What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TnT Labs Genetics Grow

Dakine

Veteran
Hey you guys! Haha Mless its "Work"! Buncha physical labor if ya ask me! Which wasnt in the handbook when I signed up for this! I should get some compensation, dont ya think Mless??!?! LOL

Oh I didnt think that was A Ph issue since it was kinda deformed when it germinated.. Then I moved the 2-BA3k to the rear, so they would be slightly behind the MH and to the left of it... But still in range of good light..
Even though basically all the seedlings are in the very middle, under the MH with LEDs directly above then CFLS further out then more LEDs. I still like to rotate them every 3-6 days with each other. Idk I think that they might like the mixture of spectrums and intensity? My clones are all on the outer edes haha probably all mad...

So today is watering day as you could see from some dry pots. I figured that we dont really know how long the lime will take to adjust the soil on my big girls flowering.. BUT until then why not make the PH of the water/tea A Good 6.0-6.4 after the molasses,Aeration(24hrs),Great White(1xwk) , and the wetting agent.. Im going to lower the PH will lemon or fresh lime, I have both and they work VERY WELL at lowering the PH.

I was also thinking about adding the crushed/powdered oyster shells to my new FFOF mix that I havent added anything into yet? Since everyone seems to think calcium is the culprit? If I added 1/2 the strength thats recommended I think we should be safe? Then itll be prepping/getting eatin for A Few weeks before use..

Which Kush was used again? lol bro check the semi thread.. Did you ever look at the genetic make up of Fast Freeze? its funny as hell! OH and lmk what you think about the watering with the ph at 6.0-6.4, using fresh lime OR lemon to down the PH. Atleast we dont have to worry bout the semi-hot FFOF mix, since I basically got rid of it. Its no where near any of the plants, and cant get mixed up for the brand new FFOF bags since I threw the old one out in the yard as a top dressing for 2-Lychee Trees!

EDIT- Hey Lester! Right on for stopping by homie. Feel free to grab A chair in the other Semi Auto Thread if you want.. Something tells me it will be interesting but not as interesting as this thread... Only because theres 3 strains and ALOT more plants then the Semi-Auto that has 1 Strain for now, and 2 Girls for now! You growing anythng?

mless

I think the best PH range is between 6.2-6.6 when potting in soil. I was using apple cider vinegar but now I ordered dedicated PH down powder. I don't know for sure but've read that it's getting PH more stable than lemons.

You don't ask for reparations, physical labor is important because it gives you reason to treat yourself with cannabis afterwards. :biggrin:

TnTLabs

yo d,
hope you had a good weekend...
like mless said in soil, rather around 6.6.. even higher..6.4-6.8, veg higher.. flower lower... look at this chart
Nutrient_Chart2.gif

depending on the plant stage ph accordingly...
as your soil ph is most prob higher yes ph at 6.4 for a day or 2.. then back to 6.5-6.6
you can use lemons but citric acid will be a lot easier and cheaper in the long run.. can also use vinegar essence, the clear white stuff.. but both wont hold ph stable, for the long run citric acid is best!

get rid of that hermie, asap.. no point in wasting time..
you gained a lot of knowledge.. us that on the new ones..
ditch it and put energy in the new ones....
same goes for any of them.. if you see hermie.. cull
simple..
good luck
:thank you:

Dakine

Veteran
Lol mless. I like how you have something wise to say at the end of your post.. it makes you seem like a monk or something haha! See a lot of people say not to use ph down or up and that stuff...

Alright I'll try to work my soil down.. if it wasn't such an immediate issue since my plants are in flower. I think I would've tried to use fresh ground coffee beans.. I have 2 semi small trees but they still produce...

Isn't FFOF actually higher then the recommended ph?

I'm also getting rid of the hermie o my friend who is setting up a tent so we can still see what the buds kinda woulda been like!

mless

Hey man! I hope we're not sharing the same buddy who's building up a tent because then he'd not have space for your plants. :)

Dakine

Veteran
So these are 2 out of 4 Amk3k,just to show you how they're doing. The Amk seem to be the slowest out of all the TnT Strains I germinated. Ill get a picture later of the runt that took the longest to show, and was suffocated by its shell and skin its first 2 days above soil.

Amk3k-16 Days from Initial Seed Soak :woohoo:

I wasnt to sure why the bottom/middle BG3k girl had leaves drooping.. I seriously thought I had A Ph issue with these as well.. PLUS it looks like some major stretch, but they are under the MH and closest tops to an LED bulb right on the side of the MH.

BG3k-16 Days from Initial Seed Soak..

Let me know what you guys think the issue is with the BG3k whos middle leaves are drooping.. Cause I did something after I saw that, and they already look like they're getting better.

I'll get some pics of the other girls later on. I've germinated and had ALOT of seedlings in the past.
(Doesnt mean I completed that many harvest LOL)
Out of everything ive grown way past this stage, These TnT Strains have the Fattest/Widest leaves ive seen at this age. Maybe thats why I keep thinking they grew a couple nodesi in 1 night.

Dakine

Veteran
Mless its impossible haha, or nearly impossible.. BUT if it was true, you better bet someones plants are going missing and might end up in place of the hermie that WAS in my tent... haha

I kinda just want to water these seedlings with plain tap water I leave over night, No aeration or molasses or lemon or lime to lower ph..
I have never had any problems this early EVER, with just the plain water.. Leaves drooping/leaves slightly curling, edges of a leaf are flipping upwards or deformity caused by ph imbalance..
I swear the only time I've had leaves deforming was from the very first leaves/leaf being deformed but it stayed like that as long as that node growth lived, and it ended up huge and beautiful.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
all the best dakine,,,
i have TnTs varietys and have all of there varietys that i will be running for the next rwo years or so,,,,
tnts beans are very virile,,sprouting is 90% to 100%,,,,,
i am just about to transplant my cfak x bb3kings
and i be putting some pics of my low coast lemons tommorow night before they are cut at the weekend,,,,
looking good your end,,happy and healthy,,i have found the tnt varietys sprout very quickly after only 8-12 hours in water then into bio bizz light mix and in 24 hours most are popping through as my pics will show,,,,
the very best of luck with this run and your future endeavors,,,s2

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
some pics of my "cfak x bb3kings",,,,
just before transplant,,lok similiar eh?,,,s2

TnTLabs

looking good d.. they are growing better... a touch less water maybe ? BG3k might look over watered or they are sleeping if you have lights on for 24hrs? not sure.. the pots heavy?

nice one S2.. thanks for the update guys!

Dakine

Veteran
Here are the other 2-AMK3k girls.. The 1 in the left pot is the smallest runt, and the other on the right is the 1st runt to pop up out of the 2.. I need to raise the bulbs higher and directly above them or atleast close.. I always have bulbs directed at the plants from the sides, so the MH or Bigger/Stronger Light doesnt have any interference or have bulbs partially blocking it...
So even though they are pretty close to the MH, The bulbs are closer to them, so they lean towards them.. They might hate me after I move the bulbs higher up haha!

TnT- I take almost all pictures after I water them, if I was planning to water that Day. I dont water them if there pots arent almost completely dry and they are close to drooping lol.. These young girls probably take about 3-4 days now, til they get dry. '
My other SSSDH clones and plants get Water/Fed every 2 days, and they are drooping..

944s2 no shit huh.. They look identical to me.. Idk if its true, but ive noticed that when A grower has multiple strains not even closely related to each other. The product/harvest from all the different strains will actually look pretty damn similiar, for some crazy reason.. I know it has to do with enviroment,lights, nutes and all that good stuff, But its still fricken amazing.
So maybe its the same even when they produce seeds? Haha that would be awesome, but wouldnt make sense since everyones strains they grab from same breeder dont all look the same...

I wanna see some grows of the BHB3k.. That has to be the reason we all have similiar looking plants, since BHB3k is in practically all the new crosses we are testing.. Im happy it is though, so far I like the way the different strains are growing.. 944s2 you notice any odd or cool or coolishy odd things or traits from these young girls?

Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
Update, Sorry Guys Been Very Sick..

Update, Sorry Guys Been Very Sick..

Hey you guys, so I've been sick the past few days.. Still feel sick but I remembered to check on the girls early this morning. Luckily I did, cause it didnt look to good..

Almost every girl looked completely dead, dried out bent over with there leaves all soft and sucked together.. I didnt think they where going to survive, but I still watered them about 8 hours ago...
Some still look very bad, and some seemed to come back to put up a fight.. I just transplanted some of them. Idk if its just me, but some seem to have some new/other damage I havent seen. I havent been able to look at the girls the past 3 days, so to be honest im not sure what its from.

I flushed them very lightly, then transplanted them into 1/2gallon and 1 gallon pots.. I just want them to recover, and veg for about 2 weeks. Then ill be transplanting into 1gal-2gal pots, to veg for another 2-3weeks. Then decide what pots they will flower in..
The reason I transplnt 2 times during veg is so I can catch them before they usually get rootbound.. Im thinking if I can catch them in time, they wont have to go through so much stress.. Doesnt help when they have to go through major droughts though...

I feel ashamed, but I think I should post the pics without cutting anything off haha.. Im transplanting the SSSDH clones I have and ill be throwing them into flower so the TnT strains have the veg space to themselves..!!

Ba3k-

BG3k-

Amk3k- Luckily these girls didnt get effected much at all, well visually, I havent looked at there roots yet to see if they're rootbound..

TnTLabs

Hey you guys, so I've been sick the past few days.. Still feel sick but I remembered to check on the girls early this morning. Luckily I did, cause it didnt look to good..

Almost every girl looked completely dead, dried out bent over with there leaves all soft and sucked together.. I didnt think they where going to survive, but I still watered them about 8 hours ago...
Some still look very bad, and some seemed to come back to put up a fight.. I just transplanted some of them. Idk if its just me, but some seem to have some new/other damage I havent seen. I havent been able to look at the girls the past 3 days, so to be honest im not sure what its from.

I flushed them very lightly, then transplanted them into 1/2gallon and 1 gallon pots.. I just want them to recover, and veg for about 2 weeks. Then ill be transplanting into 1gal-2gal pots, to veg for another 2-3weeks. Then decide what pots they will flower in..
The reason I transplnt 2 times during veg is so I can catch them before they usually get rootbound.. Im thinking if I can catch them in time, they wont have to go through so much stress.. Doesnt help when they have to go through major droughts though...

I feel ashamed, but I think I should post the pics without cutting anything off haha.. Im transplanting the SSSDH clones I have and ill be throwing them into flower so the TnT strains have the veg space to themselves..!!

Ba3k-

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1169.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1177.jpg]View Image[/URL]

BG3k-

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1171.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1172.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Amk3k- Luckily these girls didnt get effected much at all, well visually, I havent looked at there roots yet to see if they're rootbound..

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_1173.jpg]View Image[/URL]

sorry to hear you been ill, i figured something was up when you normaly update at least every other day..
anyway, hope you feel better... get on ginger tea and eat healthy... the plants seem not too effected...
blessings

Dakine

Veteran
Update 26-27Days from Initial Soak

Update 26-27Days from Initial Soak

Hey you guys, sorry for not posting anything up in awhile. I wasnt doing to good, but after A trip to the hospital and some antibiotics im feeling much better.. Short story is in my TnT Semi-Auto thread in sig..

Sooo all the girls seem to be doing much better from the drought.. Even the leaves that had weird yellow spots on them healed, but the spots are still there since the plant cant do anything about them.. I kinda wanna cut the leaves off with those yellow spots because its hard to tell if its slowly getting bigger or not..
In the next 4 days at most, the TnT Lab Strains will have the vegging area to themselves.. Everyone will also be topped and maybe trained, everyone is already working on there 5th node so the 4th node just reecently grew out..

They are still getting Non Adjusted Plain Tap Water with Black Strap Molasses, and sometimes Great White. They seem to be doing fine now, so im not sure about even adding lime to the top of the soil.. But I will add lime to the SSSDH girls I have flowering they arent doing to good...

BG3k-26/27 Days from Initial Soak

BG3k you can see the worst yellowing on bottom leaves

Next!
BA3k- 26/27 Days From Initial Soak

BA3k Side Shot

Dakine

Veteran
Update Continuation 26/27 Days From Initial Soak

Update Continuation 26/27 Days From Initial Soak

Oh I also forgot to mention, I dont know which plants will be staying inside or going outside to flower. But I will be taking Cuts FOR SURE, I aint trying to lower my chances at keeping an awesome girl trying to reveg or something haha..
With that said I will be starting to take precautions, and Foliar Feeding them with some Neem Oil,Very little dishsoap for now, and Black Strap Molasses.. I will use A 1/2dose to 3/4 of A Full Dose getting closer to knowing whos going outside... Im thinking it will help keep the neem oil on/lightly saturated so I dont get certain bugs now and theyll be ready once there even outside..

Amk3k- 26/27 Days From Initial Soak!

TnTLabs

hey D,
nice to hear you are feeling better!
things are looking good there... yeah the soil is still loaded with food.. no need to feed for a while.. from what i can tell the leaves have either K or Mg deficiency, bottom leaves like that is most prob Mg... prob still too low ph due to the high salt content.. so best follow slows advice and get gypsum on there...
lime wouldnt be the best option now... but to be sure, do another slurry test and you can see a tendancy of the soil ph perhaps... you can try and add a pinch of epsom salt the next waterings.. wont hurt
yeah ready for topping... let the fun beginn
good luck

Dakine

Veteran
Hey Bro, yeah man im glad I actually feel better.. I really wasnt sure what was honestly wrong with me.. For a second I thought all the past years I partied hard, and used about anything you could think of, Finally caught up to me.. HAHAHA so Fuqed up bro..
Im sorry about not even getting back to you about those products. MY uncle called me but I missed it, and basically let my phone run out of battery just until 1 1/2-2Days ago. I could barely even move, but thats still no excuse for not doing what I said I would..

Today was the 1st day I actually felt even close to normal.. So first things I did was clean up, trim,water, transplant, and do anything that needed to be done for the girls to have A good enviroment..
But I will do that Slurry test, I think I have to cause the SSSDH girl flowering isnt doing to good. I need to be able to fix or prevent these current issues that im having with my non touched store bought soil, or the problem Im having with anything flowering in the tent, since all the girls ive been flowering outside havent had any of the issues im having now inside..
The only thing I can remember doing that would have made the lower leaves like that, wouldve been the Watering/Feeding that I Was bringing down to Ph 6.2-6.8 using Lemon Juice. I still think My Brand New Ph Pen is off, so the ph reading could be way off when im thinking its at 6.4-6.8 yah know? Cause once I flushed that day that they looked DEAD, they seemed to get better with there growth picking up..

Oh, I thought the gypsum was just for the SSSDH girls/clones he saw.. Cause those have the semi-prepped FFOF soil mix and the TnT Strains all have brand new FFOF soil basically straight out of the bag, but just watered with Black strap molasses about 1-2 weeks before being used...
I stopped using epsom salt... I swear someone in the SSSDH thread said to stop using it, even though I hardly even used close to half A dose.. What do you think is the perfect amount to mix into A 1-Gallon Water Jug?

So I know theres actually soil readers/pens, but we can still read the Ph of the soil with A regular Ph pen by doing the Slurry Test.. Do you think I should purchase A Soil Ph Meter/container thing or some Pen that has both capabilities? I do also wanted to get A PPM Meter. Its kinda irritating trying to do the math/calculations using the charts on the back of each product being used haha..

TnTLabs

damn, sounds like you went through some rough times the last days... all the best!! good to see you back at it!
bro, go on the bay and get a ph & a ppm pen from china.. be like $3 each, they will do just fine.. will take 2-3 weeks till it get there though.. but i get like 4-5 at a time and they last about 3/4 of a year or longer... get a ppm meter as well.. same price..
gypsum will be good for all.. extra calcium cant harm!
ok, i see all the seedlings are in FFOF straight from the bag...
TBH they aint looking too bad... i think with correct ph of your next waterings you will be fine and they will straighten themselves out..possibly due to you beeing ill and not watering there was a salt buildup and the ph sank....

let us know slurry results, we should aim for 6.6-6.8..
get back into the flow of watering and things should be fine..
as a boost i give a tablespoon per 10 gallon of epsom salts after flowering stretch is completed... helps phosphorus uptake..
in veg, a foliar spray once a week is good, a pinch in a gallon

Latest posts

Latest posts