What's new

TnT Labs Genetics Grow

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyway we all could get a nice close up picture of your buds 944s2? Would love to see them upclose my friend
yes mate i get some pics just not yet as it means climbing through the jungle with lamps off as our cfak are at the very back,,,,
room will start getting organic ugly from now,,,,lots of fading and purple leafs for the last couple of weeks or so,,,,,s2

Dakine

Veteran
Hey you guys, I have A bit of A problem.. So pots where all pretty bone dry and when I went back into the veg area after I watered, I saw A couple flying gnats or some pest.. I noticed they where really only in 1 pot. When I watered the last 2 dry pots, I saw these bugs scattering away from the water. Then I tried to smash some on top the soil and they jumped up and started flying lol..

What do you guys think is the best way to get rid of them? Would top dressing with crushed/powdered oyster shells work?

I know OysterShells only work on certain bugs.. I dont have the time to do research on them right now. So thats why im asking on here to see if I can get A quicker answer.

Dakine

Veteran
Nute Deficiency

Nute Deficiency

So after most of the drooping leaves went away, I get another problem. Luckily its only showing on 1 plant so far. She was actually closest to the MH, and had an LED Bulb 1inch away before I moved her before the picture. I dont think its light Bleaching, im not sure what nute deficiency it is..

I will be top dressing all the plants with more gypsum,lime, and some calcium for the girls im vegging longer..

Its kinda hard to see in this picture, I need to take another 1. She was still close to the lights even after I moved her. But you can basically see through the leafs that are effected. They're lightish green almost spotted?

Heres A shot of the Ba3k Girl im gonna be vegging until the tent is clear and clean. New Growth looks good, and the older growth seems to be recovering..

Extra Clone of "The Runt" Bg3k. Decided to run A couple clones of her, just to give her A fair shot at keeping her spot in the Fam.

I really wanna know why I have such an easier time cloning, and cloning in just plain water. Some people have such A hard time with all methods.. Im kinda thinking it might have to do with the water..

EDIT- Has anyone used Marigolds,Garlic,Onion, or Chive Plants to successfully deter aphids away? I already have chives,rosemary and basil next to the plants at my friends house.. It seriously looks like its made A BIG difference. But I want to try more herbs/plants just incase..

Last edited:

TnTLabs

So after most of the drooping leaves went away, I get another problem. Luckily its only showing on 1 plant so far. She was actually closest to the MH, and had an LED Bulb 1inch away before I moved her before the picture. I dont think its light Bleaching, im not sure what nute deficiency it is..

I will be top dressing all the plants with more gypsum,lime, and some calcium for the girls im vegging longer..

Its kinda hard to see in this picture, I need to take another 1. She was still close to the lights even after I moved her. But you can basically see through the leafs that are effected. They're lightish green almost spotted?

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1528.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Heres A shot of the Ba3k Girl im gonna be vegging until the tent is clear and clean. New Growth looks good, and the older growth seems to be recovering..

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1527.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Extra Clone of "The Runt" Bg3k. Decided to run A couple clones of her, just to give her A fair shot at keeping her spot in the Fam.

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1526.jpg]View Image[/URL]

I really wanna know why I have such an easier time cloning, and cloning in just plain water. Some people have such A hard time with all methods.. Im kinda thinking it might have to do with the water..

EDIT- Has anyone used Marigolds,Garlic,Onion, or Chive Plants to successfully deter aphids away? I already have chives,rosemary and basil next to the plants at my friends house.. It seriously looks like its made A BIG difference. But I want to try more herbs/plants just incase..

dont worry bro, its most prob like you said, too close to the light so it would need more nutes... it will be fine when you put her out.
looking forward bro

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
some pics at 7 weeks,,lamps off,,,all cfak x bbh3kings
all starting to colour and should get a very nice fade off and some lovely purples,,,,
will have there last feed later this week before water only before cutdown,,,,

plants starting to pack on,,,,,,aromas gorgeous,,,,,s2

Dakine

Veteran
Small Update On whats Been Going On..

Small Update On whats Been Going On..

Hey everyone, sorry if I havent made A full complete update like I usually do.. Been busy with A project, that will hopefully be of use to all of us in the near future! I'll do one soon so we can see exactly how everything is doing!

So TnT you where right like usual lol.. I shouldnt have been freaking out over that very light leaf discoloration issue I saw on one of the girls that was very close to the light..

Damn 944, awesome looking girls my friend! You make me feel like im so far behind! They look like they are going to have a decent yield though! Man I can only try to imagine what those smell like! Im Jealous bro!

So yesterday every pot was A little to dry, and the leaves started to droop slightly.. I did give everyone an Upped Feed of 600ppm with Black Strap,Great White shark,Raw-Kelp, and Dyna-Grow instead of the usual Dyna-Bloom I was giving them most of the time during veg.. I used bloom because some plants where getting to much nitrogen from the Dyna-Grow veg nute.

As of right now all of the girls are either 2ft(24inch) up to 30inch.. They have all been topped or semi-fimmed, and trained,bent, and supercropped.. These girls would be way over 3ft by now if I didnt use those methods lol.

A few girls im still currently vegging..

Ba3k- I think the name is now "Blue Dog"?

Amk3k #1- This girl has some vigor and A very strong tight structure!

Amk3k #2-She was A little slow, but now shes filling in!

BG3k #2

TnTLabs

Hey everyone, sorry if I havent made A full complete update like I usually do.. Been busy with A project, that will hopefully be of use to all of us in the near future! I'll do one soon so we can see exactly how everything is doing!

So TnT you where right like usual lol.. I shouldnt have been freaking out over that very light leaf discoloration issue I saw on one of the girls that was very close to the light..

Damn 944, awesome looking girls my friend! You make me feel like im so far behind! They look like they are going to have a decent yield though! Man I can only try to imagine what those smell like! Im Jealous bro!

So yesterday every pot was A little to dry, and the leaves started to droop slightly.. I did give everyone an Upped Feed of 600ppm with Black Strap,Great White shark,Raw-Kelp, and Dyna-Grow instead of the usual Dyna-Bloom I was giving them most of the time during veg.. I used bloom because some plants where getting to much nitrogen from the Dyna-Grow veg nute.

As of right now all of the girls are either 2ft(24inch) up to 30inch.. They have all been topped or semi-fimmed, and trained,bent, and supercropped.. These girls would be way over 3ft by now if I didnt use those methods lol.

A few girls im still currently vegging..

Ba3k- I think the name is now "Blue Dog"?

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1571.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Amk3k #1- This girl has some vigor and A very strong tight structure!

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1570.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Amk3k #2-She was A little slow, but now shes filling in!

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1575.jpg]View Image[/URL]

BG3k #2

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1574.jpg]View Image[/URL]

looking good bro!
things are going well now..
so good that you used veg nutes.. as they are slightly yellowing... they have used most of the nutes from the soil,
give them a feed of EC 1.4 next time 700ppm...
when you switch to flower.. use the veg nutes till you see the stretching stopping!
you can leave the great white away now... save it for the clones..
:tiphat:

Dakine

Veteran
Yeah man hopefully they are getting settled in there bigger pots with new soil.. I tried A new soil mix for the baby clones and A few of the bigger plants.. They seem to like it, and it holds A little more moisture but still has good aeration.

I used 3/4 of the Organic Pro Mix that literally has no nutes in it except Soybean Meal for seedling nutes, Its mostly all Sphagnum Peat Moss,some Gypsum,Limestone,perlite,Peat Humus, and mychorizzea(?). Then I used 1/4 Of Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil with no organic nutes added like I usually did lol.

After I mixed it good, I added 1/2 Cubic Ft of Perlite. The total amount of the above mix was 1 Cubic Ft or just A little more.. Then I added some Epsoma Gypsum,Epsoma Lime, and Organic Crushed Oyster Shells. I let it cook for 16 days, I mixed and watered it every 5 days before using..

Alright bro, I just dont want to use it alot because thats when I get the major clawing in the leaves from the Nitrogen lol.. But maybe its different now since the soil mix im using doesnt have the blood meal,or bat guano I usually added. Maybe the gypsum,lime, and oystershells will change the uptake on the plants, and now I wont get nitrogen toxicity from using the Dyna-Grow Veg Nutes?

Alright ill up the feed next time. So I should just use the Veg nutes from here until the stretch in flower is done then? Alright ill save the Great White for now, I might want to use it towards the end of flower though.. Should I be adding either the Raw-Potassium or Raw-Kelp with the veg nutes?

slipdefeu

Hello Dak!
everything's allright here, nice looking plants man!

Just i can't see why do you bother to prepare a soilmix and finally add some liquid fertilizers...
More simple to go with lightmix and liquid nutes or soilmix with water only (maybe some teas/ additional feeds for the soil) imo ;)

Mix a rich soil with base nutes sounds dangerous to me :biggrin:
Anyway good luck for the next!

TnTLabs

a little info from my notes...
not the detailed version.. dont want to bore people

veg nutes till stretch finishes
then bloom nutes
kelp once a week
no extra potassium (in your case RAW - K) till after middle of.. week 5 more or less of flowering cycle

following info can vary in each garden and time of the year... but these are the figures to hit ruffly

Temp: 21 - 28 C , best keep day & night difference not more than 5*C
RH: beginning of flowering 60-75%, night RH should be around 60% or lower
mid till end of flowering 40 - 65%. best keep night RH around 45-55%
less waterings towards end helps keep rh in check

keep as much indirect air movement going on as possible...

week 1 : start of flowering, high humidity, foliar spray with kelp, compost tea switch to flower and repeated 3-4 days later
week 2 - 3 : stretch, keep going with veg nutes and high humidity, foliar sprays with kelp, compost tea once a week
week 3 : once you see stretch stopping you can give a little boost of pk
week 4 - 5 : boost phosphorus and start lowering humidity
week 6 - 8 : once you see buds starting to swell you start with potassium
week 9 - 10: fade

clones soil mix sounds good
most prob the blood meal caused the toxicity
as you dont have it in there now it will be fine..
looking forward

Last edited:

TnTLabs

Looking good Dakine!:)

Hola TnT!:tiphat:

I didn't know about that!Don't base nutes contain potassium?Or did you mean the pk boost?

Hey Syd,
nice to see you around...
yes i meant the PK Boost... keeping Phosphorus low till stretch is finished keeps plants compact, then push Phosphorus higher than Potassium, till mid flowering or slightly longer, then switch to higher K and lower P boosters, this will fatten things up and give you weight
:dance013:

N

NewAgeGenetics

Hey Syd,
nice to see you around...
yes i meant the PK Boost... keeping Phosphorus low till stretch is finished keeps plants compact, then push Phosphorus higher than Potassium, till mid flowering or slightly longer, then switch to higher K and lower P boosters, this will fatten things up and give you weight
great advice!

will try it out.

Dakine

Veteran
Hello Dak!
everything's allright here, nice looking plants man!

Just i can't see why do you bother to prepare a soilmix and finally add some liquid fertilizers...
More simple to go with lightmix and liquid nutes or soilmix with water only (maybe some teas/ additional feeds for the soil) imo ;)

Mix a rich soil with base nutes sounds dangerous to me :biggrin:
Anyway good luck for the next!

Lol Slip, it doesnt make sense to prepare A soil mix and then used liquid fertz. You are totally right my friend.. But the way my indoor enviroment is, the plants dont like the rich/hot Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil by its self. So I've mixed it with the Pro Mix ORganic Soil mix which is VERY VERY light. Then I've added Calcium,Lime,and Gypsum. To help with the Acidic soil, and to increase the calcium thats available by ALOT.. which was advice from MANY good intelligent growers..

So because I dont have the correct soil mixes,liquid nutes, organic nutes,indoor enviroment, and knowledge and practice.. I screwed up and have to mix things up right now, and cant use just A light mix and feed with liquid nutes, an amended soil mix with no liquid nutes, or make A soilless mix..

Hopefully next new run, I can start every plant and finish it in A rich Soil mix, or an amended soil mix or amended soilless mix without liquid ferts...

Alright TnT ill write that stuff down lol.. Its not that you didnt want to bore everyone, you just didnt want to share your prized secrets!!! lol jus kiddin.. So I dont really have A PK Booster, I gotta find something to use with Phosphorus. I wonder if RAW has something, or should i just buy "PK Booster" lol.

Dakine

Veteran
Amk3k #1

Amk3k #1

Hey you guys, check out this Amk3k girl. Shes the tallest and bushiest plant right now, besides the Big CFF3k Girl. But this girl smells so good and loud. I've noticed all the Amk3k girls are the stinkiest right now.

I decided that the top of her is way to tall, right now shes 3ft. The only other girl close to her is another Amk3k. Both will be getting the top of them trained right now.. They have already been topped 1 time, and I might top those 2 main branches again to slow her down.

Here is the top of the 3ft girl I just started training.. The top is so bushy and filled with growth, im probably going to need to cut alot of fan leaves off in order to get some air circulation and light in there.

Here is the top after I trained 5-6 branches lol.

Check out these leaves she has.. They look pretty healthy to me besides the fact there not smooth and straight.. This big one has 9 fingers, 2 of them are super small and on top other fingers so its kinda hard to see in the picture..

Dakine

Veteran
Most Of The Clones

Most Of The Clones

Finally got A few minutes to take some pics of the clones and the SSSDH girls that are at my friends house.. Just so you guys know, he only has them at his house under his count.. I go there everyday or every other day to water.. He calls me if something looks off..

So with that being said, I cant blame anything on him haha.. I think I shoulda put more Fox Farms Ocean Forest with the Organic Pro Mix.. The mix is to light, most of them are starting to yellow out. I also checked, and all of them have A good root structure, but there not rootbound yet.

From left to right, first are the Bg3ks,middle-Amk3k, and on the right are the Ba3ks.. Most have been topped or fimmed. Lowest yellow leaves are the bottom set of leaves when I first cut the clones off mom..

BG3k #2 in back and #3 in front

Amk3k #4 in back, and #2 in front

Ba3k #1 in back, and #2 in front

The flash makes them look way more yellow then they really are.. The 1st pic shows A better example.

TnTLabs

Finally got A few minutes to take some pics of the clones and the SSSDH girls that are at my friends house.. Just so you guys know, he only has them at his house under his count.. I go there everyday or every other day to water.. He calls me if something looks off..

So with that being said, I cant blame anything on him haha.. I think I shoulda put more Fox Farms Ocean Forest with the Organic Pro Mix.. The mix is to light, most of them are starting to yellow out. I also checked, and all of them have A good root structure, but there not rootbound yet.

From left to right, first are the Bg3ks,middle-Amk3k, and on the right are the Ba3ks.. Most have been topped or fimmed. Lowest yellow leaves are the bottom set of leaves when I first cut the clones off mom..

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1583.jpg]View Image[/URL]

BG3k #2 in back and #3 in front

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1585.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Amk3k #4 in back, and #2 in front

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1586.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Ba3k #1 in back, and #2 in front

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1588.jpg]View Image[/URL]

The flash makes them look way more yellow then they really are.. The 1st pic shows A better example.

the mix looks great for seed starts and clones.. make a note of how you made the mix and maybe just add 10% more FFOF and 10% of EWC to the mix next time... then youll be fine!
i have high hopes for the BA3k.... the mum yielded well and had rock hard nugs
you are about to up pot them now anyway, so
all good... stick to your new recipe

TnTLabs

Hey you guys, check out this Amk3k girl. Shes the tallest and bushiest plant right now, besides the Big CFF3k Girl. But this girl smells so good and loud. I've noticed all the Amk3k girls are the stinkiest right now.

I decided that the top of her is way to tall, right now shes 3ft. The only other girl close to her is another Amk3k. Both will be getting the top of them trained right now.. They have already been topped 1 time, and I might top those 2 main branches again to slow her down.

Here is the top of the 3ft girl I just started training.. The top is so bushy and filled with growth, im probably going to need to cut alot of fan leaves off in order to get some air circulation and light in there.

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1577.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Here is the top after I trained 5-6 branches lol.

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1582.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Check out these leaves she has.. They look pretty healthy to me besides the fact there not smooth and straight.. This big one has 9 fingers, 2 of them are super small and on top other fingers so its kinda hard to see in the picture..

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1578.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1580.jpg]View Image[/URL]

do a slurry please to check if things are still on track..
some leaves are twisting...
you can defoliate 1/4 of the main fan leaves and clean her out a bit and take some clones...
she will explode..
yes AMK3K are very vigorous and yield very good!

TnTLabs

So I dont really have A PK Booster, I gotta find something to use with Phosphorus. I wonder if RAW has something, or should i just buy "PK Booster" lol.

no, no need for pk booster
you have Raw Potassium no?
so use your Dyna Bloom after stretch.....
then afterwards mix 75% Bloom 25% Raw Potassium
thats fine

Dakine

Veteran
So I know you said theres no need for PK boosters! BUT while at the local shop I was ryin to see if they had anything with just phosphorus.. The only product close enough, was RAW-Phosphorus. BUT it also had A good amount of nitrogen, which my plants dont need any more of.. Sadly I didnt listen lol. I got the RAW-Phosphorus just incase its needed.

So During the first 3-4weeks of flower, you think I should use the Dyna Grow-Gro which is for veg? Then once the stretch is finally finished, I switch over to Dyna-Grow Bloom for about A week by itself or with molasses.. Then ill add some RAW-Potassium with the Bloom Nute, just until its time to flush.

Latest posts

Latest posts