hopefully the main crop which is still getting flushed will taste better.........cant wait :woohoo:

jamrockjay

Thanks for ur response mark, i had the same thoughts about the coco going into the res. Looks like im gonna have to change my ideas. I was thinking of using the pebbles but i swayed back to coco now its back to pebbles lol. Yeah i agree m8 its not good when ya growing in ya attic and ya get a prob with ya water supply.

If your nugs are still a little damp, you could try a water cure to help with the non flushing...
the finished product will be precisely 25% of the fresh weight, have high hopes though.
best

mark1253

So I have finised my first ever grow:woohoo:

Taking into account all the bud I quick dried and smoke as well as giving mates some to try my total dry weight was in the region of 40 OUNCES (probably slightly more) from 12 plants !!:laughing:

This plant pulled in over 5 Ounces alone ..........

It is a beautiful smoke which starts of b giving you the gigles then slowly melts you into the couch for a couple of hours. Its also great just before bed time for a great nights kip.

Morning glory fem seeds (barneys farm)

Back to my original question, to trim or not to trim ?.........well my grow was pretty crowded and when harvesting there was literally hundreds of popcorn buds hidden away in the lower branches so from now on I am definately gonna trim the fek out of future grows.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and helped me through my grow.....I couldnt of done it without your help and advice so once again many many thanks :yeahthats

Ive just popped 8 'RED DRAGON' fem seeds again from barneys farm so we shall see how I get on with less plants with more room to reach thier full potential.

I'll start a new thread showing them nearer the flip because they're still in the propagator just now.

Thnks for all the help and support folks...........LATERS :joint: