What's new

To the fucktard at the hydro shop

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
I know I'm a small-time grower and it's not usually my business to comment on the security practices of those with bigger risks, but I feel I must mention this in case you frequent this site.

1. You came into the hydro shop in a blaze of sound an fury. You ordered the shop owner to get you 4 1000W ballasts and bulbs and were a real dick about it.
  2. The shop owner explained that if you already had the cordsets (which you confirmed), you would not need these particular ballasts because they had cordsets. You interrupted him - "That's okay, I have plenty of money (*giggle*), I'll take them anyway".
  3. You were completely stoned, which was obvious to me even at 30 feet away.
  4. You tried to shove all of your equipment into a tiny sports car filled with other shit. You came back in the store and demanded the shop employees to help.

I don't want you to get busted. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but let me confirm this: you acted like a major asshole. In my experience, people are more likely to report a major asshole than someone who is friendly and kind. Assholism is a security risk, imho, and I think you need to check yourself, if only for your grow.

That's all.

EDIT/CORRECTIONS: NOT in the Bay Area (fuck-me-in-the-ass Midwest-ish police state). I do not work at the hydro shop, but merely observed this happening while grabbing some odds and ends.

paris

"i have plenty of money." You know who says stuff like that? GED recipient fans of P-diddy who made a few dollas for the first time in their life, acting like hood rats. And frankly, these are the types of people who make money off of cannabis illegality.

Makes me wanna vomit.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
When it comes to matters of law enforcement, the practice is to dissuade criminal activity by deterrence. Deterrence is a function of "hammering down the nail that sticks up" and always will be. You want to be busted, be a jackass. When I am doing grow equipment or building out a cabinet for someone I am always super nice. I have ready explanations for everything I am buying and I never give anyone any guff. Get the gear, smile, pay and leave. Don't act any different than 99% of the rest of the population and you will be treated no differently and thought of no differently.

That fellow is no different than the guys with the "Born To Lose" T-shirts and gangsta clothes with weed tokens all over them and a van that trails smoke going down the highway.

The people in law enforcement feed their families by confiscating our wealth; that's the name of the game. You make it easy for them and they make it easy for you to make your "donation" of time (prison) and resources (all your money and property).

On the other hand, Mother Nature does have to clean the poop out of the gene pool every now and then and these people just help with the filtration process.

I see that from people who have "funny money". Guys that never had money before and made money REAL FAST. Like over $20,000 a month fast.

The Hydro store owners (if you get to know them) are supposed to be YOUR BOYS. Those are the guys that your supposed to be the coolest with. But I guess it doesn't matter though, it's not going to change that guys attitude around people (whoever it is your talking about is just going to do it again) and you just allow Karma to play its hand.

Guys like that don't just Boss around Hydro store owners - THEY THINK THEY ARE THE SHIT IN GENERAL. And there are alot of people out there that don't like guys who think they're the shit. Change the act or get whats coming right??

C

Classyathome

Assholes w/ attitude and $$$ flame out real quick. He'll be dead or busted (and wishing he was dead) in 6 months.

And the shop, and us, will still be around long after.

Short term fame - long term pain...

antimatter

Veteran
So lets get this straight you work in a Hydroshop and this guy comes in and spends money and you guys don't even help get stuff into his car ? I don't think that guy really did anything out of the ordinary, thats retail for ya. You'll know an asshole when he drives his Truck through your storefront..

C

Classyathome

So lets get this straight you work in a Hydroshop and this guy comes in and spends money and you guys don't even help get stuff into his car ? I don't think that guy really did anything out of the ordinary, thats retail for ya.

Nope - he was AT store, and observed douchebag in action...

Am I right???

He probably won't last very long... While I'm sure nobody hopes he gets caught, the shadenfreude would be most excellent.
Just another example of Darwinism at work.

antimatter

Veteran
I don't know where you live but all the hydroshops help put stuff in your car where I live, no matter how how much you spend even if its just a couple bales of dirt, its like that at all garden stores theres 1 or 2 guys that will help load you you up. You never should be an asshole but sometimes people are in a rush. Id never shop at a store that had employees or owners that were gonna turn people in.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I know I'm a small-time grower and it's not usually my business to comment on the security practices of those with bigger risks, but I feel I must mention this in case you frequent this site.

1. You came into the hydro shop in a blaze of sound an fury. You ordered the shop owner to get you 4 1000W ballasts and bulbs and were a real dick about it.
  2. The shop owner explained that if you already had the cordsets (which you confirmed), you would not need these particular ballasts because they had cordsets. You interrupted him - "That's okay, I have plenty of money (*giggle*), I'll take them anyway".
  3. You were completely stoned, which was obvious to me even at 30 feet away.
  4. You tried to shove all of your equipment into a tiny sports car filled with other shit. You came back in the store and demanded the shop employees to help.

I don't want you to get busted. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but let me confirm this: you acted like a major asshole. In my experience, people are more likely to report a major asshole than someone who is friendly and kind. Assholism is a security risk, imho, and I think you need to check yourself, if only for your grow.

That's all.

this sounds like a classic craigslist rant and rave ad. big deal that he was a dick, he spent money didnt he? at any retail store, you have assholes and good customers.
its usually the assholes that spend the big money.........who cares? take it with a grain of salt, smile and take the cash, and yes, help him out the door, any respectable hydro shop does that.........
next thing you know, the op will be complaining about the liquor store guy not speaking proper English........

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

only problem there krunch is that a stroke like the OP described is BAD
for business. most hydro shops also have a beer/wine making section
where a lot of straight folk shop @, I'm sure if they were w/in earshot
that they observed his 'over the top' behavior. It might take but one well
timed phone call and an embellishment or two to leo to get the ball rolling
and have the place raided..... Have you ever heard of a hydro shop that
got shit back after being raided? I haven't & I'm nearing 60, end of shop.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

only problem there krunch is that a stroke like the OP described is BAD
for business. most hydro shops also have a beer/wine making section
where a lot of straight folk shop @, I'm sure if they were w/in earshot
that they observed his 'over the top' behavior. It might take but one well
timed phone call and an embellishment or two to leo to get the ball rolling
and have the place raided..... Have you ever heard of a hydro shop that
got shit back after being raided? I haven't & I'm nearing 60, end of shop.

it must be WAY different in the bay area hydro shops then.........no body here gets busted from a hydro shop conversation or anything like that. assholes are common, take it with a grain of salt....
still, the op should have grown some balls and told the asshole how he feels, instead of posting on a forum...